THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

I thought episode 3 was not as great as the first two but it was still solid.

I like that there's some friction with Chrisjen/Draper and Holden's crew. Some of the best relationships start out rocky.

I feel the scientist will kill Mao now that Mao has gone soft.

I thought it was the best of the season. Things got pretty tense with unnamed characters making a reappearance, other characters getting drawn into the politics going on behind the scenes, and tension between newly merged parties.

Last edited:
This show is very slow burn. I dont know how much more I can take it.
I slogged through the first season, but I'm glad I did.

The second season, and so far the third, of this show is some of the best tv I've ever watched, let alone just sci fi. Multiple episodes would have easily been season/series finale-level in most any other show. It is well acted, well directed, and well scored.... and the difference in the show's quality of story is staggering, to be honest. If it weren't for it being the same characters and settings, this could almost be an entirely different show. It's like if you took Andromeda (with a bigger budget) and turned it into Battlestar Galactica after the first season.

I feel the scientist will kill Mao now that Mao has gone soft.
I felt the same the second Mao started to lose his nerve.

Has Mao gone soft or does he just miss his daughter, she was his favorite I believe. There was a quick flash on the screen of her dead body that Mao glanced at in one of his scenes.
Both.

The loss of his daughter helped him realize that the ends are not justifying the means. A parent's loss of a child is nothing to scoff at.

I have watched every episode, but still I wish it be more dense and action packed.

How about that brutal rear naked choke from Holden? Good stuff.

Episode 4 was great. I love Chrisjen's attire. She's pretty sexy for an old broad.

That last graphic scene at the end was brutal.

Thought for sure when Mao tried to open the door, he'd die.

Oh and that opening scene with the retrieval of Nauvoo was amazing. Incredible VFX. This episode's special effects would probably cost the entire budget for a season of Syfy's Dark Matter.

Can't wait to see the president and his side kick look like fools when one of them gets outed and the other realizes they've been played like a puppet.

Was surprised to see Mao change his mind. I guess he wasn't going soft just wasn't seeing the progress he wanted and decided they've done enough damage. I really have no idea where this show is going next which is great.

Update: May 11, 2018

THE EXPANSE Cancelled by Syfy After Third Season, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere by Alcon

theexpanse_news.0.jpg

The current third season of The Expanse will be the space drama’s last one on Syfy. The cable network has decided not to renew the show for a fourth season, with the last episode slated to air in early July. Alcon Television Group, which fully finances and produces the critically praised series, plans to shop it to other buyers.

The Expanse transported us across the solar system for three brilliant seasons of television,” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “Everyone at Syfy is a massive fan of the series, and this was an incredibly difficult decision. We want to sincerely thank The Expanse’s amazing cast, crew and all the dedicated creatives who helped bring James S.A. Corey’s story to life. And to the series’ loyal fans, we thank you most of all.”

The Expanse was one of the first series greenlighted after the change in programming direction at Syfy, signaling a return to the network’s roots with the sweeping space opera series in the vein of Battlestar Galactica. The Expanse,from Alcon and the Sean Daniel Co, which was tipped as a potential successor to BSG, was part of a crop of Syfy series that launched in 2015 along with The Magicians, which was recently renewed for a fourth season, and 12 Monkeys, which was renewed for an upcoming fourth and final season.

The Expanse is one of the most well reviewed sci-fi series on TV, with the current third season scoring 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (vs. 95% for Season 2 and 76% for Season 1).

The cancellation decision by Syfy is said to be linked to the nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the U.S. That puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on live, linear viewing, which is inherently challenging for sci-fi/genre series that tend to draw the lion’s share of their audiences from digital/streaming.

The Expanse‘s Live+3 linear ratings started with 581,000 among adults 18-49 and 1.378 million total viewers in Season 1. Season 2 slipped to 457K in 18-49 and 1.05M viewers; Season 3 to date is running just below the Season 2 averages, at 400K and 1 million, respectively. That is below the performance of Syfy’s top dramas The Magicians and Krypton, as well as comedy Happy!, but in line with a number of co-productions on the network.

“We are very disappointed the show will not be returning to Syfy,” said Alcon Entertainment co-founders and co-CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson. “We respect Syfy’s decision to end this partnership but given the commercial and critical success of the show, we fully plan to pursue other opportunities for this terrific and original IP.”

Co-created and written by Oscar-nominated screenwriting duo Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men), the series is based on the bestselling book series by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey). The cast includes Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham, Frankie Adams and Thomas Jane.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-expanse-canceled-syfy-after-three-seasons-to-be-shopped-1202388026/

Fuck me. I'm done with Syfy and their original shows. They don't finish shit. At least Battle Star Galactica finished. Give this to Netflix they'll do this right.

I'm always intrigued by what does get renewed the same year. It always makes me laugh.

This probably goes to Amazon or Netflix, but we probably have to wait like 3 yrs for season 4, this is going to suck. SyFy sucks. They dont have any money to finish crap.

Update: May 11, 2018

THE EXPANSE Cancelled by Syfy After Third Season, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere by Alcon

theexpanse_news.0.jpg

The current third season of The Expanse will be the space drama’s last one on Syfy. The cable network has decided not to renew the show for a fourth season, with the last episode slated to air in early July. Alcon Television Group, which fully finances and produces the critically praised series, plans to shop it to other buyers.

The Expanse transported us across the solar system for three brilliant seasons of television,” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “Everyone at Syfy is a massive fan of the series, and this was an incredibly difficult decision. We want to sincerely thank The Expanse’s amazing cast, crew and all the dedicated creatives who helped bring James S.A. Corey’s story to life. And to the series’ loyal fans, we thank you most of all.”

The Expanse was one of the first series greenlighted after the change in programming direction at Syfy, signaling a return to the network’s roots with the sweeping space opera series in the vein of Battlestar Galactica. The Expanse,from Alcon and the Sean Daniel Co, which was tipped as a potential successor to BSG, was part of a crop of Syfy series that launched in 2015 along with The Magicians, which was recently renewed for a fourth season, and 12 Monkeys, which was renewed for an upcoming fourth and final season.

The Expanse is one of the most well reviewed sci-fi series on TV, with the current third season scoring 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (vs. 95% for Season 2 and 76% for Season 1).

The cancellation decision by Syfy is said to be linked to the nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the U.S. That puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on live, linear viewing, which is inherently challenging for sci-fi/genre series that tend to draw the lion’s share of their audiences from digital/streaming.

The Expanse‘s Live+3 linear ratings started with 581,000 among adults 18-49 and 1.378 million total viewers in Season 1. Season 2 slipped to 457K in 18-49 and 1.05M viewers; Season 3 to date is running just below the Season 2 averages, at 400K and 1 million, respectively. That is below the performance of Syfy’s top dramas The Magicians and Krypton, as well as comedy Happy!, but in line with a number of co-productions on the network.

“We are very disappointed the show will not be returning to Syfy,” said Alcon Entertainment co-founders and co-CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson. “We respect Syfy’s decision to end this partnership but given the commercial and critical success of the show, we fully plan to pursue other opportunities for this terrific and original IP.”

Co-created and written by Oscar-nominated screenwriting duo Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men), the series is based on the bestselling book series by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey). The cast includes Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham, Frankie Adams and Thomas Jane.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-expanse-canceled-syfy-after-three-seasons-to-be-shopped-1202388026/

Hopefully another channel picks it up. There is a lot more story to tell. 3 seasons won't do it.

Well, if they're getting ass-fucked like that on the deal I'm not surprised they're canning it. If they don't own the production, they can't syndicate it, and they can't stream it then there's almost no room to make their money back on what is one of the most expensive productions in TV.

Wow, last episode was great. Aargh, so frustrating that the good guy mutineers couldn't hold their focus on their prisoners. Next few episodes should be awesome.

Really hope Netflix scoops this show for season 4. Those fuckers just throw money like its nothing.

Last episode was fucking amazing.

The mutiny was fucking intense.

What this show lacks in pure acting ability (even then its cast is more than competent) is more than makes up for in atmosphere, intensity, etc.... I am legit engrossed into every single episode.

Fuck me. I'm done with Syfy and their original shows. They don't finish shit. At least Battle Star Galactica finished. Give this to Netflix they'll do this right.
Yup, Syfy is fucking garbage. I was so pissed when they cancelled Dark Matter, bunch of cunts!

Yup, Syfy is fucking garbage. I was so pissed when they cancelled Dark Matter, bunch of cunts!

That’s one of the shows I was thinking about. Dark Matter wasnt ground breaking but it was still a decent show that I enjoyed.

Hopefully another channel picks it up. There is a lot more story to tell. 3 seasons won't do it.
Tell me about it.

There's no way that this show's story gets told within the confines of less than 2 more full seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back