The Eclipse is Racist...Obviously

Jorge Luis Borges

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/american-totality-eclipse-race/537318/

The author is clearly trying to point out how racist American history has been, but some of these quotes are gold. Gold!

" It has been dubbed the Great American Eclipse, and along most of its path, there live almost no black people."

"From Kansas, the eclipse goes to Missouri, still mostly bypassing black people, though now much more improbably. About a third of Kansas City, Missouri, is black, but most of the city lies just south of the path of totality. To get the full show, eclipse chasers should go north to St. Joseph"

"Moving east, the eclipse will pass part of St. Louis, whose overall population is nearly half black. But the black residents are concentrated in the northern half of the metropolitan area, and the total eclipse crosses only the southern half. Eight miles north of the path of totality is Ferguson, where Officer Darren Wilson shot Michael Brown three summers ago."

"In Kentucky, Tennessee, and eventually South Carolina, the eclipse will finally pass over black Americans. Even here, though, the path of totality seems to mark the legacy of slavery and the persistence of segregation more than any form of inclusion."

This makes me hate white people even more!

Seriously non stop white hate in the media. The drones lap it up.

" It has been dubbed the Great American Eclipse, and along most of its path, there live almost no black people."

iu

I wonder if the light the sun produces is considered white, yellow, or translucent, either way it's most definitely racist.

That sentence will go down in my personal identity politics hall of fame alongside

"We've been floating this country on credit for centuries, yo, and we're done watching and waiting while this invention called whiteness uses and abuses us, burying black people out of sight and out of mind while extracting our culture, our dollars, our entertainment like oil - black gold, ghettoizing and demeaning our creations then stealing them, gentrifying our genius and then trying us on like costumes before discarding our bodies like rinds of strange fruit. The thing is though... the thing is that just because we're magic doesn't mean we're not real."

Thank you.

Jesse Williams

You mean the moon right?
By emphasizing the moon, which is pale, I feel like you are engaging in reverse racism and denigrating the white race. Hating white people is wrong too.

Sooo... Is the author trying to say that the solar system is racist against black people? If so, send the ordelies, administer 10 mg of benzodiazepine and... An enema.

Last edited:
By emphasizing the moon, which is pale, I feel like you are engaging in reverse racism and denigrating the white race. Hating white people is wrong too.

why is it we always take pictures of the white face of the moon and never the black face of the moon????

But what about the dark side of the moon? is the moon actually a mixed individual who is ashame of his dark side? is that why it never shows it to us?

Is it because of our racist society that the moon hates itself?

I always figured Maxine Waters to be illiterate, but now I find out her nom de plume is Alice Ristroph.

<mma4>

I like how the eclipse has no black people, considering eclipses are far more often than not, the blotting out of light, making the sky look black. The stupidity and irony reaches a crystalline degree sometimes, and it is glorious.

I hear all this nonsense in the form of slam poetry

The sky is blotted out
And nowhere is there a BLACK!
Pot cant meet Kettle
Because black man took kettle from shack to SHACK!!
While our mouths remain ashy
Hydrating the snow man with our labor
Our African oration dry
And says he's doing is a FAVOR!!!
Black man never kill Black man
Unless encased within a SYSTEM!!
Amerikkka can be written anew
Because you cant clear the WHITEboard of our WISDOM!!!!

Back