The Creator Of The Original X-COM Comes Phoenix Point *update#2*

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It's still fairly early in the morning, but nothing gets you up quite like a deep, thumping soundtrack and a mysteriously moving figure. If you want both in your life, check out the newest Phoenix Point teaser trailer down below.

There's nothing scary about it. Nothing at all, we promise. But if you like the sound of the original X-COM team banding together for a new strategy title, you're likely to be intrigued.

i'm kinda turned on

So it looks like the enemys are HP lovecraft inspired and then he merged them with Tyrinid from 40k

gameplay my sherbrothers

Last edited:
<mma4>
<5><GinJuice>
{<redford}
<{jackyeah}>

Now I just hope this makes it way to consoles for us non-master race plebs.

sold-gif.gif

<mma4>
<5><GinJuice>
{<redford}
<{jackyeah}>

Now I just hope this makes it way to consoles for us non-master race plebs.
Did you ever try X-com on PS1?

No. Was it garbage?

I played Xcom (2012) on PS3 and XCom 2 on PS4, both of which are fantastic.

Unless you had the mouse it was horrible.
I haven't tried the new ones. I've spent more time playing the original and TFTD than any other game by far.

Where do I put the money?

Im glad they finally got some news on this, I been waiting on something for like a year.

I was excited about wasteland 2 but the graphics...hopefully this is good. Cautiously optimistic

Phoenix-Point.jpg

Julian Gollop, one of the creators of the original X-COM series, is taking to Fig to crowdfund his next strategy game, Phoenix Point.

At the moment, access to the Fig campaign is limited to those who have already supported a project on the platform, and Gollop is aiming to raise $500,000 to bring the project to life. Phoenix Point has already been in development for over a year, first being announced in March 2016, with the first media emerging in June last year.

The game will follow closely in the footsteps of X-COM, being described as featuring “turn-based tactics” and “world-based strategy.” Also as with X-COM, Phoenix Point will take place in a near-future version of Earth, though rather than an alien invasion, the enemies are the result of a mutagenic virus that emerged alongside the melting permafrost. While these beasts will control the sea, players will control the sky and the two sides will do battle for control of the land.

http://onlysp.com/crowdfund-phoenix-point/

By my calculations, this game has in the area of 35%-40% chance of becoming the greatest piece of entertainment in history. And about a 200% chance of being better than blowjobs.

Looks excellent... in the mean time til it's released...

I need a turn based game. Any suggestions? (Not X-Com, CIVS or Warhammer)

Invisible, Inc was pretty fun. Turn based stealth game from the people that made Mark of the Ninja.

Hard west is well made and different setting from most of the genre.

Back