The Corruption of the Republican Party

Throttlehead

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A good read

Why has the Republican Party become so thoroughly corrupt? The reason is historical—it goes back many decades—and, in a way, philosophical. The party is best understood as an insurgency that carried the seeds of its own corruption from the start.

I don’t mean the kind of corruption that regularly sends lowlifes like Rod Blagojevich, the Democratic former governor of Illinois, to prison. Those abuses are nonpartisan and always with us. So is vote theft of the kind we’ve just seen in North Carolina—after all, the alleged fraudster employed by the Republican candidate for Congress hired himself out to Democrats in 2010.

And I don’t just mean that the Republican Party is led by the boss of a kleptocratic family business who presides over a scandal-ridden administration, that many of his closest advisers are facing prison time, that Donald Trump himself might have to stay in office just to avoid prosecution, that he could be exposed by the special counsel and the incoming House majority as the most corrupt president in American history. Richard Nixon’s administration was also riddled with criminality—but in 1973, the Republican Party of Hugh Scott, the Senate minority leader, and John Rhodes, the House minority leader, was still a normal organization. It played by the rules.

Hit the link to read the whole article.https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2017/09/ta-nehisi-coates-george-packer-white-president/539976/

The Democrats aren't corrupt? They didn't rig their own primary? The didn't spy on a presidential candidate? They didn't try to ruin Brett Kavanaughs life? They weren't caught working with news outlets? They didn't appoint a bogus special council set up to hinder and/or remove a sitting president? I mean what does it take to be corrupt around here.

It's not R v. D.

Libertarians & Greens would be just as bad given the same circumstances.

It's the election circus, the BILLIONS of dollars that pass through their greedy hands every big race.

It's very similar to the problems one encounters if they were to start feeding stray animals.

Yeah, it's just the republicans. Sigh...

Bring back the Party of Reagan.

Bring back Reagan. A real Republican.

There are some Republican leaders that have thrown their credibility in the trash, just let it melt away, all for the biggest liar on the planet and it's sad to watch them prostitute themselves to him.

The Democrats aren't corrupt? They didn't rig their own primary? The didn't spy on a presidential candidate? They didn't try to ruin Brett Kavanaughs life? They weren't caught working with news outlets? They didn't appoint a bogus special council set up to hinder and/or remove a sitting president? I mean what does it take to be corrupt around here.
{<jordan}

Bring back the Party of Reagan.

Bring back Reagan. A real Republican.

There are some Republican leaders that have thrown their credibility in the trash, just let it melt away, all for the biggest liar on the planet and it's sad to watch them prostitute themselves to him.

What policies and agenda items of the Reagan administration did you support or think was representative of a "real" republican? Was it the tax cuts? The military build up? Iran Contra? Build up and arming of Saddam? What is it that you think Reagan would be in 2018 that you wish you could bring him back?

You didn't even read it did you? If you did read it, you would understand why you are like you are.

In fact, you are proving his points 100%.

You didn't even read it did you? If you did read it, you would understand why you are like you are.

In fact, you are proving his points 100%.

Wow. I can't believe there's a dude named Throttlehead whose join date is a week away from mine. We're like twins now, dude, whether you like it or not.

I have no idea what the topic of discussion is here. I just checked in to point that out.

A good read

Why has the Republican Party become so thoroughly corrupt? The reason is historical—it goes back many decades—and, in a way, philosophical. The party is best understood as an insurgency that carried the seeds of its own corruption from the start.

I don’t mean the kind of corruption that regularly sends lowlifes like Rod Blagojevich, the Democratic former governor of Illinois, to prison. Those abuses are nonpartisan and always with us. So is vote theft of the kind we’ve just seen in North Carolina—after all, the alleged fraudster employed by the Republican candidate for Congress hired himself out to Democrats in 2010.

And I don’t just mean that the Republican Party is led by the boss of a kleptocratic family business who presides over a scandal-ridden administration, that many of his closest advisers are facing prison time, that Donald Trump himself might have to stay in office just to avoid prosecution, that he could be exposed by the special counsel and the incoming House majority as the most corrupt president in American history. Richard Nixon’s administration was also riddled with criminality—but in 1973, the Republican Party of Hugh Scott, the Senate minority leader, and John Rhodes, the House minority leader, was still a normal organization. It played by the rules.

Hit the link to read the whole article.

LOL, The only reason Rod Blagojevich was ever brought to justice was because he attempted to strong arm the incoming President. That's how much of an arrogant douche that guy was. Stop trying to Demcrats are any better than the Republicans.

Wow. I can't believe there's a dude named Throttlehead whose join date is a week away from mine. We're like twins now, dude, whether you like it or not.

I have no idea what the topic of discussion is here. I just checked in to point that out.
I guess head was on the mind that week. :)

And Im from B.C. ...mind blown ...heheh

LOL, The only reason Rod Blagojevich was ever brought to justice was because he attempted to strong arm the incoming President. That's how much of an arrogant douche that guy was. Stop trying to Demcrats are any better than the Republicans.
You didn't read the article either did you? You immediately go to "Dems do it too". Do yourself a favour and read the article, you can't be that much of a snowflake not to get through it.

Your answer is the typical answer for what this author is explaining about the current party.

A good read

Hit the link to read the whole article.
Fearful people hide within fearful organizations that only train you on how to fear everything external to you. But the deception is you already let fear in. You are already a card carrying member of fear. Because fear itself is the secretive organization that we get recruited to, unknowingly.

I guess head was on the mind that week. :)
We should swap AVs and locations for a few days just to see how many people we can fool in that period of time. For shits and giggles.
I don't think you want my bad name...hehe
A lot of extreme right wingers in here don't like being called idiots every day :)

Actually name came from band...btw

I don't think you want my bad name...hehe
A lot of extreme right wingers in here don't like being called idiots every day :)

Actually name came from band...btw

Well, I guess they're going to be confused as shit when they see me spouting some moderately right leaning rhetoric around these parts.

My name came from a song title.

You didn't read the article either did you? You immediately go to "Dems do it too". Do yourself a favour and read the article, you can't be that much of a snowflake not to get through it.

Your answer is the typical answer for what this author is explaining about the current party.

I like how your immediate, predictable response was "you're a snowflake" and "You're a Republican". Oddly enough the typical response of current Democrats on literally every subject.

I like how your immediate, predictable response was "you're a snowflake" and "You're a Republican". Oddly enough the typical response of current Democrats on literally every subject.
Well aren't you Republican? Your previous post sure sounded like it.
I called you a snowflake because it was obviously too painful for you to read the article, and you clearly did not.

Well, I guess they're going to be confused as shit when they see me spouting some moderately right leaning rhetoric around these parts.

My name came from a song title.
Moderately right is ok, its in the wheelhouse of normal and essential.

Back