THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
April 11, 2014

Syfy Orders Ambitious Space Opera THE EXPANSE to Series

iwasI4X.jpg

Syfy is continuing to reinvent itself, handing out another straight-to-series order for a space odyssey based on the best-selling book series The Expanse. The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has picked up 10 episodes of The Expanse, based on James S.A. Corey's book series that includes the well-known Leviathan Wakes.

The drama is described as a thriller set 200 years in the future and follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective and a rogue ship's captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

The series hails from Alcon Television Group, with Oscar-nominated screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men, Iron Man) attached as writers and exec producers. Sean Daniel and Jason Brown of the Sean Daniel Co. developed the pitch with Fergus and Ostby and are also on board to exec produce.

The Expanse is a three-book series that includes Leviathan Wakes, Caliban's War and Abaddon's Gate. The first book in the series was nominated in 2012 for the Hugo Award for best novel as well as the Locus Award for best sci-fi novel. Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin described Leviathan as a "kickass space opera.

Syfy Orders 'The Expanse' Based on James S.A. Corey's Best-Selling Book Series

Update: July 11, 2014

Thomas Jane to Star in Syfy's Space Opera Series THE EXPANSE

thomas-jane-dans-Headshot.jpg

Syfy's Leviathan Wakes adaptation titled The Expanse has cast its leading man. Hung alum Thomas Jane has nabbed the starring role in the cable network's adaptation of James S.A. Corey's Leviathan Wakes book series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The drama is described as a thriller set 200 years in the future and follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective (Jane) and a rogue ship's captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

Three-time Golden Globe-nominee Jane will play the world-weary Miller, a native of "the Asteroid Belt" between Mars and Jupiter. Miller is a detective for a corporate security force operating as the law in the Belt. Ragged, in search of something even he can't identify, Miller remains a dedicated cop with great instincts who discovers a newfound sense of purpose when he's put in charge of the investigation into a missing heiress.

Syfy picked up The Expanse straight to series with a 10-episode commitment in April as part of its push to go back to its roots in the sci-fi/fantasy series it once ruled with Battlestar Galactica. The series hails from Alcon Television Group, with Oscar-nominated screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men, Iron Man) attached as writers and exec producers. They'll serve as showrunners alongside fellow executive producer Naren Shankar (CSI).

Thomas Jane to Lead Syfy Series THE EXPANSE, Adaptation of LEVIATHAN WAKES

Update: January 15, 2015

First Trailer for Syfy's THE EXPANSE Has Zero Gravity Sex

The-Expanse-Zero-Gravity-Sex-Dragonlord.jpg

It's Syfy's most expensive series ever and the best hope for sci-fi fans looking for the next great space opera. The Expanse is based on James S.A. Corey's bestseller Leviathan Wakes, which is aiming to be the next Star Trek/Firefly/Farscape-style adventure series. The 10-episode first season will debut later this year, with Terry McDonough (Breaking Bad) directing the first two episodes.

The Expanse is a thriller set 200 years in the future, after mankind has colonized the solar system. A hardened detective (Thomas Jane) and a rogue ship's captain (Steven Strait) come together for what starts as the case of a missing young woman and evolves into a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

The Expanse looks like everything that's been missing from TV sci-fi ever since Battlestar Galactica left the airwaves. The biggest takeaway from The Expanse's first promo is Thomas Jane's killer fedora and zero gravity sex. The Expanse also stars Shohreh Aghdashloo, Steven Strait, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham, Florence Falvre, Jonathan Banks, Paulo Costanzo and Jay Hernandez.

Trailer for Syfy's The Expanse Has Fedora and Zero Gravity Sex

April 11, 2014

Syfy Orders Ambitious Space Opera THE EXPANSE to Series

The-Expanse-041114-Dragonlord.jpg

Syfy is continuing to reinvent itself, handing out another straight-to-series order for a space odyssey based on the best-selling book series The Expanse. The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has picked up 10 episodes of The Expanse, based on James S.A. Corey's book series that includes the well-known Leviathan Wakes.

The drama is described as a thriller set 200 years in the future and follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective and a rogue ship's captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

The series hails from Alcon Television Group, with Oscar-nominated screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men, Iron Man) attached as writers and exec producers. Sean Daniel and Jason Brown of the Sean Daniel Co. developed the pitch with Fergus and Ostby and are also on board to exec produce.

The Expanse is a three-book series that includes Leviathan Wakes, Caliban's War and Abaddon's Gate. The first book in the series was nominated in 2012 for the Hugo Award for best novel as well as the Locus Award for best sci-fi novel. Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin described Leviathan as a "kickass space opera.

Syfy Orders 'The Expanse' Based on James S.A. Corey's Best-Selling Book Series

Oh god this is maybe my favorite sci-fi series.

But I am very wary of something on the sci-fi channel. I just get feeling it's going to be cheesy/terrible/poorly done/unimpressive/make me hate my life.

bleh basic cable

ive been waiting for this, but i imagine the production quality and the shitty crayola CGI will ruin it. This just not belong on this network, along with some other shows.

isnt moving to a new network anyways?

it's ok......the cgi is better? But...

Is this show basically like Caprica? It really reminds me of Caprica.

I liked it. Looking forward to the next episode.

Super thrilled and hoping this is good. If this is good, and the New Star Wars is good, and the Jonathan Nolan 'Foundation' thing actually gets made, and the New Star Trek series is in the prime universe...Sci Fi may finally resurrect.

Btw, let's get people to Mars.

Super thrilled and hoping this is good. If this is good, and the New Star Wars is good, and the Jonathan Nolan 'Foundation' thing actually gets made, and the New Star Trek series is in the prime universe...Sci Fi may finally resurrect.

Btw, let's get people to Mars.

They are making that??????? Yes please!

They are making that??????? Yes please!

It was announced about a year ago. No updates though...

Edit: something I found on reddit

At a Paley Center event in April this year, Jonah confirmed that he was indeed working on it. Earlier in the month, Deadline reported that Athena Wickham, who previously worked at Bad Robot Productions (JJ Abrams' company that works with Nolan for Person of Interest & the upcoming Westworld), had moved to Jonah's company, Kilter Films, and will serve as Producer on the Foundation.

https://m.reddit.com/r/scifi/comments/2w0zj3/any_news_on_the_hbo_christopher_nolan_adaptation/

I have this downl-.... DVR'd. Gonna check it out when I'm back home from the holiday.

I'm really hesitant about watching this show since it's from Syfy. Has anything good ever come outta that channel?

Just watched the pilot. This show has HUGE potential.

Back