the camera-chasing Attorney General of Texas who doesn't let facts get in the way of his 15 minutes

Wait I thought yall were discussing a wheel chair joke?

What the hell just happened?

I’m not denying a problem exist, but by adding millions of illegal people to a population and watch all your statics drop.

He said we have third world healthcare that’s just stupid
I provide a source for my claim. What have you got besides anecdotes about rich Mexicans that supports my point.

This is nort accurate at all, prices stayed low for years, thousands of oil companies went under during that time. Leases were lost companies were bought out, we were not 5hat far away from a handful of major companies owning every lucrative field in the state.

Gas production has been good the price has not. Some of our best friends own a company that had offers coming in to sell for around a billion dollars, the crash hit and it ended up selling for a little over a hundred million. The banks took a huge hit just to salvage some of their loses.
My son works for an oil and gas company that deals in natural gas production, I could go on about my involvement but after stalking on this site that’s as personal as I’ll get.
I’m well versed on what’ happened your description is not accurate

Firms went out of business because they thought $140 a barrel was going to last forever and overextended themselves. Oil crashed to like $35 right after the recession and rebounded to the previous norm (~$75 per) by the aforementioned date of June 2009. Just because some firms closed doesn't mean that O&G wasn't propping us up. The ones that had foresight and kept their emergency coffers loaded are still ticking better than ever (albeit a little more diversified than before). I mean, i'm not sure what you want me to tell you otherwise. This isn't exactly a contentious subject.

What a piece of shit article. I'm supposed to hate the Texas AG because he related some inaccurate information en media res, and because he showed up to a major crime scene in Dallas trying to help provide a government response?

@second sight, if Texas is doing so well, why does it have 3rd world healthcare?
Texas Has the Highest Maternal Mortality Rate in the Developed World. Why?

Crazy that Texas, along with the rest of the country, is doing such a poor job for its citizens:
"While Texas has the worst maternal mortality rate in the nation, America as a whole struggles, too. In every other wealthy country around the world, rates have been decreasing, but in the U.S. they increased from 2000 to 2014."

Using this logic. Any state that scores low in ANY metric of quality of life is a shitty state. California is extremely wealthy but scores low in many.

Pretty silly to try to score political points this way

And wasn't Obamacare suppose to at least improve that kind of stuff

Last edited:
Using this logic. Any state that scores low in ANY metric of quality of life is a shitty state. California is extremely wealthy but scores low in many.

Pretty silly to try to score political points this way
I would say how you care for the health of mothers is rather a significant measure of overall health. And anyway my post was intended as hyperbole to make a larger point, which is this supposed economic prowess about which he was so proud is making women less healthy, unlike elsewhere in the country and the world. To be fair, it has nothing to do with how the economy is performing; the reasons why women, particularly poor women, especially poor black women, are seeing their right to life denied to them are somewhat complex, but there's not much doubt the lack of access plays a large part and that's just because fuck the poor.

I would say how you care for the health of mothers is rather a significant measure of overall health. And anyway my post was intended as hyperbole to make a larger point, which is this supposed economic prowess about which he was so proud is making women less healthy, unlike elsewhere in the country and the world. To be fair, it has nothing to do with how the economy is performing; the reasons why women, particularly poor women, especially poor black women, are seeing their right to life denied to them are somewhat complex, but there's not much doubt the lack of access plays a large part and that's just because fuck the poor.

Wow. You just basically contradicted your first posts. But as you said, you were using hyperbole(to score political points).

California is VERY low on MANY quality metrics. It doesn't mean it's not a economic force. It also doesn't mean the people in charge hate those not doing well. States have unique problems.

In essence u didn't disagree with the poster you went after. You just reverted to your politics naturally

What a piece of shit article. I'm supposed to hate the Texas AG because he related some inaccurate information en media res, and because he showed up to a major crime scene in Dallas trying to help provide a government response?

Incorrect. The OP only posts complete accurate unbiased sources and is not a shit poster. He says so himself

Well...yaaa !?

Wow. You just basically contradicted your first posts. But as you said, you were using hyperbole(to score political points).

California is VERY low on MANY quality metrics. It doesn't mean it's not a economic force. It also doesn't mean the people in charge hate those not doing well. States have unique problems.

In essence u didn't disagree with the poster you went after. You just reverted to your politics naturally
You have no idea what you're talking about. What do my politics have to do with anything I've said on this matter? He was chest thumping about Texas. I pointed out there are things going on there a reasonable person should be ashamed of. If it's because of shitty politics, which it is, that's not my fault nor the fault of my political leanings, it's just sad.

You have no idea what you're talking about. What do my politics have to do with anything I've said on this matter? He was chest thumping about Texas. I pointed out there are things going on there a reasonable person should be ashamed of. If it's because of shitty politics, which it is, that's not my fault nor the fault of my political leanings, it's just sad.

Lol. You admitted you were using hyperbole. Why? Politics of course.

All states have problems. Are they all due to politics? U seem to think so. So that would mean California has the shittiest politicians?

Lol. You admitted you were using hyperbole. Why? Politics of course.

All states have problems. Are they all due to politics? U seem to think so. So that would mean California has the shittiest politicians?
No, not for politics, for the war room. For people like you who love to ignore context when it suits you, it's fun to occasionally make it easy for you and then point it out.

No, not for politics, for the war room. For people like you who love to ignore context when it suits you, it's fun to occasionally make it easy for you and then point it out.

Ok. Now you are just not making sense. You know you were being political and now are backtracking.

If someone would have shot back like you did against someone saying California has a strong economy. You would have called them every name in the book. You don't even realize you do it

Ok. Now you are just not making sense. You know you were being political and now are backtracking.

If someone would have shot back like you did against someone saying California has a strong economy. You would have called them every name in the book. You don't even realize you do it
This is false.

Back