Media The Day Takada Coned Berbick... (B4 Coning Mayweather this week) #25

gono btw

Rounds...
Banned
Reaction score
This series 'The Day...' is about 'extraordinary' moments in NHB/Vale Tudo history.

Today: [Japanese Scene]

Was @ UWFi [December 22, 1991].

Cant Trust´em...

b wtfff.gif

They offered him some $75,000 for this 'fight'...

Poor Berbick never had luck with kicks, since the Holmes days...

Last edited:
Wow. Had never seen this before.

I assume this was a real contest and not a work?

If that's what Takada (a pretty poor fighter) can do with kicks against a world class boxer, imagine what Tenshin could do to Floyds chicken legs.

Wow. Had never seen this before.

I assume this was a real contest and not a work?

If that's what Takada (a pretty poor fighter) can do with kicks against a world class boxer, imagine what Tenshin could do to Floyds chicken legs.
IIRC Was supposed to be either a work or a kickboxing fight (American rules),
they coned poor Berbick...

Last edited:
Wait ... so he didnt new anything?! Disgusting piece of shit.

My situation is not the same and I can imagine how he must have felt: It told him "No leg kicks!", because i play soccer and i already had some problems with my legs, only 1 month of boxing and mabye 1 week MT experience and this motherfucker kicked me two times (extremely hard) and I have never been so mad, but I didnt want to hurt him, because his Dad was there (During the summer holidays he invited me to his house in thailand.) and he is a cool guy. A few weeks later and he did the same shit ... this time it didnt hurt that much, maybe it was also because of the adrenaline, because I wanted to beat him up and so it didnt hurt that much.. it felt like my blood was boiling and i beat the shit out of him.

I hate people like that. Like they want to prove something. "HEY!!! Lets have a kickboxing match ... JK ITS GRAPPLING!!!" Let them fight a younger guy like Lomachenko and he rapes them.

UFC did the same thing to Ray Mercer ... look at his reaction (face).

@gono btw lol .. I always make this mistake :D
084875e1621bb4242bc97a3a3e3998bc.gif

Lol all he had to do is land one punch and Takada would off been butt scotting all over the ring he must of just been rattled by the kicks to much

UFC did the same thing to Ray Mercer ... look at his reaction (face).

Wasn’t UFC, but while the fight itself was officially mma, apparently Sylvia did agree to no kicks.... then immediately throws a kick, ha. Karma n that.

Takada screwed Berbick.
Low kick wasn't allowed but he broke the promise.

Berbick's corner should have beat the fuck out of Takada if he was breaking the rules.

It happened in a pro wrestling promotion where all the fights were worked but were styled to look like real contests. So you had one side going in fully prepared for a shoot fight and the other side completely lied to about the rules while also thinking it's gonna be a play fight. Can't blame him for saying fuck this and leaving the ring but I would've liked to see him try and lay the fucker out before quitting.

After the second or third leg kick while trying to talk to them, he should’ve known it was either fight or flight. The rest were unnecessary, at least get your licks in.

Berbick's corner should have beat the fuck out of Takada if he was breaking the rules.
Berbick even fought in France the very same year, I think he was broke and badly needed the money...

It happened in a pro wrestling promotion where all the fights were worked but were styled to look like real contests. So you had one side going in fully prepared for a shoot fight and the other side completely lied to about the rules while also thinking it's gonna be a play fight. Can't blame him for saying fuck this and leaving the ring but I would've liked to see him try and lay the fucker out before quitting.

Wait so they would regularly shoot? The fights at UWFi were semi-real?

A much under-appreciated peace of fight history.

Back