The biggest underachiever in the History of MMA is?

scarier outside the cage than within it. He would have lost to the rising middleweights of his day- Lombard, Dennis Kang, Sobral. Let alone champions like Hendo and Mousasi.
Babalu was historically more of a LHW (HW in Rings though)...

How is BJ penn not listed?

Yes he achieved a lot but nothing compared to wat he could have with discipline. Coulda been GOAT over all. Y'all need to read how he shitcanned world famous coaches because they worked BJ too hard.

BJ is ultimate underachiever. All the talent in the world and just didnt want to work hard.

This is definition of underachiever. Not someone who you think has talent and still puts in work and fails.

Alex is #2. Better than Fedor in every way - faster, bigger, stronger yet lazy/criminal/druggie.

Last edited:
scarier outside the cage than within it. He would have lost to the rising middleweights of his day- Lombard, Dennis Kang, Sobral. Let alone champions like Hendo and Mousasi.

Yeah I'm not saying he's the right answer here, only that he should be at least brought up. The problem is that we'll never know what would happen in the matchups you named because he obviously was (is) a criminal. If he had dedicated half as much time to his fighting game than to robbing banks it would have been interesting to see how far that speed would have gotten him.

Off the top of my head: Roger Huerta, Melvin Guillard, Uriah Hall, Chris Lytle, TJ Grant, Kevin Randleman, BJ Penn, Sakuraba. Yes, that's right, Penn and Sakuraba. They both fought bigger guys much of their careers which added to their legacies but it also detracted from them too.

Yes he achieved a lot but nothing compared to wat he could have with discipline. Coulda been GOAT over all. Y'all need to read how he shitcanned world famous coaches because they worked BJ too hard.

BJ is ultimate underachiever. All the talent in the world and just didnt want to work hard.

This is definition of underachiever. Not someone who you think has talent and still puts in work and fails.

Alex is #2. Better than Fedor in every way - faster, bigger, stronger yet lazy/criminal/druggie.
Aleks wasnt on the same level grappling-wise (see their transitions [or lack of] on the ground...

Anthony Rumble Johnson.

Ungodly power, wrestling base, ran thru the UFC LHW division including first round destructions of current UFC title challenge Gus and current Bellator LHW champ Bader.

He was a goddamn monster and could have been in even better with more commitment and drive.

Struve?

Black Beast is fighting for the HW belt so Struve should get a mention here lol

Brendan Schaub.

A level athlete with KO power and sick jitz.

OSP? The guy is one of the most athletic guys i've seen, good chin too, just needed better coaching.

For me it will always be Todd duffee.
Monster HW with tons of hype, enters the UFC and immediately sets the KO record. Then gets starched in his next bout. Not the end of the world for a HW but thenwhat happened? He goes and gets KOd by UberReem and dissappears?

dont think aleks grappling was ever better than fedors but his striking and physical tools were definitely there. not as explosive as fedor either. good idea to mention him tho.

Uriah Hall?
Melvin Guillard?
Brendan Thatch?
Brandon Vera?
Roger Huerta?
Todd Duffee?
Michael McDonald?
Phillip Nover?
Cro Crop? (Strictly his UFC run. Don’t go crazy PRIDE fans)
Shane Carwin? ( Did well. But didn’t stick around too long)
Abu Schaubi ( remember the Souless one had a lot of hype before the Nog KO)
Jake Ellenberger?
TJ Grant?

Edit: My pick is McDonald. I thought he would be a long term Bantamweight champion even after the Barao loss. He looked good enough in that fight at such a young age that I thought in a few yrs he would be dominating everyone.

Somone else?
I was going to say Erick Silva but then I saw Philip Nover and had to change my mind.

For a hybrid of Anderson Silva and GSP he was pretty damn underwhelming, lol.

A bunch of good pics around.

Since I didn't see him mentioned yet, I'll go with "Krazy Horse" Bennett
Insane athleticism, KO power, but his gameplans were mostly: "I'll go in there and punch that guy"

Has one reallly wondering what such a guy could have done if he was less "krazy"

Aleks wasnt on the same level grappling-wise (see their transitions [or lack of] on the ground...

dont think aleks grappling was ever better than fedors but his striking and physical tools were definitely there. not as explosive as fedor either. good idea to mention him tho.
Also, his striking wasn't really that much better.
fedor+head+movement+big+gif.gif

Also, his striking wasn't really that much better.
fedor+head+movement+big+gif.gif
Yeah, it was pretty much just his physical tools like his size and hand speed. Technically he wasn’t better than fedor in any major areas. Obviously that may be from the lack of discipline

Uriah Hall?
Melvin Guillard?
Brendan Thatch?
Brandon Vera?
Roger Huerta?
Todd Duffee?
Michael McDonald?
Phillip Nover?
Cro Crop? (Strictly his UFC run. Don’t go crazy PRIDE fans)
Shane Carwin? ( Did well. But didn’t stick around too long)
Abu Schaubi ( remember the Souless one had a lot of hype before the Nog KO)
Jake Ellenberger?
TJ Grant?

Edit: My pick is McDonald. I thought he would be a long term Bantamweight champion even after the Barao loss. He looked good enough in that fight at such a young age that I thought in a few yrs he would be dominating everyone.

Somone else?
you pretty much listed all of them!

Back