Media The Day Sagidgusenov shook hands & then gave Ilyukhin "a hand"... #15

gono btw

Rounds...
Banned
Reaction score
This series 'The Day...' is about 'extraordinary' moments in NHB/Vale Tudo history.

Today: [Russian NHB Scene]

Was @ IAFC ABSOLUTE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP 1
[NOV 25, 1995 - MOSCOW]

One of the greatest tournaments ever, 32 men involved...
Diverse skill sets represented:

Ricardo Morais, Ilyukhin, Igor, Tarasov, Adilson Lima, Telligman...

http://www.sherdog.com/events/IAFC-Absolute-Fighting-Championship-1-401

Context:
In his 3rd fight, Ilyukhin battled Igor during 6mn30...
Then, in his 4th fight, he met Sagidgusenov, teammate...

@ 4mn40:

Ah C´m´on, Akhmed... Couldnt you have done a lil 'better'?

hmm.png

Morais (who won his 1st 4 fights within 2 mns) would end up winning the tournament in the next final fight against Ilyukhin...

Last edited:
Was @ IAFC ABSOLUTE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP 1
[NOV 25, 1995 - MOSCOW]

One of the greatest tournaments ever, 32 men involved...
Diverse skill sets represented:

Ricardo Morais, Ilyukhin, Igor, Tarasov, Adilson Lima, Telligman...

http://www.sherdog.com/events/IAFC-Absolute-Fighting-Championship-1-401

Context:
In his 3rd fight, Ilyukhin battled Igor during 6mn30...
Then, In his 4th fight, he met Sagidgusenov, former teammate...

@ 4mn40:

View attachment 469975

Morais (who won his 1st 4 fights within 2 mns) would end up winning the tournament in the next final fight against Ilyukhin...

That was a brutal GP.
Both him and Moraes came too late to Pride...when were able only to be a cannon meat.

Today Ilyukhin is retired pretty much, doing some seminars when the money is right. Still in nice shape.
Funny thing is - he was a head of Sambo association in his hometown, Tula. Apparently it didn't work so well and he left the position, being replaced by...Volk Han!

That was a brutal GP.
Both him and Moraes came too late to Pride...when were able only to be a cannon meat.

Today Ilyukhin is retired pretty much, doing some seminars when the money is right. Still in nice shape.
Funny thing is - he was a head of Sambo association in his hometown, Tula. Apparently it didn't work so well and he left the position, being replaced by...Volk Han!
I´ve always hoped they would give the proper recognition to him, Volk & Kopylov...

I´ve always hoped they would give the proper recognition to him, Volk & Kopylov...

Kopylov never got the recognition and respect in Russia , MMA or Sambo, as other legends.
Even when M-1 let him fight a bit post- retirement, they never made any fuss about a decorated veteran in their roster.

Now he's is in politics...part of administration of Kamchatka, Siberia (the most Eastern region of Russia).

Kopylov never got the recognition and respect in Russia , MMA or Sambo, as other legends.
Even when M-1 let him fight a bit post- retirement, they never made any fuss about a decorated veteran in their roster.

Now he's is in politics...part of administration of Kamchatka, Siberia (the most Eastern region of Russia).
Was already too old & broken by the time he signed with Rings...
The Japanese audience liked him though...

One of my favz...Hespect.

@gono btw , here is something cool for you to read. About Ataev.
As you know, he unfortunately lost to Vinny in PFL tourney...but he fought great! All the way!

https://md-gazeta.ru/sport/19324

I have no time to translate it, but I checked English Google translate and the translation is very decent!

@gono btw , here is something cool for you to read. About Ataev.
As you know, he unfortunately lost to Vinny in PFL tourney...but he fought great! All the way!

https://md-gazeta.ru/sport/19324

I have no time to translate it, but I checked English Google translate and the translation is very decent!
Yeah, I saw his last 2 fights...

RTT in da house...

Gonna read it,

chow2.gif

Has there ever been another 32 man tourney in the history of the sport?

Ilyukhin-Sagidgusenov makes Taktarov-Macias or Frye-Hall 2 look convincing by contrast.

Anyways, I'm Russian, but I've always considered Ilyukhin a dirty scumbag, which he proved twice in that tournament. First by putting his chin into Vovchanchyn's eye in round 3, a form of eye-gouging neither the inexperienced referee nor the commentators caught, as they all thought Igor tapped to a non-existent choke. Ilyukhin lied about it in the post-fight interview, too.

And then by blatantly fixing his round 4 match-up against his teammate.

I was happy when Rampage kicked his ass in PRIDE.

Ilyukhin's last fight against Poskaitis is a real piece of work, too.

At 8:05, Poskaitis hits Ilyukhin with a glancing punch off his back, which was against the RINGS-like rules for the contest, although this was in K-1. Well, Ilyukhin goes absolutely berserk, immediately firing off multiple punches to Poskaitis' face, shoving the referee aside when he tries to restore order, and then trying to head-stomp his opponent until numerous cornermen and K-1 staff jump into the ring to subdue him.

Later on, at 14:07, when Ilyukhin gets the leglock and the referee tells him to stop after the opponent tapped out, Ilyukhin naturally refuses to let go. The referee has to tackle him for him to release the hold.

Later on, at 14:07, when Ilyukhin gets the leglock and the referee tells him to stop after the opponent tapped out, Ilyukhin naturally refuses to let go. The referee has to tackle him for him to release the hold.

Did he ever train with Paulharis?

Back