The Drugged Out Insanity Of Jake The Snake Roberts

Pliny Pete

Puts Butts In Seats
@plutonium
Reaction score
Posting this in Mayberry cause theres a lotta people in here that remember Jake The Snake but wouldnt see this in the rasslin sub forum

Recently the 6:05 Super Podcast(best podcast in the business) interviewed an old roommate of Jake The Snakes and he told some insane stories about the time they spent together
Video is over 30 minutes but its full of crazy stories about getting robbed for $2000 by street corner crack dealers and Jake flipping out on drugs and drinking a bottle of his own piss while Honky Tonk Man tried to stop him

The whole things worth listening to but the piss story is the highlight, it starts at 8:20

0092dfe5c27b0e5a1a55e9a53025e11418878ecc_hq.gif

Don't even give a fuck about wrestling (though I followed it a bit as a child), but I love these kind of stories.

Lol.

Sounds like a wild man.

Jake died a while back yea?

Lol.

Sounds like a wild man.

Jake died a while back yea?
Close but you're way off

Hes doing DDP Yoga and has been sober for a few years
Best hes been in decades actually

Gave a great speech when he was inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame a couple years back

I think its stuff like this that gets people really hooked on pro wrestling. You fall for it as a kid and then when you grow up you care less about the wrestling performances/stories and more about the actual individuals behind it all.

PW attracts some of the craziest, wildest people humanity has to offer.Its a crazy world.

Well that was kind of Honky to stop Jake from drinking his own piss.... now if only he could pull his guitar shots better.
maxresdefault.jpg

Really liked Jake the Snake as a kid.

Pretty sure he was one of the main guys in the Beyond the Mat documentary, made back when he was still having a really rough go of it. That was sad to see.

I'm glad that he's been able to get control of things. He and Scott Hall have always stuck out to me as being particularly tragic stories from the wrestling biz.

They're both doing better now and that's great.

Well that was kind of Honky to stop Jake from drinking his own piss.... now if only he could pull his guitar shots better.
maxresdefault.jpg
That wasnt Honkys fault
The people thst gimmicked the guitar to make it break easier didnt know there was a steel bar inside the guitar and left it there which is what injured Jake

Really liked Jake the Snake as a kid.

Pretty sure he was one of the main guys in the Beyond the Mat documentary, made back when he was still having a really rough go of it. That was sad to see.

I'm glad that he's been able to get control of things. He and Scott Hall have always stuck out to me as being particularly tragic stories from the wrestling biz.

They're both doing better now and that's great.
Well one of them is
Hall is still showing up drunk to events abd causing scenes
He tried to fight King Kong Bundy a couple months back

Well one of them is

Really?

I thought DDP was working with Hall just like he was working with Jake and both guys were doing a lot better now.

Well one of them is

I thought Hall was good

They brought him back for the Raw 25 show at least

maxresdefault.jpg

He can pull off the mullet but no man can pull off that tied shirt. Not even Jake the Snake.

Heard a surprising factoid: Jake the Snake never got that strap. I could sworn he at least made Intercontinental champ, but apparently not. And now we know why.

Will never forget that interview he did on beyond the mat, worth checking out. That was done in 99, he didn't get his shit together until a few years ago. Glad he's doing better.

Back