The End Of The F**king World - Netflix Series

HereticBD

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
....or movie cut into eight pieces, because serialized dramas are all the rage these days?

Anyways, this was awesome from beginning to end. Don't know how much the trailer will do for people, but I urge you to check it out, regardless. I really have nothing negative to say about it. It's a brilliant dark comedy, with a strong plot that's familiar, but also original, and has amazing performances throughout.

Now, as far as the "movie" comment goes, it's because of the short 20 minute episode format. It works really well though, and has you clicking that "next episode" icon, but I can't help but feel that this was just a long movie cut into pieces. It doesn't detract at all, but it's my own observation that this might be where we're headed. Movie too long? Ah', fuck it. Cut it up and put it on Netflix as a series.

10/10 HereticBD seal of approval. Check it out..

Last edited:
Definately wanna check this out.

Netflix is killing the series lately, too many to keep up with.

Fantastic show, the actors actually look like they're the right age to play 17-18 year old characters they're portraying. Has a succinct story it tries to tell, subverts many a trope, and is a good time. Some shows are called binge worthy but this one IS truly one of those. Tried to keep it spoiler free for maximum entertainment

Solid 8/10.

If you think you've seen the main character before, you mghtve seen in him black mirror.

latest

Finished the season last night, I enjoyed it a lot. The 20 minute episodes were refreshing too, Not every show needs hour long episodes.

I haven't read the comic, but it seems obvious that James really isn't a true phsycopath, which he sort of alludes to near the end of the season. He seems more like a Masochist and a sadist.

But anyway, 8/10 for me.

Last edited:
was good. could've been a two part movie too.
8.5/10

I appreciate the reccomendation, was on the fence about it
ill check it out

{<jordan}

Am I the only one who thought the main chick's biological dad looks kinda like Conor.

Finished the season last night, I enjoyed it a lot. The 20 minute episodes were refreshing too, Not every show needs hour long episodes.

I haven't read the comic, but it seems obvious that James really isn't a true phsycopath, which he sort of alludes to near the end of the season. He seems more like a Masochist and a sadist.

But anyway, 8/10 for me.
Spoiler that shit, man.

Fantastic show, the actors actually look like they're the right age to play 17-18 year old characters they're portraying. Has a succinct story it tries to tell, subverts many a trope, and is a good time. Some shows are called binge worthy but this one IS truly one of those. Tried to keep it spoiler free for maximum entertainment

Solid 8/10.

If you think you've seen the main character before, you mghtve seen in him black mirror.

latest

He was great in this

Definately wanna check this out.

Netflix is killing the series lately, too many to keep up with.

Credit should actually go to Channel 4. I think Netlix just bought the rights to it internationally. It aired in the UK in October.

I got a real movie vibe from the trailer, but figured they'd stretch it in to a series. Seemed good either way though, I'm glad that rang true. I'll have to check it out.

I'm half way through and enjoying it well enough. It kind of gives me a Fargo vibes at times.

Anyways, there are some bits that I felt were a bit cliche, but it's a good watch thus far. It's worth it for the soundtrack alone.

Thanks for the review bruva, I'm gonna check it out today.

Just finished it last night. It worked well broken into episodes because as a 2+ hour movie it would have felt long. Great performances from both leads. At first I thought it might be a typical disillusioned teenager indie film but It totally didn't go in the direction that I expected it to.

He was great in this

Credit should actually go to Channel 4. I think Netlix just bought the rights to it internationally. It aired in the UK in October.
How the hell did I watch that trailer and think it was American? :oops:<45>

I think I am loosing it.

Stupid Netflix. They created this feature called popular episodes, and for some reason it defaulted to the popular episode first when i played this show. The result was i saw episode 7 first, then 6, then 5. I started to think this show was like memento, where it's told backwards, then i finally figured out what's going on.

I hate that feature. I can't imagine myself ever giving a shit about which episodes are more popular than others. But if the keep that feature i hope to fuck they figure out how to make it not activate until you've seen all the episodes in order first.

Anyhow, my experience was kinda ruined, but still a good show.

Back