The case against Conor McGregor's "greatness"

I didn't necessarily mean to say you yourself were a Conor nuthugger, but just in general, the nuthuggers annoy me. Sorry if it came off that way.

Also, i disagree with anyone that says Conor had something to lose fighting Floyd. What exactly did he have to lose? A BLANK professional boxing record? If he lost to Floyd, it would literally have zero impact on his MMA career/ record. However, in return, he makes $50+ million just to step in the ring with him. Guess what, I would do that too, and so would just about everybody else on planet earth. So no, Conor fighting Floyd deserves zero respect, because it was literally ALLLL about the money. Anyone else who says otherwise is delusional.

Again, not trying to be harsh on you, just saying
It wasn't about him having "anything to lose" it was about being afraid to lose... as in not fighting people who could beat him... how can you hate on a man who found the best way to cash in on his notoriety? I think him finding a way to make 50 million by trash talking and losing a fight is pretty brilliant actually.

Conor is not great and probably never wanted to be great as a fighter. But he is ritch wich is exactly what he wanted. As an MMA fan I don't respect the man. But then again getting punched in the face for living is not fun at all so I can not blame the guy for trying to earn the most money with the less damage possible.

Basically this post exactly. The only point of disagreement for me is that I think he did want to be great as a fighter and found out he could not be as great as he believed he could be.

Back