The Dungeons and Dragons Megathread v2

The above illustration is part of the '36 Chamber" encounter path involving the Wu Tang goblin clan. The goblins have taken over an abandoned dwarven hold that fell to disuse long ago. This is but one of the structures that make up the complex. The other spaces include a series of cantilevered open air pavilions and the hold proper. All of the structure exhibit the preferred architectural style of the dwarves of the area, which is analogous to Brutalist Architecture.

The complex holds one additional secret that was unused by the dwarves. There are a series of large natural caves located under the dwarven complex. These chambers older than the dwarven structure by a millennia or more and house the burial chambers of a Goliath warrior king who once ruled the lands. These caverns are now occupied by the goblins. However, they do give the burial chamber wide berth.

Last edited:
The above illustration is part of the '36 Chamber" encounter path involving the Wu Tang goblin clan. The goblins have taken over an abandoned dwarven hold that fell to disuse long ago. This is but one of the structures that make up the complex. The other spaces include a series of cantilevered open air pavilions and the hold proper. All of the structure exhibit the preferred architectural style of the dwarves of the area, which is analogous to Brutalist Architecture.

The complex holds one additional secret that was unused by the dwarves. There are a series of large natural caves located under the dwarven complex. These chambers older than the dwarven structure by a millennia or more and house the burial chambers of a Goliath warrior king who once ruled the lands. These caverns are now occupied by the goblins. However, they do give the burial chamber wide berth.

I like your method, man.

Which party member will be the first to fall off the stairs or bridge? 😁

Which party member will be the first to fall off the stairs or bridge? 😁
The platform marks the area where they will encounter the Rzard. I had him prepare ice storm. I think the dexterity save is a fun way to go. I'll find some way to break it down to multiple saves.

But, yes, that's the set up to a 200' fall to the death.

The platform marks the area where they will encounter the Rzard. I had him prepare ice storm. I think the dexterity save is a fun way to go. I'll find some way to break it down to multiple saves.

But, yes, that's the set up to a 200' fall to the death.

Hopefully the goblins have a chessboard set up in a boxing ring....why?...it's a mystery

Spending today converting a 35 year old second edition character to fifth for a one off adventure next saturday. Gonna be tough cuz there is so much homebrew involved, he will be going with his old partner, a 40 year old first edition character. I anticipate some growing pains.

Did you age them? That'd be a badass story of two OGs coming out of retirement?

Spending today converting a 35 year old second edition character to fifth for a one off adventure next saturday. Gonna be tough cuz there is so much homebrew involved, he will be going with his old partner, a 40 year old first edition character. I anticipate some growing pains.
Details of characters??

Details of characters??
There was so much homebrew plus things from Palladium it would take ages for me to give a good description, especially now after I got back from an axe throwing/drinking outing. One is a cleric my uncle started playing back in the 70's. He's Tiamats high priest who if he killed a dragon could perform a ritual that would give him the dragons abilities, spells/breath weapon/immunities plus he could summon the dragons spirit or transform into it. He also gave up his ability to cast healing spells to be able to cast mage fire spells that automatically did max damage. It was a good payoff for giving Tiamat 90% of what he earned while adventuring. He was 17th level when the DM of that campaign had to quit for personal reasons. The other one was my character who was a 16th level cavalier in the service of Tiamat. He had what I have come to find out was one of the more powerful swords from palladium called the eternity sword, had to kill a fucking great old one for it. He also has a artifact suit of armor called the black prison. He has been trapped in it for years and it's slowly driven him insane. He was the most fun I ever had roleplaying. Asnyway I got it worked out, they are imbalanced and more powerful than the rest of the group but thats fine they are kind of meant to be.

In the early 90's those two went into the Iron City beat the shit oput of Dispater and stole his rod. I'm using this as the reason that Tiamat is imprisoned now and Zariel rules the first layer of Hell since I am also running Avernus for most of the people that will be there for the one off. Since Dispater and Asmodeus are such buddies they got the other lords of hell together who were also sick of Tiamats shit. Fucking women and dragons ya know. the rod got stolen from tiamts horde and is now being held by a blue dracolich... mostly becasue I have a really cool mini of one. Best thing is when they beat the dracolich they are going to go find its horde and the rod but there will be a huge fight betweixt some pit fiends and a balor with a few nycadeamon mercs. The cavalier being the cavalier is gonns charge and get into it but no matter who wins orcus is gonna show up (once again because I have a nice mini I got all painted up) and take the rod. It will leave things open for another one off if we have scheduling issues and can do one of the campaigns we have going

Did you age them? That'd be a badass story of two OGs coming out of retirement?
And no I don't need to, if i age the cleric up more he would be dust, he already has to roll every morning to see if his hemerhoids flare up and he is at half movement for the day

Back