The Birth of an EU Army

This simply isn't true. Where did you get this idea from? This concept has been around for decades.

The Romans had something close to it.

640px-Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png

i'm not saying they can't.....but they sure as hell haven't yet

that could just be to US/NATO participation, but i'm not entirely sure.

The German military, right now, wouldn't even be remotely close to stopping Turkey or Russia from attempting anything. Which, perhaps they're relying on the more eastern/central EU countries that DO contribute the required minimum to NATO, as they are essentially a buffer zone

On what basis could they not stop Turkey? Turkey would struggle in a war against the Greeks (especially post coup), and I think Germany would destroy them in a real war. A combined EU effort would wipe Turkey off the face of the Earth in days. I think you are underestimating German equipment, strategy and ability to turn it on in a total war environment.

You scoff at their equipment but atleast they have several thousand tanks, which is essential for a real war in Europe. France and Britain have less than 1000 each, and I believe are less prepared for real conflict.

I agree Germans don’t have the ability to project power beyond Europe (and they have never had that ability, unless you go back to the prime days of the Habsburgs).

On what basis could they not stop Turkey? Turkey would struggle in a war against the Greeks (especially post coup), and I think Germany would destroy them in a real war. A combined EU effort would wipe Turkey off the face of the Earth in days. I think you are underestimating German equipment, strategy and ability to turn it on in a total war environment.

You scoff at their equipment but atleast they have several thousand tanks, which is essential for a real war in Europe. France and Britain have less than 1000 each, and I believe are less prepared for real conflict.

I agree Germans don’t have the ability to project power beyond Europe (and they have never had that ability, unless you go back to the prime days of the Habsburgs).
I might be wrong here but i think germany only has some 300 tanks at this moment. The German army is in a pathetic state just like my own army

I think you're overrating Germany's military prowess.
They certainly do not have several thousand tanks.

I might be wrong here but i think germany only has some 300 tanks at this moment. The German army is in a pathetic state just like my own army

I think you are right actually, I remember reading somewhere they had over 2000 main battle tanks but apparently they scrapped 90% of them and now only have around 200 (contrast this with Greece that has 1355 active battle tanks).

Still though, the Leopard 2 is designed and built in Germany and can be mass produced in the lead up to a real war.

I think you're overrating Germany's military prowess.
They certainly do not have several thousand tanks.

They did until recently. My super top secret intel was out of date!

But as previously mentioned, they design and build their own main battle tanks. It is not like they are Saudi Arabia and need to negotiate to buy them from overseas. If they want more battle tanks the capability is there.

When it comes to modern war economic and industrial power are the two most important things and Germany has that. On top of that they have a rich military tradition, industrial know-how and a large population. To think Turkey could come and push over Germany is ridiculous. Who could? I doubt Russia can, and I don't see the US invading anytime soon.

But as previously mentioned, they design and build their own main battle tanks. It is not like they are Saudi Arabia and need to negotiate to buy them from overseas. If they want more battle tanks the capability is there.

When it comes to modern war economic and industrial power are the two most important things and Germany has that. On top of that they have a rich military tradition, industrial know-how and a large population. To think Turkey could come and push over Germany is ridiculous. Who could? I doubt Russia can, and I don't see the US invading anytime soon.

Does Germany have the oil production to feed the war machine you're envisioning them being able to build?

I'm not necessarily saying that Turkey could beat Germany... just that Germany is not particularly impressive, militarily speaking.
Right now, in a one-on-one fantasy scenario, I don't see what Germany has to offer Russia - other than being too out-of-the-way to effectively attack.

Yahh being genocidal nazis. And the last 70 years the tradition of only the lowest most ignorant tash joining their ranks.

Maybe the grand plan is to write a blank cheque to the frogs and tell them to build cool weapons and give it to the EasternSkis to keep everyone safe from the Tsar and Sultan.

This simply isn't true. Where did you get this idea from? This concept has been around for decades.
If you frequented the war room daily, the normal & rational posters deny such things were set to take place. Naive benevolence of the common good will of man rhetoric bs or whatever progressive delusionment most people believe in.

Back