The Disappearance of Shelly Miscavige (a Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath thread)

ATF = Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Sounds like you want the FBI.

In any case, sorry bro, usually the less government intervention the better is my take on things.

ATF also deals with Cults, in general ATF deals with alot of dirty shit going around but they dont get much publicity

ATF also deals with Cults, in general ATF deals with alot of dirty shit going around but they dont get much publicity

I think we have to differentiate between cults and dangerous cults.

After all, we do still have religious freedom in this country.

I think we have to differentiate between cults and dangerous cults.

After all, we do still have religious freedom in this country.

Religions that live in secrecy can harm their followers without the outside world ever knowing. I thought Scientology was just another religion but it is more of a con game that turns it's followers into slaves, including children. Then there are the polygamists who force young women into marriages. I don't know if you've watched "Escaping Polygamy".

Religions that live in secrecy can harm their followers without the outside world ever knowing. I thought Scientology was just another religion but it is more of a con game that turns it's followers into slaves, including children. Then there are the polygamists who force young women into marriages. I don't know if you've watched "Escaping Polygamy".

Well if the outside world doesn't know, then there's just not a lot we can do about it. That's very unfortunate but the truth is that not every evil will be defeated in this world.

What do you propose instead? Vast government surveillance? A camera in every household?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonights program was about the life of L Ron Hubbard and how almost everything about it was a lie. From his education to his military service and even his family where he married his second wife while still married to his first wife then claims he never had that second wife and that his third wife was his second wife.
Just watched this episode, wow that was funny. Hilarious when they brought up his grades from George Washington University and he was failing or almost failing all his courses. I know we’ve heard differing stories of his past but wow did this episode really show him as a complete fraud.
Laughed when they try editing out that one guy from the video, and all you see in the background is the books magically moving, they edited out the guy but not the books

Just watched this episode, wow that was funny. Hilarious when they brought up his grades from George Washington University and he was failing or almost failing all his courses. I know we’ve heard differing stories of his past but wow did this episode really show him as a complete fraud.
Laughed when they try editing out that one guy from the video, and all you see in the background is the books magically moving, they edited out the guy but not the books

Nobody has accused them of being competent sleazeballs!

Been awhile since this thread was active. But hey @shadow_priest_x I just saw an article the other day that says a documentary was released last month looking into Shelly MIscavige. It's called Scientology's Vanished Queen. Haven't checked it out yet, gotta dig around and see if I can find it somewhere

Link to the article

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...h/news-story/f4bb689435bc13ce9805c1c78a9f75d1

The doc also explores the death of a member named Lisa McPherson, who was undergoing an intense 17 day auditing session for mental illness, and then she suffered a pulmonary embolism

And also stumbled across a fan theory where someone is suggesting that David Miscavige could be the basis for Ben Mendelsohn's character in Ready Player One. I know you saw that movie as well. Thought that was kinda funny

DZuAnzOX0AETLz9.jpg

https://boingboing.net/2018/04/10/is-the-villain-in-ready-player.html

Been awhile since this thread was active.

I actually noticed myself recently that it hasn't been bumped in a while.

I keep meaning to go back and finish season 2. Got to about episode 6 and then, for some reason, just kind of quit watching. I need to get back on it.

But hey @shadow_priest_x I just saw an article the other day that says a documentary was released last month looking into Shelly MIscavige. It's called Scientology's Vanished Queen. Haven't checked it out yet, gotta dig around and see if I can find it somewhere

Link to the article

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...h/news-story/f4bb689435bc13ce9805c1c78a9f75d1

The doc also explores the death of a member named Lisa McPherson, who was undergoing an intense 17 day auditing session for mental illness, and then she suffered a pulmonary embolism

Thanks for the heads up on this.

I did a bit of digging and it looks like it's not a feature-length documentary, which is kind of disappointing. It's actually an episode of the Investigation Discovery show Vanity Fair Confidential. It's 42 minutes long.

If you have a cable/satellite subscription with ID then you should be able to sign in on their website and watch it. I'm probably going to check it out tonight.

And also stumbled across a fan theory where someone is suggesting that David Miscavige could be the basis for Ben Mendelsohn's character in Ready Player One. I know you saw that movie as well. Thought that was kinda funny

DZuAnzOX0AETLz9.jpg

https://boingboing.net/2018/04/10/is-the-villain-in-ready-player.html

LOL. Well that's interesting.

They do look amazingly similar in those photos.

I actually noticed myself recently that it hasn't been bumped in a while.

I keep meaning to go back and finish season 2. Got to about episode 6 and then, for some reason, just kind of quit watching. I need to get back on it.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

I did a bit of digging and it looks like it's not a feature-length documentary, which is kind of disappointing. It's actually an episode of the Investigation Discovery show Vanity Fair Confidential. It's 42 minutes long.

If you have a cable/satellite subscription with ID then you should be able to sign in on their website and watch it. I'm probably going to check it out tonight.

LOL. Well that's interesting.

They do look amazingly similar in those photos.
Did you watch it yet? I haven't but I definitely want to check it out.

Here's a segment from it

Did you watch it yet? I haven't but I definitely want to check it out.

Here's a segment from it

I did indeed watch it, as a matter of fact.

Unfortunately, the Shelly story only takes up about half of the episode (or maybe a little more) and it doesn't provide any new information. It's mostly just a regurgitation of the info that's here in the OP. So if you already are familiar with the story, it will add little new to your understanding of Shelly's disappearance. I was hoping for a development in the case but there wasn't anything.

The Lisa McPherson stuff was new to me though, so if you're not familiar with that story, then it might be worth watching for that alone.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you have a cable or satellite subscription that includes the ID channel, then you can watch the whole episode here:

https://www.investigationdiscovery....ial/full-episodes/scientologys-vanished-queen

We might need to tag a few people in case they're interested. Looks like this is the last list I used: @Mike @MusterX @Jackie Blue @weich @JosephDredd @chickenluver @LiLoMMA @MoparOrNoCar @Strychnine @Significance Deficit @Revolver @leto1776 @ralphc1 @JaegerIT

Shelly i think by this point has been brainwashed into an automaton, not to mention that limp dick manlet looking motherfucker of David Miscavige stashed her with the most religious fanatical arm of Scientology, even more by the way than the Sea Org that is paramilitary; its the Church of Spiritual Technology, the CST, these are the guys who are in the vaults, yes vaults that the church has stashed all over the place to protect all of Hubbards work in the event of catastrophe

I did indeed watch it, as a matter of fact.

Unfortunately, the Shelly story only takes up about half of the episode (or maybe a little more) and it doesn't provide any new information. It's mostly just a regurgitation of the info that's here in the OP. So if you already are familiar with the story, it will add little new to your understanding of Shelly's disappearance. I was hoping for a development in the case but there wasn't anything.

The Lisa McPherson stuff was new to me though, so if you're not familiar with that story, then it might be worth watching for that alone.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you have a cable or satellite subscription that includes the ID channel, then you can watch the whole episode here:

https://www.investigationdiscovery....ial/full-episodes/scientologys-vanished-queen

We might need to tag a few people in case they're interested. Looks like this is the last list I used: @Mike @MusterX @Jackie Blue @weich @JosephDredd @chickenluver @LiLoMMA @MoparOrNoCar @Strychnine @Significance Deficit @Revolver @leto1776 @ralphc1 @JaegerIT

I thought I'd give you an update on the non- Scientology auditing: the guy didn't sure up for the appointment and I never heard from him again.

I am not sure if I will try with another further scientologist.

I thought I'd give you an update on the non- Scientology auditing: the guy didn't sure up for the appointment and I never heard from him again.

I am not sure if I will try with another further scientologist.

Indeed. What a dickface. A curse upon his house!

Considering how evangelistic those guys are hardwired to be I'm surprised he just skipped out on you like that.

Indeed. What a dickface. A curse upon his house!

Considering how evangelistic those guys are hardwired to be I'm surprised he just skipped out on you like that.

He sounded weirded out that I wasn't interested in Scientology, just the auditing process. I guess he didn't want the money badly enough.

I think she's either somewhere comatose or worse...

Next season is coming soon. Nice vid of Leah talking about it in that link. And at some point it sounds like she's going to tackle the Jehovah's Witnesses

https://deadline.com/video/leah-rem...emini-mike-rinder-the-contenders-emmys-video/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/r...a-e-project-tackle-jehovahs-witnesses-1114006

And if no one ever knew, Travolta has a "dark and reckless side"

John loves aviation more than Hollywood but because of Kelly he’d never leave Scientology,” Augustine told The Daily Beast. “He loves his family. He’s just got a dark side and he’s reckless. But he really has no reason to want to leave the church.

“People at his level never see the ugly side of the church. Plus he’s got OSA (Scientology’s Office of Special Affairs) as his own private Mafia if he gets into trouble.”

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...m/news-story/ae7945be7f74a3ac9d17d1bfae1ea9cb

Back