The Cheesecake Factory

There's a pretty funny read on Twitter by @MaxKriegerVC on The Cheesecake Factory.

I absolutely love the cheesecake, but the menu is way too big and the food is nothing special.

I went for the first time when I was in Pittsburgh last month.

The variety was interesting, but the food itself very underwhelming. No one at my table of 10+ people came out very impressed tbh.

Talk to me about those Applebees Dollaritas, now there's a place I would go back to lol.

outback is still my go to, they were even better 5+ years ago when most stuff was prepared in house. their clam chowder is great.

Sometimes people just have higher standards for food and there's no chain restaurant that has good food. Almost all of them get their meals premade and in bags that are just reheated. If you'e lucky, the protein is warmed back up on a grill instead of a water bath but that's few and far between.
i bet anthony bourdain is your hero

I've never been but it sounds like a place I'd sprint to in my heavily stoned days. Used to make a weekly pilgrimage to Abdow's for the all day breakfast buffet. After I stopped toking I went one time and realized how lousy it really was. Never again.

There's one in the town I used to live in and ate there once. The food, atmosphere, and service were all OK. The cheesecake was good because it's sugar filled cheesecake. I try not to eat at chain restaurants though, those are for has-been's and never-was's.

None near me, but we usually stop by the on ein the Ceasar's shops in vegas. Its solid to share a bunch of apps with a group of people.

Don't think I've ever had an entre there.

The menu at that place is almost the size of a phone book.

The closest one is in New Jersey and it's at a popular mall, so I'd rather starve.

The only thing that was decent was the upside down pinapple cheesecake.

4/10

I have to admit a lot of their dishes are good and of course their cheesecake is up there. Probably one of the better super high calorie chain restaurants. Bread + Butter followed by an Entrée and finished off with a slice of cheese cake could easily crack the 3000 kcal barrier.

Don't forget the infamous Black Friday deal where you get 2 free slices of cheesecake for every $25 gift card you purchase. #obesity

They have great cheesecake and a variety of food, but yea, the food is pretty horrible for you and is a bit overpriced, but Cheesecake Factory shits on pretty much all other chain like restaurants near where I live (Chilis, Applebees, Olive Garden, Carrabbas, Outback, Longhorn, TGI Friday, Bonefish, etc.)

I'm not a fan of massive chains because food quality lacks and they're overpriced, but if I do go to one I'd definitely go to Cheesecake Factory over any of the ones I listed above 10/10 times.

There's nothing authentic about their Asian entree not even close lol

We have a new one in my area. I do like the food and I like how the cheese cakes are big as fuck. My issue with our new one is they cramped all the tables together. If your only two people good luck your getting stuck near other couples that are way to close to you.

This one time I went this couple was talking to another couple and you could just see the wife's face. She did not want this dude talking to her and her husband at all.

If I want Mexican I go to a Mexican restaurant. Italian? Same. Asian? You get the gist..

But if you have 1 person in the group who wants Italian and the other Mexican then in a situation like that its a good compromise. But I wouldn't go out of my way to go eat at the CF. I mean if a group of us was doing something out near where the CF was and it was the best option nearby then thats when you go eat there.

this and Texas Roadhouse are my all time favorites.

I order the Mac and Cheese burger or the Shepards Pie

Whatever type of food you get there you can find better at a restaurant that specializes in that type of food...it's ok though, and good for going out with a group since they do have just about every type of food...

Back