The bigotry of the progressive left | Page 4

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by FrontNakedChoke, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Lucifer Alpha
    They talk about white people the same way Hitler spoke about the Jews.

2. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    There is a lot of talk in progressive circles about "dehumanizing the other" and that is exactly what progressives do to the people they disagree with. They dehumanize the other by using words like white privilege, racist, Nazi, Islamophobic, homophobic and so on. The process of dehumanization gives the progressive a license to humiliate, alienate and impose physical harm against those whom challenge their ideology.

[​IMG]

FrontNakedChoke likes this.
  3. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    Amazing. Simply amazing where political correctness has led.

4. KILL KILL Gold Belt

KILL KILL
    Sounds a lot like a thin skinned president I know.

5. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    From what I gather, and personal experience, most north americans aren't taught much about countries east of Austria. And that leads to thinking of Europe in terms of the western countries mostly, with only a moments thought given to the rest, and kinda sorta European states. That's changing somewhat with the V4s resistance to accepting migrants.

V-2 likes this.
  6. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Lucifer Alpha
    It's like these people have a spidey sense for virtue signalling.

7. V-2 C19H28O2‎

V-2
    Yeah, I had intended to delve into that a little bit eventually in the ~ Western Culture ~ appreciation thread I started last week, but it was inexplicably dumped by the SD Mod team within only a few hours of being up. Very lame move, and it's easily Mayberry worthy material if they felt it wasn't WR appropriate.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/western-culture.3615955/

Bald1 likes this.
  8. unimackpass Purple Belt

unimackpass
    This is a excellent book.

Editorial Reviews
    About the Author

Professor Thomas E. Woods Jr. is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, as well as The Church Confronts Modernity: Catholic Intellectuals and the Progressive Era and The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy. He holds four Ivy League degrees, including an AB from Harvard and a PhD from Columbia. He teaches courses in Western civilization, is the associate editor of the Latin Massmagazine, and is a prolific essayist on historical subjects. He lives with his family in Coram, New York.

--This text refers to the Preloaded Digital Audio Player edition.

From AudioFile
    The author attempts to dispel the stereotype of the Christian Church in the Middle Ages as being an institution of "corruption, ignorance, repression, and stagnation." His examples include the Church's involvement in the preservation of literature, the support of art and architecture, the revival of codified law, the advancement of science, and the invention of charity. Barrett Whitener uses subtle inflection and frequent variation in his intonation to keep the listener engaged with the stodgy rhetoric; his pauses and changes of tone make the author's punctuation easy to discern. Whitener reads without haste, and his deep voice further adds to the pleasure of learning how popular prejudice has deceived us by ignoring the facts. J.A.H. © AudioFile 2006, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine --This text refers to the Preloaded Digital Audio Player edition.

Devout Pessimist likes this.
  9. Bald1 War Room Can

Bald1
    It's complete bullshit that it got dumped. Appreciating one thing does not mean disparaging others.

Having said that, I did just that in that thread. Or did I just tell the truth? To some they're one and the same.

V-2 likes this.
  10. V-2 C19H28O2‎

V-2
    It's a fair question, and it wasn't intended to disparage others at all but I can honestly say that probably no more than three or four years ago ideas of things like ethnic and cultural pride hardly even crawled into my head; of course it was inherently there but not often any desire to really display it. The political climate has seemingly swung so drastically within such a short period of time - including the migrant crisis and open border policy - that my reactions have been instinctive and impulsive.

As said before, when the "German Cultural Council" doesn't feel it necessary to lay out in very clear terms that German customs and culture ought to be at the core and lead of the country of Germany and openly express skepticism that such a thing even exists? Yeah, I'm inclined to believe it's being deliberately attacked, degraded and eroded by treacherous bureaucrats. How people can get on board with this sort of rhetoric lacking any sort of logic or foresight to where it leads is of great frustration. I can't and won't ever adopt such a self-loathing and defeatist mindset.

Bald1 likes this.
  11. CauseImbetta No good or evil, just strength or weakness

CauseImbetta
    And they get away with it because they are the left. Unbelievable. ANTIFA should be on the terror watch.

12. Space Yellow Card

Space
    FrontNakedChoke and CauseImbetta like this.
  13. CauseImbetta No good or evil, just strength or weakness

CauseImbetta
  14. HomeCheese Brown Belt

HomeCheese
    Lol! Are there really "many videos of Muslim bakers refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding"? If there are videos of this posted on the internet I'm guessing they are there because someone gave a crap. But seriously, have you spent a lot of time researching this issue?

You ask a lot of questions and pose some hardly likely scenarios, why don't you tell us what you want to have happen.

15. ehtheist #FreeBanchan

ehtheist

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/

Multiple Muslim bakeries refusing to bake cake for a gay wedding - yet, mysteriously, no protests, no calls for legal action..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-leader-denied-shoprite-cake-article-1.358050

Little boy named Adolf Hitler Campbell was denied a cake with his name on it because it offended the people making the cake, presumably.

The only people who "gave a crap" about the first thing happening was someone who just wanted to show that the people who screeched the live long day that they gave a crap about religious discrimination against gay people only actually cared about Christian discrimination about gay people. When Muslims did it, no big deal.

And what do I want to happen? I want a Christian baker to be able to say "no" to making a gay wedding cake, I want a gay baker to say "no" to a Donald Trump cake, I want a pacifist baker to say "no" to a military theme cake, and so on. If one bakery won't get money for making a cake, another more open minded one will - and I'd like for the people who claim to care about discrimination to just come clean and admit that they only care about it when it's groups they like.

Haven't spent much time on this issue. I was just shocked when there a was a *massive* uproar over the gay wedding cake/Christian baker thing because, all of the sudden, people mysteriously gave a shit en masse. What a mystery that was!...

Bald1 likes this.
  16. HomeCheese Brown Belt

HomeCheese
    Okay fair enough. Would it be okay with you for someone to choose to not serve blacks or jews?

As far as a "massive uproar" I was not aware there was one except on this board with the right wingnutts.

17. ehtheist #FreeBanchan

ehtheist
    ... Dude... Did you not follow this whole thing at all?

"Aaron Klein and his wife Melissa, co-owners of the now-closed Sweet Cakes by Melissa shop in Gresham, Ore., paid out more than $135,000 in damages to the lesbian couple they refused to bake a wedding cake for in January 2013."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...k-refusing-gay-wedding-cake-article-1.2479452

It made headlines on pretty much every major news source in the U.S. - but a group of Muslim bakeries refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding didn't even get noticed.

Well, I'll answer your question this way. In a continuation of "If one bakery won't get money for making a cake, another more open minded one will" if you were to ask me "Would it be okay with you for someone to choose to not serve whites?" I would say "yes - as long as the service was not then unavailable to the person at large and they had another bakery that would provide the service." Frankly, I'd probably exercise my right to not do business with an establishment that took a hard line stance like this without a very good reason, but I would not expect a bakery that didn't want to serve whites to serve them. Now, go on, get on your high horse and start preaching... I'm the real enemy here, obviously.

18. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Lucifer Alpha
    How much blow did he do before that rant?

19. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    I'm going to watch that video. It looks interesting.

Cardinal Sarah: The new revolutionaries are trying to destroy the Christian family

“Who will rise today for God?” the cardinal asked. “Who will dare to confront the modern persecutors of the Church? Who will have the courage to rise up without any weapons other than the rosary and the Sacred Heart, to face the columns of death of our time?”
    These modern “columns of death”, the cardinal explained, were “relativism, indifferentism and contempt for God”.

“Once again today, more than ever, revolutionary ideologists want to annihilate the natural place of self-giving, joyful generosity and of love. I want to talk about the family! Gender ideology, and contempt for fertility and fidelity are the many slogans of this revolution.”

“Today in the East, Pakistan and Africa, our Christian brothers die for their faith, crushed by the pillars of persecuting Islamism. And you, people of France, you, people of Vendée, when will you rise with the peaceful weapons of prayer and charity to defend your faith?

“My friends, the blood of martyrs flows in your veins, be faithful to it! We are all spiritually sons of la Vendée martyre!”

[​IMG]

FrontNakedChoke and unimackpass like this.
  20. 9mmafan Double Yellow Card

9mmafan
    [​IMG]