The bigotry of the progressive left

They talk about white people the same way Hitler spoke about the Jews.

A big tenant of their idea is that its ok to discriminate against, be intolerant of, or hate, a group of people that they deem offensive and dangerous.

That's always a very dangerous road to go down.

There is a lot of talk in progressive circles about "dehumanizing the other" and that is exactly what progressives do to the people they disagree with. They dehumanize the other by using words like white privilege, racist, Nazi, Islamophobic, homophobic and so on. The process of dehumanization gives the progressive a license to humiliate, alienate and impose physical harm against those whom challenge their ideology.

giphy.gif

University Apparently Fired an Employee For Using Southern Accent
by Ronn Blitzer | 10:28 am, September 12th, 2017

The artist director of the Oregon Bach Festival was fired in the middle of his four-year contract after what he and a black friend both considered a playful conversation, when a bystander reported him for somehow being racist.

British conductor Matthew Halls was hanging out at the festival with classical singer Reginald Mobley, when Mobley, who is black and from Florida, commented that a recent concert he performed at in the UK had an “antebellum” feel, likening it to glorifications of the pre-Civil War South like Gone With the Wind. Halls, who is British, joked in response that he “apologised on behalf of England,” and, in a fake southern accent, said, “Do you want some grits?” Mobley had no problem with the jest, but a white woman who overheard sure did, reportedly alerting festival organizers.

The woman apparently told officials with the University of Oregon, who puts on the musical event, and Halls was subsequently terminated. The woman reportedly said that Halls’ use of the accent was as if he had used a racial slur.

Mobley, meanwhile, is upset that his friend lost his job over a comment that didn’t even upset him. “It was an innocent joke that has been entirely taken out of context,” he told the The Sunday Telegraph. “I’m from the deep south and Matthew often makes fun of the southern accent just as I often make fun of his British accent,” he said. “Race was not an issue. He was imitating a southern accent, not putting on a black accent, and there was nothing racist or malicious about it.”

As a public institution, one would think the University of Oregon would thoroughly investigate a matter before firing someone for their speech. Or if they rushed into an accusation, they would certainly provide an opportunity for a fair hearing, where Halls could give his side and have someone like Mobley speak on his behalf.

As it turns out, the University didn’t do much digging before making their decision, and they didn’t even ask Mobley about what happened.

A festival spokesperson said in a statement:

The University considers many factors when deciding whether to continue a contract. Regarding Reggie Mobley, it doesn’t appear he was involved in the University’s decision. Having said that, it would be inappropriate for the University to disclose details about a personnel matter. [Beautiful copout]

The singer was quick to point out the irony in not giving him an opportunity to speak up in the matter.

“I’m the subject of a falsified story, without having the chance to have my say,” Mobley said. “My voice has been taken away in a conversation about race that involved me, and technically that’s racist.”

https://lawnewz.com/crazy/university-literally-fired-an-employee-for-using-southern-accent/

It's getting pretty ridiculous out there with private citizens acting as speech/action police, and institutions reinforcing these actions in the positive.
Amazing. Simply amazing where political correctness has led.

Have a different view point then the left, they will work to damage your name, reputation, and job.
They have become worse then the mafia

Sounds a lot like a thin skinned president I know.

For all of the ivory tower intellectual snobbery and "multicultural" rhetoric the progressive regressive left likes to talk, it's kind of interesting that from what is known and gathered of their personal and political views, many of the greatest figures and contributors to German history and culture (not of Jewish heritage - that's Einstein and Marx gone - which tends to take priority, pretty much by their own accord) could be described as 'right wing' in some form or fashion including but not limited to: Goethe, Gauss, Wagner, Planck, Hahn, Heisenberg, Butenandt, von Braun. That still holds true even with the exclusion of religion, ethno-culturalism being the consistent thread.

Poland is also a Slavic nation which generally tend to exhibit far less tolerance for incompatible ideologies and cultures than have the Germanic and Romantic people/linguistic groups. I rarely see Sherdog posters make much of a distinction when discussing Europe but it's really already quite diverse without waves of immigration from the Middle East and North Africa.

560px-Indo-European_languages_in_Europe.png
From what I gather, and personal experience, most north americans aren't taught much about countries east of Austria. And that leads to thinking of Europe in terms of the western countries mostly, with only a moments thought given to the rest, and kinda sorta European states. That's changing somewhat with the V4s resistance to accepting migrants.

Mobley had no problem with the jest, but a white woman who overheard sure did, reportedly alerting festival organizers.
It's like these people have a spidey sense for virtue signalling.

From what I gather, and personal experience, most north americans aren't taught much about countries east of Austria. And that leads to thinking of Europe in terms of the western countries mostly, with only a moments thought given to the rest, and kinda sorta European states. That's changing somewhat with the V4s resistance to accepting migrants.

Yeah, I had intended to delve into that a little bit eventually in the ~ Western Culture ~ appreciation thread I started last week, but it was inexplicably dumped by the SD Mod team within only a few hours of being up. Very lame move, and it's easily Mayberry worthy material if they felt it wasn't WR appropriate.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/western-culture.3615955/

For all of the ivory tower intellectual snobbery and "multicultural" rhetoric the progressive regressive left likes to talk, it's kind of interesting that from what is known and gathered of their personal and political views, many of the greatest figures and contributors to German history and culture (not of Jewish heritage - that's Einstein and Marx gone - which tends to take priority, pretty much by their own accord) could be described as 'right wing' in some form or fashion including but not limited to: Goethe, Gauss, Wagner, Planck, Hahn, Heisenberg, Butenandt, von Braun. That still holds true even with the exclusion of religion, ethno-culturalism being the consistent thread.

Poland is also a Slavic nation which generally tend to exhibit far less tolerance for incompatible ideologies and cultures than have the Germanic and Romantic people/linguistic groups. I rarely see Sherdog posters make much of a distinction when discussing Europe but it's really already quite diverse without waves of immigration from the Middle East and North Africa.

560px-Indo-European_languages_in_Europe.png

This is a excellent book.

Editorial Reviews
About the Author

Professor Thomas E. Woods Jr. is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, as well as The Church Confronts Modernity: Catholic Intellectuals and the Progressive Era and The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy. He holds four Ivy League degrees, including an AB from Harvard and a PhD from Columbia. He teaches courses in Western civilization, is the associate editor of the Latin Massmagazine, and is a prolific essayist on historical subjects. He lives with his family in Coram, New York.

--This text refers to the Preloaded Digital Audio Player edition.

From AudioFile
The author attempts to dispel the stereotype of the Christian Church in the Middle Ages as being an institution of "corruption, ignorance, repression, and stagnation." His examples include the Church's involvement in the preservation of literature, the support of art and architecture, the revival of codified law, the advancement of science, and the invention of charity. Barrett Whitener uses subtle inflection and frequent variation in his intonation to keep the listener engaged with the stodgy rhetoric; his pauses and changes of tone make the author's punctuation easy to discern. Whitener reads without haste, and his deep voice further adds to the pleasure of learning how popular prejudice has deceived us by ignoring the facts. J.A.H. © AudioFile 2006, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine --This text refers to the Preloaded Digital Audio Player edition.

Yeah, I had intended to delve into that a little bit eventually in the ~ Western Culture ~ appreciation thread I started last week, but it was inexplicably dumped by the SD Mod team within only a few hours of being up. Very lame move, and it's easily Mayberry worthy material if they felt it wasn't WR appropriate.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/western-culture.3615955/
It's complete bullshit that it got dumped. Appreciating one thing does not mean disparaging others.

Having said that, I did just that in that thread. Or did I just tell the truth? To some they're one and the same.

It's complete bullshit that it got dumped. Appreciating one thing does not mean disparaging others.

Having said that, I did just that in that thread. Or did I just tell the truth? To some they're one and the same.

It's a fair question, and it wasn't intended to disparage others at all but I can honestly say that probably no more than three or four years ago ideas of things like ethnic and cultural pride hardly even crawled into my head; of course it was inherently there but not often any desire to really display it. The political climate has seemingly swung so drastically within such a short period of time - including the migrant crisis and open border policy - that my reactions have been instinctive and impulsive.

As said before, when the "German Cultural Council" doesn't feel it necessary to lay out in very clear terms that German customs and culture ought to be at the core and lead of the country of Germany and openly express skepticism that such a thing even exists? Yeah, I'm inclined to believe it's being deliberately attacked, degraded and eroded by treacherous bureaucrats. How people can get on board with this sort of rhetoric lacking any sort of logic or foresight to where it leads is of great frustration. I can't and won't ever adopt such a self-loathing and defeatist mindset.

It's really ironic that the progressive movement was built on tolerance and acceptance. From my personal experience both online and in person, progressives have very little of either for individuals who hold traditional values. I hear progressives mock and belittle anyone with more traditional values regularly, as if they are sub-human. Where is the tolerance for them? Why do progressives not hold themselves to the same standards they expect from individuals with traditional views?

One example is a gay couple suing Christians bakers for refusing to cater to their wedding. Christians do not have to approve of gay marriage, nor does the gay couple have to approve of their Christianity. Each is free to their own set of values, but should (according to progressive ideology) be tolerant of each other. There's an obvious difference however, between tolerating and supporting. Personally I don't understand why the gay couple wouldn't just take their business elsewhere. It seems like an attention/money grab. If someone didn't want to work for me because of a different moral foundation, it would seem quite bigoted of me to try and force them to. Religious freedom should not be compromised, but unfortunately for the Christian bakers they were hit with huge fines, and a socially influenced boycott forced them to close their doors.

A more recent example is the teacher from Oregon getting attempting to make her students turn their Trump shirts inside out, citing "Make America Great Again" as a Neo-Nazi slogan. Why teachers would think it's okay to enforce their political views on their students is beyond me, but it's a great example of bigotry from so called progressives. It's a re-occurring theme unfortunately. I don't like your opinion? You must be a Nazi. An extreme lack of tolerance for simply supporting their president. Imagine the outrage if kids had been told to leave a classroom for supporting Obama. Luckily in this case the teacher was fired.

Aside from policies that put America first, I believe that Trump being elected is a big statement against this type of bigotry and intolerance from progressives. People are tired of being unjustly labeled as homophobic, xenophobic, Nazis etc. just for having more traditional values. Labeling as such is an obvious attempt to completely invalidate any factual argument they make. The silent majority still exists, but the intolerant progressives become louder and louder as time goes on, with the full fledged support of academia, Hollywood, and the main stream media.

What is the cause of this bigotry from the progressive left? To me it seems like a situation where "I feel like I've been oppressed, now it's your turn." They don't really want a tolerant, accepting society which can house many different view points. They want to forcefully apply their beliefs to everyone, and anyone who doesn't agree will be socially shamed and possibly sued or jailed.

Why is the progressive left so bigoted and intolerant?

And they get away with it because they are the left. Unbelievable. ANTIFA should be on the terror watch.

Are there any groups they should be able to deny service to? Like, say, Nazis? Should a black, gay cake maker have to decorate a cake for a little girl literally named "Janette Aryan Nation Smith"? If we say "Nah, that person doesn't have to write that on a cake" it seems like we establish a standard of "Ok, they have to bake the cake, but not write certain things on it" - what happens when a Christian baker says "Ok, I'll bake a cake for your gay wedding, but I won't write 'We both like it in the butt'" on it... I'd ask about a Muslim bakery in this scenario, but there are many videos of Muslim bakers refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding and no-one gave a crap, so I'm assuming we are cool with them not doing so.

Is there a consistent standard at work here? Do we, as a society, actually want a consistent standard, or one standard for the groups we like and another for the groups we think are just bad? What are we actually closer to here, and what do you think the people so often in the headlines actually want?

Lol! Are there really "many videos of Muslim bakers refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding"? If there are videos of this posted on the internet I'm guessing they are there because someone gave a crap. But seriously, have you spent a lot of time researching this issue?

You ask a lot of questions and pose some hardly likely scenarios, why don't you tell us what you want to have happen.

Lol! Are there really "many videos of Muslim bakers refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding"? If there are videos of this posted on the internet I'm guessing they are there because someone gave a crap. But seriously, have you spent a lot of time researching this issue?

You ask a lot of questions and pose some hardly likely scenarios, why don't you tell us what you want to have happen.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/

Multiple Muslim bakeries refusing to bake cake for a gay wedding - yet, mysteriously, no protests, no calls for legal action..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-leader-denied-shoprite-cake-article-1.358050

Little boy named Adolf Hitler Campbell was denied a cake with his name on it because it offended the people making the cake, presumably.

The only people who "gave a crap" about the first thing happening was someone who just wanted to show that the people who screeched the live long day that they gave a crap about religious discrimination against gay people only actually cared about Christian discrimination about gay people. When Muslims did it, no big deal.

And what do I want to happen? I want a Christian baker to be able to say "no" to making a gay wedding cake, I want a gay baker to say "no" to a Donald Trump cake, I want a pacifist baker to say "no" to a military theme cake, and so on. If one bakery won't get money for making a cake, another more open minded one will - and I'd like for the people who claim to care about discrimination to just come clean and admit that they only care about it when it's groups they like.

Haven't spent much time on this issue. I was just shocked when there a was a *massive* uproar over the gay wedding cake/Christian baker thing because, all of the sudden, people mysteriously gave a shit en masse. What a mystery that was!...

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/

Multiple Muslim bakeries refusing to bake cake for a gay wedding - yet, mysteriously, no protests, no calls for legal action..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-leader-denied-shoprite-cake-article-1.358050

Little boy named Adolf Hitler Campbell was denied a cake with his name on it because it offended the people making the cake, presumably.

The only people who "gave a crap" about the first thing happening was someone who just wanted to show that the people who screeched the live long day that they gave a crap about religious discrimination against gay people only actually cared about Christian discrimination about gay people. When Muslims did it, no big deal.

And what do I want to happen? I want a Christian baker to be able to say "no" to making a gay wedding cake, I want a gay baker to say "no" to a Donald Trump cake, I want a pacifist baker to say "no" to a military theme cake, and so on. If one bakery won't get money for making a cake, another more open minded one will - and I'd like for the people who claim to care about discrimination to just come clean and admit that they only care about it when it's groups they like.

Haven't spent much time on this issue. I was just shocked when there a was a *massive* uproar over the gay wedding cake/Christian baker thing because, all of the sudden, people mysteriously gave a shit en masse. What a mystery that was!...

Okay fair enough. Would it be okay with you for someone to choose to not serve blacks or jews?

As far as a "massive uproar" I was not aware there was one except on this board with the right wingnutts.

Okay fair enough. Would it be okay with you for someone to choose to not serve blacks or jews?

As far as a "massive uproar" I was not aware there was one except on this board with the right wingnutts.
... Dude... Did you not follow this whole thing at all?

"Aaron Klein and his wife Melissa, co-owners of the now-closed Sweet Cakes by Melissa shop in Gresham, Ore., paid out more than $135,000 in damages to the lesbian couple they refused to bake a wedding cake for in January 2013."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...k-refusing-gay-wedding-cake-article-1.2479452

It made headlines on pretty much every major news source in the U.S. - but a group of Muslim bakeries refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding didn't even get noticed.

Well, I'll answer your question this way. In a continuation of "If one bakery won't get money for making a cake, another more open minded one will" if you were to ask me "Would it be okay with you for someone to choose to not serve whites?" I would say "yes - as long as the service was not then unavailable to the person at large and they had another bakery that would provide the service." Frankly, I'd probably exercise my right to not do business with an establishment that took a hard line stance like this without a very good reason, but I would not expect a bakery that didn't want to serve whites to serve them. Now, go on, get on your high horse and start preaching... I'm the real enemy here, obviously.

This is a excellent book.

Editorial Reviews
About the Author

Professor Thomas E. Woods Jr. is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, as well as The Church Confronts Modernity: Catholic Intellectuals and the Progressive Era and The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy. He holds four Ivy League degrees, including an AB from Harvard and a PhD from Columbia. He teaches courses in Western civilization, is the associate editor of the Latin Massmagazine, and is a prolific essayist on historical subjects. He lives with his family in Coram, New York.

--This text refers to the Preloaded Digital Audio Player edition.

From AudioFile
The author attempts to dispel the stereotype of the Christian Church in the Middle Ages as being an institution of "corruption, ignorance, repression, and stagnation." His examples include the Church's involvement in the preservation of literature, the support of art and architecture, the revival of codified law, the advancement of science, and the invention of charity. Barrett Whitener uses subtle inflection and frequent variation in his intonation to keep the listener engaged with the stodgy rhetoric; his pauses and changes of tone make the author's punctuation easy to discern. Whitener reads without haste, and his deep voice further adds to the pleasure of learning how popular prejudice has deceived us by ignoring the facts. J.A.H. © AudioFile 2006, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine --This text refers to the Preloaded Digital Audio Player edition.

I'm going to watch that video. It looks interesting.

Cardinal Sarah: The new revolutionaries are trying to destroy the Christian family

“Who will rise today for God?” the cardinal asked. “Who will dare to confront the modern persecutors of the Church? Who will have the courage to rise up without any weapons other than the rosary and the Sacred Heart, to face the columns of death of our time?”
These modern “columns of death”, the cardinal explained, were “relativism, indifferentism and contempt for God”.

“Once again today, more than ever, revolutionary ideologists want to annihilate the natural place of self-giving, joyful generosity and of love. I want to talk about the family! Gender ideology, and contempt for fertility and fidelity are the many slogans of this revolution.”

“Today in the East, Pakistan and Africa, our Christian brothers die for their faith, crushed by the pillars of persecuting Islamism. And you, people of France, you, people of Vendée, when will you rise with the peaceful weapons of prayer and charity to defend your faith?

“My friends, the blood of martyrs flows in your veins, be faithful to it! We are all spiritually sons of la Vendée martyre!”

20160517T1146-3439-CNS-CATHOLIC-PRAYER-BREAKFAST-800x500.jpg

The progressive left wants to destroy traditional ideals, what it means to be a real man, and what it means to be a real woman. The progressive left hates Christianity but somehow has decided to praise Islam, the most dangerous religion in the world today. Sexual disorder and sexual immorality is promoted as good. Hard work and accomplishments are described as "privelege."

Much of this stuff is what is promoted on college campuses according to Jordan Peterson and others. What once was good is now somehow considered intolerant by the left.
giphy.gif

Back