Media The Day Coleman went full Roid Rage in Brazil... #17

gono btw

Rounds...
Banned
Reaction score
This series 'The Day...' is about 'extraordinary' moments in NHB/Vale Tudo history.

Today: [Brazilian Vale Tudo Scene]

Was @ Universal Vale Tudo Fighting 6 [3/3/1997], in Brazil.

Ebenezer Braga (MT & Luta Livre) vs Randleman.

Ebenezer vs Randle.png

@ 1mn23:
Coleman 'pancrasin´ Randle left & right...5-10-15-20 times!?

coleman pancrasin.gif

tito.jpg

@ 19mn25:
Coleman willin´to body/khabib the audience!? lmao... Dafuk?!

coleman bodybag.gif

wtf2.gif

Last edited:
A classic
Did this bout happened at the same night randleman fought Carlos Barreto?
Coleman was crazy on that night.

Great times

Remembered that time where Wanderley lost due to a cut caused by himself during a headbutt

Those times the sport was nasty...

Great times

Remembered that time where Wanderley lost due to a cut caused by himself during a headbutt

Those times the sport was nasty...
Headbutts...Headbutts, everywhere...Standing!

Headbutts...Headbutts, everywhere...Standing!

Even illegal ones, like in Mezger case.

Mezger...so underrated. Win over Tito and really had a chance against Wanderlei under non biased judges....

Even illegal ones, like in Mezger case.

Mezger...so underrated. Win over Tito and really had a chance against Wanderlei under non biased judges....
Mezger was always too patient, was his downfall, couldnt push the pace and grab the opportunities, be it in Pancrase or Pride...

SAKU G. considered him GOAT boring... (!?)

Mark understood he was outnumbered in enemy territory, a Brazilian MMA crowd is always on the verge of a full blown riot at any moment, being aggressive is the only defense mechanism he has got lol, this aint a UFC event with proper security

Guy Mezger had that Karate point fighting style, could always touch you but was rarely hard enough to get the KO

Mark understood he was outnumbered in enemy territory, a Brazilian MMA crowd is always on the verge of a full blown riot at any moment, being aggressive is the only defense mechanism he has got lol, this aint a UFC event with proper security
yeah, Brazilian crowds were legit hardcore back in the days, always ready 2 riot...

A classic
Did this bout happened at the same night randleman fought Carlos Barreto?
Coleman was crazy on that night.
@ 5mn:

Barreto pulled a triangle, the Ref. stopped the fight, Randle woke up and started contesting, then the Ref. shoved Coleman ! lmao...
Wants to die or what, dafuk?!

Then Carlson started screamin´ at Coleman...

Last edited:
Look at Kevin man, he truly was a monster

I remember back in the day thinking no one was ever going to beat him, even though he already had a few defeats I just couldn't see anyone getting up from him.
Makes Randy beating him all the more impressive to me

Look at Kevin man, he truly was a monster

I remember back in the day thinking no one was ever going to beat him, even though he already had a few defeats I just couldn't see anyone getting up from him.
Makes Randy beating him all the more impressive to me
I couldnt stand Hammer House, but I hespected him...

His main problem was his GNP posture... He would get the TD then stay mostly inactive, bury his head in his opponent´s belly, eating some 5 easy elbows...never passin´guard or really posturing,...

I couldnt stand Hammer House, but I hespected him...

His main problem was his GNP posture... He would get the TD then stay mostly inactive, bury his head in his opponent´s belly, eating some 5 easy elbows...never passin´guard or really posturing,...
Yep you nailed it there, easy TD then his head would be buried at chest level and just wing punches without really looking.

I wasn't a fan of those guys either, but they sure scared the shit out of me. Kevin Randleman still scares me!
hqdefault.jpg

Yep you nailed it there, easy TD then his head would be buried at chest level and just wing punches without really looking.

I wasn't a fan of those guys either, but they sure scared the shit out of me. Kevin Randleman still scares me!
hqdefault.jpg
They scared a whole BJJ generation, for sure...

Damn.......fighting was brutal and scary back then. 2 huge roided up dudes covered in sweat with not a lot of security or rules! Very different from the sport MMA we have today.

Damn.......fighting was brutal and scary back then. 2 huge roided up dudes covered in sweat with not a lot of security or rules! Very different from the sport MMA we have today.
Was Normal...

Talkin´ about riots...

How there wasn't a fatality per event baffles me to this day

hqdefault.jpg
If you actually compare generations properly, Randleman at his prime really was physically comparable to Romero with no weight cut. 240lbs, around 5'10, extremely explosive, small gas tank... unmatched explosive power!

If you actually compare generations properly, Randleman at his prime really was physically comparable to Romero with no weight cut. 240lbs, around 5'10, extremely explosive, small gas tank... unmatched explosive power!
BJ no.gif

hmm.png

Let´s settle for the 210-220 lbs range tho...

Ebenezer vs Randle.png

Randleman vs Pete W 3.png

Back