The Disappearance of Shelly Miscavige (a Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath thread)

Anyone watch the latest program? Two women who were sexually abused as children in Scientology. They reported it and were basically told to keep it to themselves and figure out what they did to cause it. They were forced to sign documents releasing Scientology of any wrongdoing in order to leave.

Escaping Polygamy had similar reports from Warren Jeff's child wives.

WTF? Season 2 has already started?

Shit, I didn't even realize. . . That's such a quick turnaround.

Anyone watch the latest program? Two women who were sexually abused as children in Scientology. They reported it and were basically told to keep it to themselves and figure out what they did to cause it. They were forced to sign documents releasing Scientology of any wrongdoing in order to leave.

Escaping Polygamy had similar reports from Warren Jeff's child wives.

If true and those women could prove it, those documents won't mean shit.

Cruise is simply a pathetic case.

The bad one is John Travolta. Dude is clearly gay, and yet they held it over him so he would not leave the church. That's mob shit. That case is also pathetic as well, considering he would not lose job 1 if he came out.

I only want John Travolta to leave so he'll up and admit what a retarded piece of shit Battlefield Earth was.

It's the Word of God inspired by the Holy Ghost within men who wrote and translated it. But you're not Born Again and have never tasted the power of God so I don't expect you to quite get it.

Christ was a man (born of God) who rose from the dead. He is now seated on the right hand of God.

I do have divine purpose but it's not to control mankind they way cults attempt to.

You're willfully ignorant as far as I can tell regarding our back and forth ITT.

What you call willfully ignorant, the majority view as sanity. As far as I can tell, you are in serious need of professional mental analysis.

If true and those women could prove it, those documents won't mean shit.

Apparently they remove the children from their parents at an early age and use them for slave labor.

WTF? Season 2 has already started?

Shit, I didn't even realize. . . That's such a quick turnaround.

It's on Tuesday night at 9 eastern 8 central. Last weeks show will be on before the new one next week. It isn't available on On Demand yet but it is on the A&E website.

It's on Tuesday night at 9 eastern 8 central. Last weeks show will be on before the new one next week. It isn't available on On Demand yet but it is on the A&E website.

Cool, well thanks for the heads up.

I'll have to track down the premiere and then get this show back into my regular rotation.

Seems to be very little "religion" in this "religion".

Seems to be very little "religion" in this "religion".

Yeah, even discounting its origins and the insanity of Miscavige, just in terms of its structure and beliefs it's not like any religion I've ever known.

Another disturbing episode tonight. This time about suicides in Scientology.

Another disturbing episode tonight. This time about suicides in Scientology.
Crazy, I finally got caught up. These first 2 episodes are pretty disturbing.

In the first, when that girl describes how when she was a child, her dad would lay in between her legs. And at the time, she didn't know what that liquid was that he left behind on her leg, goddammit. And then how when it comes time for him to be promoted in the church, they get him to just chat with her about it and tries to get her to forgive him

The suicide episode was powerful too. That one girl who kept crying out for help on Facebook just to get constantly attacked, even disowned by her own mother because of the church policies

Leah and Mike Rinder aren't pulling any punches this season

Another powerful episode tonight about a family and how fucked up they were by scientology. The father died and the children had been sent of to separate schools. One attempted suicide and one completed suicide by breaking a window and jumping out on the 14th floor of a building at MIT.

Another powerful episode tonight about a family and how fucked up they were by scientology. The father died and the children had been sent of to separate schools. One attempted suicide and one completed suicide by breaking a window and jumping out on the 14th floor of a building at MIT.

I'm about halfway through the second ep. I'll chime in once I'm caught up.

I don't understand how so many are fooled by religion, imo scientology isn't that much different from any of the others

I don't understand how so many are fooled by religion, imo scientology isn't that much different from any of the others

Well I'd say the big difference between Scientology and, say, Methodism is that the Methodist church does a lot of good in the world while Scientology seems to do almost nothing but the opposite.

Just watched it last night. That kid was only 19 I think when he committed suicide. He had such a bright future too, got into MIT, so strong in Math. Crazy how he had all these equations on the board of the room he jumped out of, calculating the distance, his weight and velocity at which he would hit the ground. Also, committed suicide on LRH's birthday, a big "fuck you" to Scientology.

I think I found it. People are saying it's a cash grab. Just trying to resell edited content that already exists.

That's been their M.O. for years, since even before LRH died. They rehash old shit, force it onto the Sea Org members to sell, who then have to force it onto the regular church members. It's how they keep the scam going.

Back