The biggest underachiever in the History of MMA is?

I, too, didn't understand very well what happened to Ellenberger.
Edmond happened, no idea what it is but after training with that guy fighters seem to lose their killer instinct and try to be "technical"
actually maybe it was steroids. since USADA he's been 2-9, Before that he was 8-2

Edmond happened, no idea what it is but after training with that guy fighters seem to lose their killer instinct and try to be "technical"
actually maybe it was steroids. since USADA he's been 2-9, Before that he was 8-2
IVs?

Vera and Kang.

both were skilled and talented but mentally just couldnt sustain things and fell apart real fast.

Vera and Kang.

both were skilled and talented but mentally just couldnt sustain things and fell apart real fast.
oh yeah Kang is a very good choice , I had high hopes for him

BJ Penn should have done more than he did with his talent.

Well if we're going to take BJ and Carwin as underachieving the most obvious answer is Cain, he had the potential to be the all time goat and fell well short. Hendricks to after a war with gsp looked like a guy who could be a dominant champion. The Machida Era didn't last long either.

Hector Lombard.
Never thought i would see Lombard lose 6 in a row, and be winless in his last 7. A big disappointment
in the UFC. I thought he would still have a decent run, even if he never touched the MW title in the UFC.

a44i3485.jpg
....and it's not even close.

What about Jones? The endless potential and yet he was satisfied to run through LHW and call it a day. This guy could have held down HW at the same time if only he was focused.

Uriah Faber, never tasted UFC gold but I wouldn't rule it out, he's still the "The California Kid" so he still has time just like Erick Silva.

Probably not the biggest, but Roy Nelson comes to mind. Gracie black belt with an iron chin and one punch power. I just wonder how much better he could have been if he had been in good shape.

I think Steve Cantwell deserves to be mentioned in this thread.

Back