The death of the UFC

There's a Sherdog post like this monthly!

Brc2J_kIMAEoPnR.jpg

UFC dead, death or dying threads have really been done to death now!! o_O

Its not about Floyd and Conor, as no matter what event you put on, you can only house whichever fighters are currently around. No one is doing it better than the UFC, and even another promotion would still be using these same fighters, as they are the top of the food chain, being fed into the UFC by the best gyms.

However, if weidman keeps losing, if Rockhold doesn't bounce back and how so many fights could potentially play out, things could get very stale.

Bisping facing George, could look bad for either one unless its an all out war or one wins in spectacular fashion. Yoel, and Jacare do not have the bigger american following yet. Vitor or Andersen towards end of the career. Mighty Mouse, Cowboy, Cruz, and the regular crowd are all floating.

Things could get stangnant for a bit. Overeem, Hunt, all these known guys of the old guard in a sense will be out the next few years.

Highly possible, both want to promote mma. If they want 51% ownership, they need to scrape together about a billion dollars of their own money, and a billion dollar investment money, if they are to have realistic change at vanquishing the UFC. If they were smart they would figure out a way to go 1-1 and then have a trilogy fight.
i know a way to make it 1-1 and set up a trilogy. 1 boxing match, 1 mma match...it'll be 1-1

The "UFC is dying" threads have been done to death - completely true - but one day that statement will likely be true, too. I don't think outside competition is the big issue for the UFC right now. I think the bigger threat is WME making a whole bunch of penny-pinching changes to the company and downsizing their operation, only for them to bail in 10-15 years when they realise they're not making that money back.

Maybe it'll be sold on from there and pick right back up. Maybe it'll fizzle out. Maybe WME will be just fine. I think the next 15 years will be pretty interesting.

What's the chance of Mayweather and Conor teaming up after the super fight and co promoting a new mma organization? If so, could they put the UFC out of business?

According to Floyd, MMA is racist because there's a lot of dominant white people. I doubt he wants anything to do with MMA.

I wonder when they are going to finally spin off and sell Pride or has that changed?

e869dea32b5c8fc299a70d463c655c91_mother-of-god-meme-wallpaper-memes-mother-of-god_728-410.jpeg

This look like a DOS forum!

That was the original EZboard Sherdog. They switched to vBulletin in 2001 and all EZboard accounts got purged, which is why you won't see people with accounts older than 2001.

Oh and let's not forget how the Sherdog logo used to be the stuff of nightmares

hEGw1Wh.jpg

The real owners of the ufc is worth $26 billion maybe more.

Add on to the fact fox,time Warner all want to own the ufc. UFC is set for at least another 50 years.

Floyd and Conor don't have enough money to beat the UFC. Floyd isn't gonna flush away his own money on an MMA promotion, especially considering most MMA promotions hemorrhage money and then die, even promotions that are still around hemorrhage money like Bellator and WSOF.

What's the chance of Mayweather and Conor teaming up after the super fight and co promoting a new mma organization? If so, could they put the UFC out of business?
iswvc.jpg

Back