The Elder Scrolls VI announced! Official E3 teaser trailer inside

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Madmick, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Eazy123

Eazy123 Black Belt

Watch, Todd told the ES team "jeez these fucking gamers and their complaining. Someone go take a pic of some mountains and let's pop an elder scrolls logo on there."

WalkenWouldOwn, Halge and HTTR21 like this.
  2. blaseblah

blaseblah Silver Belt

Geralt does that pirouette when you try to attack without being close enough to land. I think that's more an issue of you not managing distance properly.

Completely disagree with the part about world building. The Witcher feels like a real place with real stories. In Skyrim everyone acts and talks the same, none of the characters are unique.

3. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

Let me ask you something. In all the hours you've put into Witcher 3, did you ever spin in a circle when you didn't want to spin in a circle?

Characters and dialogue I'll give to W3 by a wide margin. But the sense of place and world building is, to me, wholly inferior to Bethesda games. It's not really an open world so much as a big map with really detailed towns in it. It creates these incredibly immersion breaking instances like a treasure chest that's never been found for years being located 15 feet away from the road behind a bush.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. blaseblah

blaseblah Silver Belt

When I first started playing, yes. After several hours I never struggled with the combat again except when I had to fight a boss.

Bringing up treasure chests is ironic when in Skyrim every damn cave, bandit hideout or quest location has the same looking chest with some type of magic item inside it. Oh yeah, and every single puzzle is the exact same thing. Put three symbols in the right order. Somehow it's been sitting there hundreds of years and everyone else was too stupid to figure it out. You walk around town and everyone says the same thing over and over. Tired of getting asked by that jackass if I go to the cloud district. And oh yeah, all the guards magically know about my activities and comment on them. Real immersive.

Part of what worries me about the next Elder Scrolls is that they might make another game like Skyrim instead of evolving their world. There needs to be unique, interesting characters, quests and locations.

Tamriel Terror and Capt Lunatic like this.
  5. kenetics

kenetics Red Belt

Skyrim sucked compared oblivion. I won't hold my breath for the new one.

Tamriel Terror, MASShole and Hogey like this.
  6. w00t

w00t Black Belt

7 years later and all we get is an announcement trailer instead of a new game? which means it could still be 2+ years away FUUUUUUUUUUU

Hatestorm likes this.
  7. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

All I want is unique, pre-placed loot. I fucking hate loot being tied to your level. The best time I had in any Elder Scrolls is in Morrowind exploring and finding all the awesome equipment.

bandicoot, Zer and Halge like this.
  8. SleepyBoy

SleepyBoy Silver Belt

Yeah but you got ES online, it's exactly what you didn't ask for.

WalkenWouldOwn and Hatestorm like this.
  9. Capt Lunatic

Capt Lunatic Purple Belt

Heard the music in the trailer and legit thought it would be Elder Scrolls VI: STILL Skyrim
    The story of Fallout 3 is you leave a vault to look for a family member. Seven years later the story of Fallout 4 is...you leave a vault to look for a family member. I don't think Bethesda is evolving anymore. This is their final form.

10. blaseblah

blaseblah Silver Belt

Well the story of every elder scrolls is you're a prisoner who then goes on a journey to become "the one".

11. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

Wouldn't surprise me if its a launch title for the PS5 in Fall 2020.

...and it'll be a buggy mess.

12. TribalDrumz

TribalDrumz Purple Belt

Buggiest games I have ever played were Skyrim and fallout.. sloppy frame rates

Capt Lunatic likes this.
  13. Zer

Zer Gold Belt

I thought Skyrim was a huge improvement over Oblivion in terms of how it handled scaling (In terms of loot and enemies), but it would be pretty badass to find some ridiculously OP shit when you're still a low level beta. Even if you can't use it and can just sell it for mad gold

This all being said there's probably a mod somewhere for Skyrim (And Oblivion) that addresses all my scaling issues

14. rocketskates

rocketskates Black Belt

Doesn’t look like Valenwood to me but I was kind of hoping for a jungle type location. Either way, I’ll just be happy to have a new game.

15. Tamriel Terror

Tamriel Terror Silver Belt

Oblivion was amazing. I honestly wish they would've just remastered oblivion instead of doing Skyrim on 500 different devices. They could've given us elder scrolls 6 or oblivion remastered but they have no idea what their lotsl fanbass wants. We don't want MMOs and Skyrim remasters.

16. MASShole

MASShole Get it?

Yep, or even a Morrowind remastered to this generation's consoles/PCs, with new playable areas. I think Morrowind was the best, with Oblivion a very close 2nd. Skyrim got boring fast, and after I finished it I never cared to pick it back up and play again like I did with the other two games, or even Dragon Age.

Hogey, Madmick and Tamriel Terror like this.
  17. HereticBD

HereticBD Steel Belt

Isn't there an unofficial remaster of Oblivion for PC?

18. bandicoot

bandicoot Yellow Card Yellow Card

Nah, mods basically remaster it, though.

19. bandicoot

bandicoot Yellow Card Yellow Card

So, everyone in agreement that the trailer is Hammerfell? I've seen some pretty convincing videos with solid evidence to suggest it is, as Howard stated it was made to be picked apart by the fans, meaning there were clues to it's location.

20. Summoning

Summoning Yellow Card Yellow Card

I am also hyped for Blades. Look comfy AF. I will wait for the PC version since my phone is bad. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]