The Enigma of Zabit

DC, Khabib and Zabit is taking over the UFC.

tenor.gif

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/adesanya-hype.3863533/

So Adesanya is a "hypejob" for KOing a consensus top 10 MW who has the most first round finishes in the history of the division, but Zabit, who's fought nobody, is an "enigma."

Shetards never cease to amaze.

Adesanya is a great kickboxer with impressive TDD this far.
Zabit is great at every aspect of MMA and can literally finish you anywhere and which ever way you want depending on the night. Its ridiculous.

I think his skills are elite but he just hasn't fought top competition yet. If he puts away Yair without many problems I think it will speak volumes about how good he is. Preferably I would like to see him up at Lightweight, he looks a little to lean at Featherweight.

Well.... Yair Rodriguez already dodged him. And I somehow don't blame him.... Well I do blame him but understand him

How do you think Zabit's muslim sensiblilites sit in line with you constantly riding his dick?

I'm the opposite of politically correct but this is just LAME and really reaching.

<Gordonhat>

Hasn't fought a top 20 guy yet or an elite wrestler? Not impressed and his flashy moves will fail miserably when he does fight someone decent

Couldn't put Kyle Bosniak away despite the Canadian letting him whale away on his dome.
I'll reserve judgement.

Frankie Edgar is his divisions acid test.

I can't get invested emotionally until it passes the acid test.

McGregor never got the acid test. The UFC humorously avoided puttiing Fe and Conor in the same discussion hoping we wouldn't notice.

he's not a prospect. he's had 4 fights in the ufc.

his skill set's interesting

He's ok. The hype he has is absurd. Still hasn't fought anyone of note

Zabit in my eyes is the GOAT. He didn't proof jack shit yet, but its hard to find him a good match. Fighters are ducking him like the plague. Zabit is basically the most ducked fighter in UFC history! Feed him a top 5 fighter so he can proof himself. Yeah, he is not a marketable clown like Conor. But the UFC should be about fighting skills, not how much shit you can talk.

he's not a prospect. he's had 4 fights in the ufc.

his skill set's interesting
Since when is the UFC elite? People should really stop acting like the UFC is elite. There are great fighters in many different organisations. The UFC is just the best marketed.

If he wasn’t Muslim he’d be selling high quality weed to high school kids in California.

His story is kinda movie-worthy, what with the "parents dropped him off at a dojo to be raised" and all. I'm just ready for him to fight some worthy contenders

He was put in an MMA training program as a kid and lived there for a decade while visiting his family only once a month.

Movie-like indeed.

I think his gas tank might be a hindrance so he may have to move to LW. Other than that, the guy looks phenomenal both in the standup and on the ground.

i think he might be the most skilled fighter ive ever seen.

He defintely faded vs Bochniack and was eating some shots in that fight toward the end.

He dictates the pace every fight. Let his oppoennt dictate the pace and he fades quicker. Also his last opponent was really giving him trouble on the feet in the 1st round I'm sure people will take notes from his last fight.

I didn't really see anything substantial in either fight. In the Bockniack fight her pieced him up and while Kyle is tough as nails, Zabit was still getting the better of him in the final exchanges.

The last fight showed his well roundedness once again, 2nd round he switched it up and just dominated the guy with wrestling pressure and pulled off a rare knee bar.

Both master class performances if you ask me. Comes full circle to my point, he is literally great everywhere - can't say that about anyone else ATM.

I didn't really see anything substantial in either fight. In the Bockniack fight her pieced him up and while Kyle is tough as nails, Zabit was still getting the better of him in the final exchanges.

The last fight showed his well roundedness once again, 2nd round he switched it up and just dominated the guy with wrestling pressure and pulled off a rare knee bar.

Both master class performances if you ask me. Comes full circle to my point, he is literally great everywhere - can't say that about anyone else ATM.

Zabit defintely won every round of the Bochniack fight no question about it. But he still was able to land on him repeatedly especially in the last round.

In his last fight he was eating shots often and struggled to land anything significant of his own. He was then forced to switch things up and tried that trip that was denied in the first round.

You talk about masterclass performance but had nothing to comment about that 1st round?

Yes I can say plenty of fighters are great every where. Zabit is pretty good everywhere, but the best fighters in the world have plenty of exploitable holes in their game and Zabit isn't one of the best fighters in the world if you get what I'm saying.

He is a hot prospect and deserves a step up in competition though. I see him being a real threat to most of the top 10 but loses to some top guys though there is a path to victory for him in those few tough match ups.

Zabit defintely won every round of the Bochniack fight no question about it. But he still was able to land on him repeatedly especially in the last round.

In his last fight he was eating shots often and struggled to land anything significant of his own. He was then forced to switch things up and tried that trip that was denied in the first round.

You talk about masterclass performance but had nothing to comment about that 1st round?

Yes I can say plenty of fighters are great every where. Zabit is pretty good everywhere, but the best fighters in the world have plenty of exploitable holes in their game and Zabit isn't one of the best fighters in the world if you get what I'm saying.

He is a hot prospect and deserves a step up in competition though. I see him being a real threat to most of the top 10 but loses to some top guys though there is a path to victory for him in those few tough match ups.

Fair points. That last fight in the first round he still landed more significant shots though. I guess time will tell us what we need to know

Back