The Definitive Cauliflower Ear Thread (please sticky)

i used an insulin needle... it was too thin to drain properly i then got my GP to do it... not sure what size he used.

wltwuh.gif

Man, that left ear.

i have some on my right ear, and i drained it so many times i gave up and let it finally get hard.

My ears have been ok, but I was wondering is there like cream or something I could buy that could help prevent my ears from cauliflower?

i tired to drain my ear once with a doctor at my university and he said my ear wasnt flowered enough to be drained and if he tried to drain it it might get infected, he said my body should drain most of the fluid itself, and it did.

not i still ended up with a small amount of cauliflower but not as bad as i expected

i used an insulin needle... it was too thin to drain properly i then got my GP to do it... not sure what size he used.

Use a 20 gauge to start off with if that dosen't work use a 18 gauge go in a a diagoanl angle

You can pick them up online or at a feed store

i wouldn't mind cauliflower. to most fighters its a badge of respect.

i wouldn't mind cauliflower. to most fighters its a badge of respect.

While that is true, it is one of the ugliest and most annoying badges of respect out there. Black belt of wrestling my ass - it's ugly, uncomfortable and unnecessary.

You say you "wouldn't mind cauliflower" and that makes it sound you've never had it. I think you might chance your mind if your did. Anyway - if you want it, go get it. It's not that hard.

i rellay wouldlike an answer, what happens if i dont drain it but wear head gear cause its all almost hardend

i rellay wouldlike an answer, what happens if i dont drain it but wear head gear cause its all almost hardend

it hardens all the way and will stay relatively the same size until you reinjure your ear, if that occurs. unless of course your head gear moves around, as it probably will, and aggravates the cauli, making it worse.

My number one tip, which has saved me enormous amounts of trouble with cauli:

Don't grind your ears.

It's just that simple. Do not grind your ears. Don't rip your head out of chokes, don't let your opponent crush your ears. Insist on using technique, not force, to escape chokes. If you feel your ears being crushed, then unless you're about to win the gold medal, just tap. Zero ego, and you are back on the mat, rolling right away. Instead of sitting in the &*#@)(& ER, being lanced and stitched, then wearing headgear for two months.

Accidents still happen, but most cauli comes from people senselessly grinding their ears, so determined to fight through things.

I agree, but im too damn stubborn lol

Is it ever possible for a cauliflower ear to go away if the swelling isn't really bad?

I've got a bit on the inside of one ear from a week ago at bjj but it's not massive.

Great thread man, was needed!

OK guys I have an alternative to the syringe method which I have used in the past and can happily confirm it does indeed work ( I was extremely doubtful at first to say the least )

The Original Cauliflower Ear Treatment :: Fast, Effective, Painless, Natural

After using this the swelling will go down and it even can help to soften up allready deformed ears.

I also purchased a Brute eargaurd from Budovideo.com to prevent further damage and it has been great!

Great thread man, was needed!

OK guys I have an alternative to the syringe method which I have used in the past and can happily confirm it does indeed work ( I was extremely doubtful at first to say the least )

The Original Cauliflower Ear Treatment :: Fast, Effective, Painless, Natural

After using this the swelling will go down and it even can help to soften up allready deformed ears.

I also purchased a Brute eargaurd from Budovideo.com to prevent further damage and it has been great!

i call bullshit, its a fucking homeopathy based cure, its complete quackery

i have cauli in my left ear hard as a rock....but its getting sore again...could i get cauli on an already cauliflowered ear?

yes the skin can seperate again and fill with fluid again.

I have a question and would appreciate a lot if anybody could help.

I got cauliflower ear like a week ago and started draining it. then after a week of not rolling I went back and it became bigger and when I drained it the blood became thicker. I really want to continue rolling and not baby the ear for 4-6 weeks until the cartilage grows back together, so what should I do?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cauliflower ear....how i loathe thee.
my right ear looks like the michelin man.
its kind of fun to play with tho if its not flaring up.

Back