The Drugged Out Insanity Of Jake The Snake Roberts

Id like to take him out for a few beers just to see what happens

<{jackyeah}><GinJuice>
Good ole Duthy did always know how to have a good time

a.gif

thought him and scot did yoga and were sober now... or are these old tales? I should probably listen then post.

who is the wrestler they are interviewing ?? the guy telling the stories

who is the wrestler they are interviewing ?? the guy telling the stories
Golden Boy Jerry Grey
He was an old time worker from the territory days before Vince McMahon took over everything
He has stage 4 cancer now so hes been coming on the podcast telling stories about his life and times in the business
He has some really great tales about the old days

I loved Jake the snake back in the day, that was my era the late 80's, early 90's when I loved WWF. And his pet snake Damien. I was devastated when Earthquake squashed Damien and killed him, he did his Earthquake splash and sat on Damien. I was so upset for hours afterwards.

Jake was a decent wrestler in the ring, but on the mic he was awesome, he has great timing on the mic and some of his promo's were great, I remember.

Would be nice to see Jake walk TJ Dillashaw to the ring, that would be epic and so fitting.

I think its stuff like this that gets people really hooked on pro wrestling. You fall for it as a kid and then when you grow up you care less about the wrestling performances/stories and more about the actual individuals behind it all.

PW attracts some of the craziest, wildest people humanity has to offer.Its a crazy world.
Shoot interviews from old school wrestlers are better than actual wrestling

Heard a surprising factoid: Jake the Snake never got that strap. I could sworn he at least made Intercontinental champ, but apparently not. And now we know why.
Rumor has it Hogan wouldn't work an angle with him, because the crowd popped more for Jake. So, in other words, just another great wrestler who reached his ceiling in the business once the phrase "that doesn't work for me, brother" was uttered.

Also, TBF, this was in an era when belts didn't change hands very often. You didn't have have a belt to be over. Being an IC champ 30 years ago is the rough equivalent to being a 3x world champ today.

He can pull off the mullet but no man can pull off that tied shirt. Not even Jake the Snake.

I’d like to you see you say that to his face. You’ll end up like Ricky the Dragon Steamboat.

Speaking of the past, I haven't seen your avatar around these parts in years.

Heard a surprising factoid: Jake the Snake never got that strap. I could sworn he at least made Intercontinental champ, but apparently not. And now we know why.

It did not help that Jake feuded with this guy.

My favorite feuds of his were with Rude and Rick "The Model" Martel.

Old wrestlers are crazy. I have some stories about Ricky Morton that would flat out defy belief. He was a wild little redneck. A good dude, just a wildman. Especially on that cocaina.

nope, still living to fiend an other day.

Hes actually been sober and doing well for quite a while now. His life was definitely one for hollywood....so much so that the movie the wrestler could have been a biopic considering they ripped off so many aspects of his own life.

They don't cut promos like they used to. Glad Jake is doing better.

I believe that this took place around the same time they filmed him for Beyond the Mat. He didn't have too many kind words for the producer and Terry Funk since they told him they were doing it as a TV special on the effects of alcohol and drug abuse.

his uh 'performance' at the LEgends of Wrestling card or whatnot was absolutely legendary

by legendary I mean 'the most drunk in public a person has ever been in world history"

if you actually read his bio, his family story is insane

Back