The e-mails between GSP's team and NSAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
his runs were before usada came. Everyone was on drugs then. Lol at thinking everyone was juicing besides gsp. you're retarded.
What people don't seem to understand is that if there is no testing, it's not cheating is it? GSP left the sport before USADA became implemented, he was very vocal about wanting more drug testing. Fact is he went through with whatever drug testing he proposed for the Hendricks fight, Johnny did not.

Who gives a shit if GSP was using before or not? Most fighters were. The real problem is people getting caught after random testing started up. I don't care if Anderson roided his entire career or not, I care that he did after they made it illegal.

And yes I know it was against the rules before USADA aswell but it was more of a don't ask don't tell situation.

I actually think gsp is natural. it's annoying how he believes that he is natural, yet hendricks is not. Hendricks won 3 national titles in college while under random drug testing. Gsp has one fight under random drug testing.
So..... you actually think Johnny was clean?

GSP reminds me a lot of Lance Armstrong in his vocal anti-PEDs stance. He dominated the competition in a time where PED use was rampant and 90% of all top 10 fighters around the world were on something. Maybe he is just such a special talent that he beat all these roided monsters while he was clean. Kinda like Anderson Silva beating Vitor, Chael, Henderson and I don't know how many other PED abusers while passing the tests himself.

GSP beat all the tests and played the game right. Well done by him. That's all you can ask, hell even Mr Olympia competitors have to claim they are clean lmao. Does anyone believe them?

Pro bodybuilding is a bad example. It is like the wwf back in the day saying that they were real matches that were not scripted. It is about promoting an image that everyone smiles and overlooks.

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

This article clears up a lot of misconceptions, including the ones I had.

Hendricks typically gets most of the blame for not agreeing to enhanced testing but what is often overlooked is GSP's unwillingness to cooperate. GSP first presented the idea of doing enhanced testing through VADA to which Hendricks initially agreed and then reneged citing the likeness of GSP on VADA's website as evidence of VADA being impartial. Instead, Hendricks' team put forth the idea of NSAC enhanced testing through the WADA/USADA accredited lab in Salt Lake City (SMRTL - Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory). Which is NOT the same as USADA level testing, but merely the use of the same labs.

NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL would use WADA's banned substance list as well as introduce an element of randomized element to sample collecting.

Here's where things get interesting; GSP's asked a litany of specific questions that Keith Kizer refused to answer with too much detail because doing so would undermine the legitimacy of the drug testing program. Furthermore, in the process of coming to an agreement GSP's management said they would be unreachable for 10 days and this was taken as a tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing program. I can only assume that the tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing was because GSP didn't get the answers he wanted. Not a brash assumption.

Among those questions were (and these are direct quotes from the emails)

My Thoughts/Questions:

1) Why did GSP's team want to know exactly what the samples would be tested for? Especially when he already knew that they would be following WADA's list. Even

2) Why did GSP's team specifically ask about "19-norandrosterone, la testosterone, la DHEA etc." for the specific laboratory method "IRMS"? BTW, 19-norandrosterone is a metabolite of "Deca".

3) It's pretty unprofessional to be out of reach for 10 days when trying to strike an important deal. I would assume this is a tacit refusal to participate in NSAC enhanced testing. Keith Kizer had the same interpretation.

Cliffs:
- Hendricks initially agreed to VADA and then refused VADA citing GSP's likeness on their website as evidence of impartiality
- GSP tacitly refused NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL by being out of pocket for 10 days. GSP's refusal was due to the fact that Keith Kizer would not divulge specific details of the tests because doing so would practically render the testing useless.
- GSP did VADA anyway to save face

it not like gsp not been linked to ped use fo a long time.

So..... you actually think Johnny was clean?
Yes, johny is a weird case because he kept missing weight, I think it wasn't drugs it was him being fat and completely checked out of mma that led to
his bad performances. his literal skills were gone, it was as if he stopped training.

Like I said, johnny is one of the best college
wrestlers of all time. He beat Askren in college and many others all while drug tested. He has proven to be a beast under random drug testing.

Hendricks was in no rush to do any advanced testing at all.. The proof is in his horrendous dog shit performances after. Dude could not even make weight off the juice. GSP under full USADA protocol, finished the MW champ after a 4 year layoff. The rest is pure speculation.

I agree johny used peds and you cant deny that there weren't rumors about gsp for a long time as well.

What people don't seem to understand is that if there is no testing, it's not cheating is it? GSP left the sport before USADA became implemented, he was very vocal about wanting more drug testing. Fact is he went through with whatever drug testing he proposed for the Hendricks fight, Johnny did not.

Who gives a shit if GSP was using before or not? Most fighters were. The real problem is people getting caught after random testing started up. I don't care if Anderson roided his entire career or not, I care that he did after they made it illegal.

And yes I know it was against the rules before USADA aswell but it was more of a don't ask don't tell situation.

I believe that you have one of the most realistic takes on the matter that I have read.

I thought I did. His persistent and specific questions indicate to me that he was trying to beat drug tests.

I am not under the impression that Hendricks was clean. Not in the slightest.

GSP admitted himself that never being flagged for a violation pre-USADA is meaningless. He's had one fight under USADA against a weak opponent (imo).

I'm not grasping at straws. He asked specific questions about drug testing that would render drug testing useless.
He had one fight against the lineal champion of the world. Bisping was a legit top 5 gatekeeper before USADA and he was a legitimate champion when the house of cards called MW fell after they started drug testing. He can't be blamed for UFC not paying Gegard or that the rest of the MW division could not adapt to a cleaner environment.

Further more I've been seeing a lot of people bitching about GSP "ducking" anderson at a higher weight. He said numerous times that he would need time to get up to 185 the right way. Time he did not have because he was fighting in the deepest (at the time) division in the UFC: He retired, got the time, returned. Not his fault Anderson threw away his belt.

They are asking specifics because they wanted to ensure johnny wasnt skirting the system and having kizer sweep it under the rug.

He also tapped to strikes against matt serra and quit the sport after johnny beat the shit out of
him

Thats all that is left for you? The fight with Matt Serra?

{<jordan}

Hendricks suddenly turned into an utter dissapointment out of nowhere. From finishing fights to constantly not making weight. Keep reaching

GSP reminds me a lot of Lance Armstrong in his vocal anti-PEDs stance. He dominated the competition in a time where PED use was rampant and 90% of all top 10 fighters around the world were on something. Maybe he is just such a special talent that he beat all these roided monsters while he was clean. Kinda like Anderson Silva beating Vitor, Chael, Henderson and I don't know how many other PED abusers while passing the tests himself.

GSP beat all the tests and played the game right. Well done by him. That's all you can ask, hell even Mr Olympia competitors have to claim they are clean lmao. Does anyone believe them?
Well, GSP semi-retired precisely during the incorporation of the USADA programme in the UFC. While that fact obviously proves nothing, it does represent another piece of the puzzle.

Much like for example Hendricks, Pettis or JDS, Georges too has undergone clear physical changes after submitting to USADA testing.

Granted, he had to gain weight for the Bisping fight, hence distorting any definite conclusions to be drawn in that regard, but I still maintain that there were subtle hints of his body having experienced certain changes since before he stepped away from the sport.

This has been discussed endlessly.

1) Hendricks' reason for refusing GSP's initial offer is entirely baseless bullshit.

2) GSP's team wanted to know what was being tested in the new method as they wanted to make sure it wasn't things their opponent (whom they strongly suspected of PED use, and who declined precipitously after USADA was introduced btw) might use.

3) GSP underwent stricter testing, and Hendricks DID NOT. Pretty much says it all.

It's funny to watch folks grasp at straws to discredit GSP.

Usually due to him having beat their favorite fighter.

Guy is the one true GOAT.

Agreed.

I dunno honestly. Hendricks was always a fatty tbh. Dolce complained about how fat Hendricks got between his camps long before USADA came around.

I feel like his issue is more discipline, food, and diet based as opposed to PED's. Personally.

To me, guys who are juicing..aren't the rampages, bj penn's who get really fat between camps.

And Hendricks was the one who suggested WADA or USADA in the first place. Not GSP. If he were really on the juice, seems a little odd that he'd be suggesting doing the most strict testing. And more specifically requesting random testing.

and yes I'm aware vada supposedly uses wada accredited labs. @dimspace went into detail on their lack of credibility though, compared to a legitimate wada accredited lab who posts all their data or USADA..they're a joke.
Johny is 1-5 since the introduction of usada. His record before it was 17-3 I believe.

That is some fuckin coincidence that he declined to that extent directly after usada come on Board. Not to mention he suddenly looked smaller and fatter and started not being able to make weight, even struggling to make the next weight class up of 185. He was pretty muscular and shredded earlier in his ufc career. Yes he was no bean pole but he wasn’t really fat imo

He also tapped to strikes against matt serra and quit the sport after johnny beat the shit out of
him
That "quitter" only came back and won the mw belt. Bwhahaaa fuck these noobs

him
So one loss erases his 13-1 post-Serra record and his 13-0 streak afterwards? Yup. Guess you're right.

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

This article clears up a lot of misconceptions, including the ones I had.

Hendricks typically gets most of the blame for not agreeing to enhanced testing but what is often overlooked is GSP's unwillingness to cooperate. GSP first presented the idea of doing enhanced testing through VADA to which Hendricks initially agreed and then reneged citing the likeness of GSP on VADA's website as evidence of VADA being impartial. Instead, Hendricks' team put forth the idea of NSAC enhanced testing through the WADA/USADA accredited lab in Salt Lake City (SMRTL - Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory). Which is NOT the same as USADA level testing, but merely the use of the same labs.

NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL would use WADA's banned substance list as well as introduce an element of randomized element to sample collecting.

Here's where things get interesting; GSP's asked a litany of specific questions that Keith Kizer refused to answer with too much detail because doing so would undermine the legitimacy of the drug testing program. Furthermore, in the process of coming to an agreement GSP's management said they would be unreachable for 10 days and this was taken as a tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing program. I can only assume that the tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing was because GSP didn't get the answers he wanted. Not a brash assumption.

Among those questions were (and these are direct quotes from the emails)

My Thoughts/Questions:

1) Why did GSP's team want to know exactly what the samples would be tested for? Especially when he already knew that they would be following WADA's list. Even

2) Why did GSP's team specifically ask about "19-norandrosterone, la testosterone, la DHEA etc." for the specific laboratory method "IRMS"? BTW, 19-norandrosterone is a metabolite of "Deca".

3) It's pretty unprofessional to be out of reach for 10 days when trying to strike an important deal. I would assume this is a tacit refusal to participate in NSAC enhanced testing. Keith Kizer had the same interpretation.

Cliffs:
- Hendricks initially agreed to VADA and then refused VADA citing GSP's likeness on their website as evidence of impartiality
- GSP tacitly refused NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL by being out of pocket for 10 days. GSP's refusal was due to the fact that Keith Kizer would not divulge specific details of the tests because doing so would practically render the testing useless.
- GSP did VADA anyway to save face
If you go buy a new car, do you not ask questions or do some research of what your getting?
GSP was paying like 20 g''s for that testing. The testing the nsac was proposing was new and something they don't really do so I don't get why questions how the program works is normal.
Also, in what world does telling someone in advance that they will be away for 10 days means they are not interested. This happens all the time in business. The fight was months away so why was 10 days an issue? Did he (gsp) not say they agreed to do it and send them the bill?
Your just ignorant or a hater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back