The Catholic Patriarchs Of Syria and Jerusalem realease statement... MUST READ!

Syrian christians are passè..they will be quietly slaughtered when the jhiadist, the moderare democratic ones, will take over buried with sand and and a blanket of silence. Just like happened at the christians in Iraq.

So, just to clarify the stupidity of both statements. The two of you agree with the Catholic Patriarchs of Syria in saying that the U.S. and its allies were wrong in bombing the Assad regime in Syria. Chemical attacks by the Syrian government against innocent civilians is acceptable by both you. Got it. That will be filed under the 'special kind of stupid' file.

As I said, infantile.

...ah, ok. I'm still waiting for their statement on the atrocities of the 'Crusades' and 'The Spanish Inquisition'. The Catholic church killed thousands of innocent men, women, and children. All promoted by the Pope, and I'm Catholic.

Well, I’m not catholic (I’m Jewish) and I’m aware of them apologizing for the inquisition and the crusades, along with slavery, Galileo, the holocaust and numerous other things.

Chemical attacks by the Syrian government against innocent civilians is acceptable by both you.
DatcrBqW4AAj_GA.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

As I said, infantile.
Infants will infant. It is so strange watching these people believe everything they here from their TV.

Marxist pope, crusades, misunderstanding of Papal authority in Orthodoxy, distrust of voices because they’re religious....

This thread has a lot of stupid, and some excellent replies to that stupid

Exactly. That is why I feel the Catholic Patriarchs should not be saying shit about the Syrian bombings.
Orthodox patriarchs*. They were victims of crusades. Melkite Catholics are eastern rite and a majority of their ancestors were, again, the victims of the conquests by the crusades.

After this statement by the Christian leadership in Syria, and if Obama was president, the rightwing online commenters would be letting everyone know that Obama is a secret Muslim who hates Christians. Nothing of the sort has been said of Trump.

Orthodox patriarchs*. They were victims of crusades. Melkite Catholics are eastern rite and a majority of their ancestors were, again, the victims of the conquests by the crusades.

To be fair, anyone caught in the way of the first crusade especially was probably a victim. They slaughtered everyone.

To be fair, anyone caught in the way of the first crusade especially was probably a victim. They slaughtered everyone.
It’s true... those were less ecumenical times, lol

Majority rule means minority extinction in Middle Eastern countries.

Wasn't always that way, but nowadays, it certainly is. We should be careful about the effects of "democracy" on the Middle East. A benevolent dictator is sometimes the better alternative to an angry mob rule.

Unfortunately, in the case of the Middle East, the dictators are hardly benevolent. Either way, somebody's going to suffer. Is a repressed majority a better alternative to an extinct minority? That's a difficult call to make.
I support the removal of these dictators(by their people, not us) under certain circumstances. The removal of Mubarak was pretty much non-violent and even though it led to a Brotherhood victory I think the Sisi coup is worse than that alternative and has proven itself as such since. However, with Assad at this point the primary means of politics is violence and its been that way for years. Any moderates have been pushed out with the extremes taking center stage at this point.

Right now, I see Assad as the lesser evil. The only exception to me is the resistance from Rojova. It might not be the leftist paradise they want us to believe but I think its better than jihadistan or Assad's Syria and whatever we can do diplomatically to preserve the gains the Rojova folks have made we should.

Last edited:
Back