The Elder Scrolls VI announced! Official E3 teaser trailer inside

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Madmick, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Madmick

Madmick Scholar of Taghaza Staff Member Senior Moderator

Should have led with this instead of building hype around a support title. That was clumsy PR.

Bethesda teases The Elder Scrolls VI

2. Urban Youth

Urban Youth Orange Belt

Nice. I'm hoping it's Hammerfell. The sword combat needs to be overhauled and they'll be looking at The Witcher 3 for sure. Maybe even some aspects of Breath of the Wild in other areas too.

No matter what, they need to hire plenty of voice actors this time around.

3. Kaybee

Kaybee Cocaine & Rosé

I think that is High Rock.

If they combined High Rock and Hammerfall into one game, they would really have a massive and varied world to work with, and I have a hunch from the teaser that may be what they end up doing

bandicoot likes this.
  4. RTL

RTL NostraMMAus™ Platinum Member

Nah, they did it correctly. If they started with ES6, nobody would've given a shit about all of their subsequent titles, and would've ended the conference on a low rather than a high. By saving ES6 for last, nobody's talking about the extremely out-of-place musical performance, the awkward speeches from earlier, the lack of enthusiasm for Legends, Doom, Quake, etc. It was done perfectly.

5. bandicoot

bandicoot Red Belt

Please let it be High Rock, as Bretons are my favorite race.

What hunch do you get, btw?

6. bdreason

bdreason Brown Belt

Pretty weak "announcement". Game won't be out for 5+ years. It isn't even the next AAA title they're working on. It's not like people thought they would just abandon the series. Honestly, they should've saved this "announcement" for a few years.

RJ43 likes this.
  7. blaseblah

blaseblah Silver Belt

They don't even have a title yet, which probably means they just started working on it as of last week.

I'm curious to see if they will raise the bar for open world RPGs like the Witcher did.

8. Madmick

No, it wasn't.

It's the best you can do if all you have is a teaser trailer for a game in pre-production after that opening blunder. If they had more to show off they could have led with TES VI, got everyone's eyes on them and excited, rolled out their other stuff, and people wouldn't become impatient because they would know more on TES VI was coming later. So then finish with a closer look at the main game.

Part of me wonders if this was planned, or it was hastily thrown together damage control. The very fact they're having to talk about a "lack of enthusiasm" indicates they didn't understand how to properly generate enthusiasm for those lesser titles.

At the very least...don't open with a huge, tantalizing teaser announcement, "We're going to make an announcement", and then keep everyone on the edge of their seats for half a day just to roll out...Fallout 76. That's the-boy-who-cried-wolf stuff right there.

Water under the bridge, I suppose. All anyone cared about was this.

Now deliver.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    TeTe and Monopoly like this.
  9. Damage

Damage ~~~~~~~~~~~

i think they made this trailer just to shut people up about if a new elder scrolls game is coming or not

Losfer Words, Gandzooka and Madmick like this.
  10. Monopoly

Monopoly Out of mana.

AHHH!

Honestly, i think it probably was put together quickly just to have something to show, but i dont even care. I’m hyped!

11. RTL

RTL NostraMMAus™ Platinum Member

The idea is to ascend to the biggest possible announcement. Not start off with it, and have people totally indifferent to the rest (and majority) of your projects, which people give decreasingly less shits about. Nobody was going to care about the Elder Scroll Blades, Elder Scroll Legends, Doom, Quake, etc. if they started off by announcing Elder Scrolls VI, LOL. It's like starting off a UFC PPV with the main event title fight.

But you're a mod, so you win the argument. I'm just relieved you're not in event production.

Capt Lunatic and bandicoot like this.
  12. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

Bethesda had some straight garbage(mobile games, card games) and rehashed stuff(ESO, Prey), and the way their reveals were organized was horrible, but between Fallout 76 and ES6 they delivered on the hype imo

13. Madmick

Nobody cares about those titles the way they did it, so your conjecture is speculation while mine is fact.

That's why I win the argument.

TeTe likes this.
  14. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Witcher 3 is perhaps the greatest piece of gaming software ever written. I wouldn't expect even Bethesda's Elder Scrolls to "raise the bar." That's asking for the near impossible. Witcher 3 was an 11/10.

Tamriel Terror, Losfer Words and RTL like this.
  15. DeYanKees1

DeYanKees1 Blue Belt

Can’t lead with a game that’s possibly 2-3 years out. Bethesda never shows anything that’s really far out until last nights E3. They have 0 gameplay or in-engine trailer to show so might as well just hit us with the music and logo then bounce.

I think they did it right.

Fijeeto, DarkKnight81 and Hyperglide like this.
  16. KidBaize

KidBaize ...

When I first saw the landscape and then the TES VI logo, I thought they were about to announce a release date... but then nothing. At least they're finally working on it, I guess.

17. UFC=Pride

UFC=Pride Black Belt

Finally announced but how many more years do we have to wait. I hate when they do this show games years off from release.

18. Madmick

Yeah, that approach isn't working so well, is it? They were the butt of this E3 in the press and online social media.

Don't fix what isn't broken, but don't neglect what is.

TeTe likes this.
  19. Hyperglide

Hyperglide Addicted to Synthahol

Lmao at opening with like a 10 second landscape trailer. They only did that so Todd Howard and Pete Hines stop getting harrassed on social media about TES VI.

This game is a long way away and only and idiot didn't know a new TES was in the pipeline.

Tamriel Terror, Fijeeto, TeTe and 5 others like this.
  20. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

For me at least, its another situation of a gaming company losing touch with its base. I didn't want Fallout 76, I wanted Fallout 5. And really what people want, myself included is Elder Scrolls 6 but Bethesda can't roll out these things because they are too busy working on stuff most of their loyal customers don't give a shit about. So at the end they show a title screen for Elder Scrolls 6 as if that's supposed to make me cheer. The game probably won't be ready for 4 more years MF'ers. It looks like they put that together to make things look better than they are.

Companies get this way and I hate it. Blizzard used to be an awesome gaming company but they get complacent. Fans of Blizzard want Warcraft, they want Diablo 4, they want those flagship titles and instead Blizzard goes and devotes all its time to making shit like Overwatch. Same thing with Bethesda, they forget what got them to the show. Fuck all that other shit Bethesda. You could have made 2 announcements and had the best E3 you ever had. "We've devoted the company to working on Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 and here they are."

Frankly that's what we care about Bethesda, not your mobile app for The Blades. I think you are right, that splash of ES6 was thrown together to try to save face with a large chunk of its customers.

Tamriel Terror, RJ43 and Madmick like this.