The choke situation? It's happened before.

legatoblues

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
jeremy-horn-choke-chuck-lidell.jpg

UFC 19, Jeremy Horn amd Chuck Liddell appear to go.the distance. But when the bell rimgs and Chuck doesn't get up, it's realized that Horn slept him from the bottom.

The fight is called after the bell and Horn is correctly declared the winner via technical submission.

Tonight was the correct result, wrong classification.

I think if the fight is not stopped before the bell the fighter can sleep all he wants till monday, theres nothing wrong for the refto raise the sleeping mans hand declaring him the winner

To me, it looked like he knocked himself out on the takedown...he was limp when he was rolled over, then came back to consciousness. Probably went out several times temporarily during the choke, not to mention that flailing your legs and kicking the ground like that is considered tapping out anyway.

jeremy-horn-choke-chuck-lidell.jpg

UFC 19, Jeremy Horn amd Chuck Liddell appear to go.the distance. But when the bell rimgs and Chuck doesn't get up, it's realized that Horn slept him from the bottom.

The fight is called after the bell and Horn is correctly declared the winner via technical submission.

Tonight was the correct result, wrong classification.
difference is, there was another round in the Liddell Horn fight. it wasn't over.
the fight last night was over.

There was an Invicta fight where someone was choked unconscious at the very end of the third round and went on to win the decision (with a least one 30-27 score)

Last edited:
I'm not convinced he was ever fully out.

Kudos to Simon, but I don't agree with the call.

I thought the reff should’ve stopped it as soon as the flailing legs really picked up lol.......Prime horn was a beast but relyed mostly on talent and his lazy beach bum dad bod started letting him down gassing out on failed chokes and sloppy takedown attempts.......

Chuck was clearly out. He admitted it after the fact. Big difference here.

It's stupid rule because you can never know when he went out.

He could have went out the second the bell ran, perhaps a second after it.

Stupid rule.

I'm not convinced he was ever fully out.

Kudos to Simon, but I don't agree with the call.
It was a weird situation. I doubt those guys get paid much. If I had full control I'd call it a NC and give them both their win bonus. What can ya do tho

It looked like he went out a few different times. Dangerous

it was a little strange to watch a man choke another man for like a minute (seemingly to, at least, some effect). Felt like the emperor had dropped his thumb down lol. Not complaining, it was a weird situation. Thankfully he's ok from the choke, it seems.

And don't come at me with that "snowflake" bullshit, I enjoyed watching it just as much as the rest of you.

I think it was the right decision. He couldn't stand when the bell rang.This scenario kinda reminds me of that O'Malley fight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back