The casual in me is kicking in , how are you guys so confident Mayweather wins?

Wrong forum brah, trolling the casuals is that way -->

I like boxing. But the arrogance of boxing fans is the reason the sport is dying. Tonight your world will turn upside dow. This conor would give any floyd from the past fist and he looked scared

The biggest star in MMA is earning more money from a single boxing match than his entire career in the UFC, in the single biggest fight in the history of combat sports, and yet somehow "boxing is dying". Can somebody explain this to me please because I don't understand.

40 year old who hasnt fought in over 2 years and is the smaller and weaker fighter. He is also fighting a man who has more confidence in his ability than anyone he has fought
Honestly, of all the arguments for McGregor, the confidence one is, by far, the dumbest. Confidence is a prerequisite, not an asset; a guy's got no business in there if he doesn't believe he'll win (no matter how deluded they are about it). But what's so unique and special about the way Conor has conducted himself pre-fight, what makes his particular brand of confidence stick out?

yeah I am not trolling, I leave that to the damn subforum,

I guess I can't wrap my mind around a 40-year-old having the abilty to stay sharp

Your cortex is slightly coated by the mucus of The Ennui. Cloud away from the impurities my child and rely on your true convictions...

8 oz gloves and seems pissed.

Still say the fights a total work and sham but if ifs not Im leaning towards Floyd delivering a beat down.
I have a feeling they are actually pretty friendly with each other when there is no cameras on them.

I'm quite sure they got together and discussed game plans on how to sell the fight.

I don't believe there is any real animosity

At the weigh-in I got the impression Floyd was a little pissed. Letting McG scream in his face, as if thinking.. 'keep it up dude your time is coming' am I fantasising or could Floyd actually come straight out with mean intentions?

I got that impression too. I don't recall him saying he was going to knock some the fudge out before. I suspect he intends to make an example out of him ala Gatti, I heard an interview with his cousin saying as much.

I've said this before, but I hope his corner doesn't let him take too much punishment, it would be a nightmare for the sport if Conor gets seriously hurt.

Last edited:
lol my dad texted me "do you think MacGregor can beat Mayweather?"

I was just like "nahhhhhhhhhhhh, bet on money may, return guaranteed."

I have a feeling they are actually pretty friendly with each other when there is no cameras on them.

I'm quite sure they got together and discussed game plans on how to sell the fight.

But they're still both competitors; friends try to beat the shit out each other, all the time, in this game. That said, while I do feel that a lot of the animosity is manufactured, I can't help but feel that, with the build up, Floyd's ego is just a little bit bruised by the deluded notion, that some people believe that Conor, stands more than a puncher's chance. He may try to actually prove a point. I rank the likely outcomes in this order:

1. Conor quits on his stool
2. Conor's corner throws in the towel
3. Floyd actually (T)KOs him
4. Floyd wins a decision

But they're still both competitors; friends try to beat the shit out each other, all the time, in this game. That said, while I do feel that a lot of the animosity is manufactured, I can't help but feel that, with the build up, Floyd's ego is just a little bit bruised by the deluded notion, that some people believe that Conor, stands more than a puncher's chance. He may try to actually prove a point. I rank the likely outcomes in this order:

1. Conor quits on his stool
2. Conor's corner throws in the towel
3. Floyd actually (T)KOs him
4. Floyd wins a decision
This pretty much exactly what I was getting at. Probably could have worded it better. But what can I say? I was public school educated.

The promotion has been pure WWE.

imo, if this was a kick boxing match the fight would be even money. with all the mma punters, connor wouldve went off as the favorite

Mayweather would have no chance in a kickboxing match. None.

If allowed to kick McGregor would utterly dominate Mayweather.

The biggest star in MMA is earning more money from a single boxing match than his entire career in the UFC, in the single biggest fight in the history of combat sports, and yet somehow "boxing is dying". Can somebody explain this to me please because I don't understand.

The fact this supposed UFC vs Boxing showdown is actually just a boxing match says it all really.

Mayweather would have no chance in a kickboxing match. None.

If allowed to kick McGregor would utterly dominate Mayweather.
joe-rogan-3ammma.jpg

The biggest fight in the UFC is happening in a Boxing Ring

Back