The Body Triangle as a Submission!!

Not sure what the guy above is laughing about, but it definitely happens

I think this can actually work on a slim guy with a smaller core. But only if the guy throwing the body triangle has long strong legs. Somebody like jon jones could do this.

I talk a bit about how to do it on bigger people in the video

This is 100%, I was shown this by a world class black belt. He did his on an angle though with the aim to crush the liver.

Body triangle subs are going to be a thing in my estimation. You hear guys like Craig Jones talking about subbing people with just the body triangle. I've heard stories about the DDS guys tapping people relentlessly with body triangles recently. A lot of people hurt themselves trying to escape body triangles and so it makes sense on offense that you could tailor your pressure to force spine and/or rib locks. I don't see using body triangles to submit ever being a huge part of my game but I think we are going to see this become a big thing within the next year or two as the knowledge trickles down.

Body triangle is quite legit, I’ve tapped lots of guys with it, but I couldn’t lots either... I don’t know if it’s worth trying it in competition though, could be burning your legs out

I taapped a few guys with it, but i wanted to use it as a control xD

do-jime or "trunk constriction" has existed (and banned) in judo since the early days - while its not a technique to base your game around - it shouldn't be dismissed as ineffective - great video!

There you go calm down motherfuckers you back in it lol

I think most guys will give you the neck before they tap to the body triangle, but it definitely is a great position to cook them until they cant handle it anymore.

I used to roll with a double arm amputee with insane leg strength, and he'd tap me with it all the time

Back