The claim " It takes years to get ready for 12 rounds" Can somebody explain?

His confidence and self belief is a huge farce.
The gassing out and looking like he did shows he's mentally weak.

As well as his comments on being fatigued and how it always happens to him and he has to figure out why.

He lacks the ability to dig deep

Diaz 2 he could literally run from the fight to stay alive.

I think that, too. He didn't have a terrible 8th round. Then Mayweather starts landing a few big shots in the 9th, and McGregor begins falling around the ring from fatigue and bear hugging Mayweather from nothing to hold on. Now there obviously was physical fatigue, and those shots will have hurt, but, to react like that suggests to me that emotionally/mentally he just broke down at that point completely. I personally don't think he is going to be able to stay at the top in MMA for all that long.

His confidence and self belief is a huge farce.
The gassing out and looking like he did shows he's mentally weak.

As well as his comments on being fatigued and how it always happens to him and he has to figure out why.

He lacks the ability to dig deep

Diaz 2 he could literally run from the fight to stay alive.
Pretty much if things do not go his way he just - for lack of a better way to describe it - gives up or looks for a way out.

Then makes claims later on about how he could have gone on or was this and that but never really hurt.

Last edited:
Conor has always had problems with his cardio.

You could tell from his UFC fights. It was pretty evident in Diaz I when he came in with the same strategy - look for the fast knockout. That combined with him adding extra weight is a recipe for early gassing.

I thought he's gonna come lean for this fight and try to rely on speed and output more. He did exactly the opposite.

Rookies fight 4 rounds. 12 rounds is 36 minutes of punching, moving, pushing off, ducking, weaving. You can't pull guard, you can't maul against the fence and rest. Boxing is go, go, go.

'You can't maul against the fence' mauling as you put it. Is the most physically tiring aspect of it. It's not resting lol. Conor's cardio is crap. In mma or boxing. Boxing is not more physically tiring than mma. Its just conor doesn't have good cardio. Never has.

Have you ever competed in either. One of the most tiring aspects of boxing is when someone starts to lean on you and put there weight on you, because you are using alot of your strength to push or hold you off. Its not the 'go go go' lol. As you put it that physically drains you. Getting hit and having the opponent lean on you and use there weight against you takes a lot more of your energy than ducking and weaving and throwing punches.

These forums are full of people acting like they know what they are talking about when they know shit.

I've not got a problem with people having an opinion on anything, that's what forums are for, but when people talk as though they are experts when they obviously haven't got a clue or experienced it for real. I find it annoying.

Rant over. Lol

In an interview, Team McGregor said they had done a bunch of 12 rounds and all was good. I suppose that if you train for any fight , you fight for the amount of rounds you are going for. So why do people gas if the act is the same? Is it a factor that the environment is so much different and the sparring rounds are not nearly as hard as the competition itself? Or is it the nerves?

Would love to hear a experienced fighter explain this. No fighter bashing etc.

Thanks
Gotta be an adrenaline dump when it's your first time at the show, and standing across from you for the first time ever is a real athlete.

'You can't maul against the fence' mauling as you put it. Is the most physically tiring aspect of it. It's not resting lol. Conor's cardio is crap. In mma or boxing. Boxing is not more physically tiring than mma. Its just conor doesn't have good cardio. Never has.

Have you ever competed in either. One of the most tiring aspects of boxing is when someone starts to lean on you and put there weight on you, because you are using alot of your strength to push or hold you off. Its not the 'go go go' lol. As you put it that physically drains you. Getting hit and having the opponent lean on you and use there weight against you takes a lot more of your energy than ducking and weaving and throwing punches.

These forums are full of people acting like they know what they are talking about when they know shit.

I've not got a problem with people having an opinion on anything, that's what forums are for, but when people talk as though they are experts when they obviously haven't got a clue or experienced it for real. I find it annoying.

Rant over. Lol
Your pedantry is noted and dismissed. You think you're the only one who has trained, sparred? LOL.

Your pedantry is noted and dismissed. You think you're the only one who has trained, sparred? LOL.

No i Don't but the people talk absolute bollocks and make it out as fact. People who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I welcome debate and will listen to what people have to say, but when people make a claim, when they obviously haven't experienced it really winds me up.

It's a big thing that boxers say... 'boxings harder because you get to rest when you are wrestling/grappling/clinching etc... when that zaps energy quicker than standing toe to toe.

No i Don't but the people talk absolute bollocks and make it out as fact. People who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I welcome debate and will listen to what people have to say, but when people make a claim, when they obviously haven't experienced it really winds me up.

It's a big thing that boxers say... 'boxings harder because you get to rest when you are wrestling/grappling/clinching etc... when that zaps energy quicker than standing toe to toe.
I never said it was easier, I said it's a different type of movement that wears you out if you're not used to it. Just like boxers know how to rest under boxing rules, MMA guys know how to rest under their ruleset. Quit being a bitch. We know you train. Lot of us do or did. Nowhere in boxing can you hug against the ropes for more than a few seconds. MMA fighters know how to get to certain positions where they can get a breath. That doesn't mean they're reclining and sipping tea, it just means they're getting a quick rest and blow.

Quit waving your dick around.

No it was the statement that boxing is all 'Go Go Go' that is the issue.

Not whether anyone trains or not.

My point is boxing is no more physically tiring than mma, its the whole negative attitude everyone has towards mma on here. How boxing is so much more superior to mma.

You wouldn't believe this was an mma forum, all the negativity there is towards it on here.

Amateurs once they go pro don't start with 12 rounds they build up to it (mostly). A olimpic gold medalists first pro fight won't be 12 rounds

No it was the statement that boxing is all 'Go Go Go' that is the issue.

Not whether anyone trains or not.

My point is boxing is no more physically tiring than mma, its the whole negative attitude everyone has towards mma on here. How boxing is so much more superior to mma.

You wouldn't believe this was an mma forum, all the negativity there is towards it on here.
You sound like an insecure snowflake. Get over yourself. Boxing IS "go go go." It's incredibly demanding. Not taking anything away from MMA. Stop being such a pussy.

Amateurs once they go pro don't start with 12 rounds they build up to it (mostly). A olimpic gold medalists first pro fight won't be 12 rounds
Four rounds. New pros start at four. Amateurs fight three. If you're fighting above 10 rounds, you're generally fighting at the top level.

Mark "The hammer" Coleman would have been great at 12-rounders.

You sound like an insecure snowflake. Get over yourself. Boxing IS "go go go." It's incredibly demanding. Not taking anything away from MMA. Stop being such a pussy.

Yeah im really insecure lol. We've got another keyboars warrior here. Hahaa

I am probably the least insecure person ever. Lol. But that's in real life where it matters.

Not hiding behind a keyboard calling someone a pussy lol.

You can see the real insecure people on here. They are the ones that revert to name calling the second they don't like what they see.

I was trying to give a valid reason to why what was said was bullshit. Haha.

You was on about training. Ill bet you whatever you like that youve never done a day. Lol.

Yeah im really insecure lol. We've got another keyboars warrior here. Hahaa

I am probably the least insecure person ever. Lol. But that's in real life where it matters.

Not hiding behind a keyboard calling someone a pussy lol.

You can see the real insecure people on here. They are the ones that revert to name calling the second they don't like what they see.

I was trying to give a valid reason to why what was said was bullshit. Haha.

You was on about training. Ill bet you whatever you like that youve never done a day. Lol.
Thank you for the overexplaining clinic right here on just exactly how not insecure you are. We all believe you.

Back