THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

Ive been hyped about this show for months and now that its out i havent seen one episode. It looks bad ass. I might just read the books first.

I saw the first episode. I want to like it but I remain completely unconvinced. They've thrown a lot of random shit at our face. These three factions hate each other because reasons. They don't delve into what Earth and Mars are about. Belters have weak bones, whatever, it's not interesting we've all heard what happens to bones in space. Other factions being dicks and putting water rations, again don't care. Space detective, don't care. Random stealth ship kills ice mining ship, they're making us think that Martians are responsible and taking the cold war into an actual war, but it's probably aliens or some sort of fourth party, 0 surprise. BSG had me on board immediately. The story in this show feels a lot more contrived.

ive watched 2 of the 4 episodes availabel, show bores me to death. wasted potential.

4th episode officially got me hooked. Really awesome stuff.

Also, visually stunning. Probably not a show out there that competes.

4th episode officially got me hooked. Really awesome stuff.

Also, visually stunning. Probably not a show out there that competes.

In a previous post I mentioned the same thing and a couple others have said the same.

If you are just starting this show episodes 1 + 2 are kinda meh, episode 3 starts to reel you in and episode 4 is amazeballs.

So for anyone interested watch up until episode 4 and if you're still bored then move on but don't give up on the show after episode 1 + 2.

I'm hooked after watching all 4 episodes. Kinda want more of it now.

I saw the first episode. I want to like it but I remain completely unconvinced. They've thrown a lot of random shit at our face. These three factions hate each other because reasons. They don't delve into what Earth and Mars are about. Belters have weak bones, whatever, it's not interesting we've all heard what happens to bones in space. Other factions being dicks and putting water rations, again don't care. Space detective, don't care. Random stealth ship kills ice mining ship, they're making us think that Martians are responsible and taking the cold war into an actual war, but it's probably aliens or some sort of fourth party, 0 surprise. BSG had me on board immediately. The story in this show feels a lot more contrived.
ive watched 2 of the 4 episodes availabel, show bores me to death. wasted potential.
I had the same sentiments to a lesser degree.

But you have to watch up to the 4th episode. The show starts getting interesting around the 3rd episode and the 4th episode will hook you in.

loved the 4th episode, need more. much much much more

Show started off slow and started picking up in the 3rd and 4th episode. Good show.

I'm in! I'm all in! This is a live action version of Mobile Suit Gundam without the Gundams. I'll take what I can get! This show is amazing! MOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!

I've watched three episodes so far, but I've been pretty hooked since early in the second one. Honestly, I'd watch a much poorer show than this just for the (relatively) hard approach to space travel. I understand that they simply has to settle for a few zero-g scenes for practical reasons, but at least they have them. And in addition, deacceleration burns, RCS and what seems like more than token attention to water and oxygen problems.

I saw the first episode. I want to like it but I remain completely unconvinced. They've thrown a lot of random shit at our face. These three factions hate each other because reasons. They don't delve into what Earth and Mars are about.
I'm not going to argue against somebody's tastes, but this puzzles me. We've been handed a pretty realpolitik-related problem in two resource-consuming groups and one resource producing group, with the third party unhappily subjugated to one of them. Dismissing that as "because reasons" seems like you've either just missed something, or that your annoyance is really somewhere else and you let this negatively impact your impression of this aspect as well.

So far, a good series. Will keep watching it. Curious to learn more about the Martians.

The 3rd and 4th episode have definitely been more interesting. The characters aren't engaging though, I don't care what happens to them. It doesn't help that the main character is generic ex-military bland action hero.

Decent episode but didn't blow me away. This is no BSG by any means, but I'll stick with it since not much shows on right now.

That's a mistake. The show really picks up in the third episode, and gets fucking awesome in the fourth.

I just saw the fifth, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Decent episode but didn't blow me away. This is no BSG by any means, but I'll stick with it since not much shows on right now.
Agreed. It is no BSG by any measure, but it's the best sci fi show out at the moment. I'm giving it some time to cook.

This IS based on a series of books, so I think we have to take that into account. BSG's creators could basically do whatever they felt like, and the end result was awesome.

I never saw BSG so I can't compare. I have read all the Expanse books though and so far they are doing a good job with the show. The only thing that is off (and i think I said this before) is Amos. He needs to be bald ffs.
I highly recommend reading the books btw.

It's not, but that's a mixed blessing in my book. It's far better than BG at its worst, and already much more serious and with a stronger sense of internal consistency. BG was pretty continually all over the place, and I ended up not really liking the main plot at all. On the flipside, it doesn't really compare well dramatically with the strongest episodes of BG either, but at it's a relatively slower burn, I have some hopes for that changing.

Back