The difference between Rumble and Gustafsson

Gus will never fight someone named Anthony again

There is a huge difference in the way Rumble and Gustafsson handled both their losses to DC.

Rumble, after losing, earned his rematch fast by murdering Manuwa, Bader and Texeira in quick succession (all were top 5). Cormier granted him his rematch as he deserved one.

Gustafsson: takes a year off. Has a boring fight with an unranked guy. Takes a year off. Has a dominant fight against Texeira. Takes a year off. Yes Gus is by far the most likely to beat Cormier but you can't just sit around doing nothing and expect a title shot.

Now he won't fight Anthony Smith, someone he would likely starch in the first round.

Waste of talent. I dislike him more every day.
They should give him a guaranteed title shot if he comes back and faces Rumble at HW. Wait till his "minor injury" is heeled. Hell wait till DC retires and give him an shot against Rumble for the real belt. Gus wants fights against fighters who can't put him in danger at this point. Glover would have been a decent threat four years ago but he's clearly not the same fighter he was.

Rumble put the fear of god into him

He was actually a very active fighter before that fateful night of January 24, 2015....

Yeah, that headbutt was fucking nasty, shame we never got to see them fight again.

I think the dude you quoted is Gus or a friend/family member.

Or a stalker.

The biggest difference

gus%2B2.gif
I went to that event, the whole arena of 30k people just went dead silent, and most people just left seconds after.

Legendary anticlimax

<LikeReally5>

Are we really going to just pretend that Gus wasn't scheduled to fight #2 Volkan next week? He's not fighting NOW and hasn't fought in a year because VOLKAN pulled out. THEN he called to fight DC if he couldn't fight the other best contender in the division for the foreseeable future while DC had said he wanted to defend at LHW.

Christ some of you guys are desperate. I'm sure he could've beat Volkan next week and you'd still be saying he needs to fight someone before a title shot.

Rumble is a loser since he got scared like a little boy and retired.

Yeah, that headbutt was fucking nasty, shame we never got to see them fight again.
GlisteningThatIndianglassfish.gif

literally the very definition of incidental contact, on the way out (not in) after delivering a brutal shot.

Well, they are both awesome...... When they actually fight

Gus vs Jones, Gus vs DC..... both fights were amazing and could go either way..

Very sad and wierd that he only wants to fight these 2.. isnt it?

Cormier granted him his rematch as he deserved one.

Thats one of the problems of todays UFC. Entitled divas who think they decide whom to fight when and were. UFC should name the one you have to defend against end of story and if you cant do that in a certain time frame you get striped of your title. But as bad as Fertittas were regarding sports aspect now its even worse.

Cormier cant "grant" a rematch as its not his place to decide that.

Gus could have and should have tore up the division, but he's been waiting, calling for titles after every fight. I love the fighter, but he has seriously log jammed the division with his inactivity and refusing to fight his teammates.

Back