The Big Picture - Zuffa Boxing

MurrDawg

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Cutting through all of this I think there are probably a few of us that can see what is going on here. With the UFC looking for revenue streams to pay off that massive debt I see this as a way to set up "ZUFFA Boxing". I'm sure after all this is over we will see Paulie and Conor match up against each other and start this promotion in partners Macgregor Entertainment. It's all piecing together and will then allow UFC fighters who want to test their boxing skills and been outspoken about it to have their shot in the ring. This is all a big set up for the future promotion. IMG_4782.JPG

9v65qTpkQkKqbUYukVwj_Rocket%20Man%20Windy.gif

"Be happy you getting 2k/2k to prelim the premium level UFC boxing ya goof"

--Dana white

Well, if Reebok did the non-compete clause, I'm sure Zuffa could probably set up a boxing league tomorrow.

There have been plenty of startup boxing orgs that have come and gone over the years. The problem is all of the top boxing talent is owned by guys like King, Arum and De La Hoya. They would have to cross promote and profit share with the UFC which is pretty unlikely. There is a reason why there are dozens of boxing belts from different orgs currently in place.

White know boxing and he would likely recommend staying clear of something that they can't get top talent from.

Bump..
With Dana "saying" Conor has to fight by the end of March or vacate, and that Khabib vs Tony winner will then fight Conor. Plus, the biggest event the UFC took part in last year, was a boxing event with an MMA athlete in it.. One can reasonably begin to assume, Nate vs Conor 3, could happen St Patty's Day (March), in Ireland or even Boston, maybe NYC, in a boxing ring. In doing so, if Conor gets beat by Nate, the UFC protects Conor as the UFC LW Champ, for a future fight in possibly July (if Tony beats Khabib) at International Fight Week, or in Sep (if Khabib beats Tony) in Russia or LA, to unify the 155 belts. I say vs Nate, because it's the biggest "money fight", the UFC can do in terms of ppv numbers and marketability, mma or boxing, beside a Conor vs GSP mma match.. which isn't going to ever happen.

If the boxing match were in Ireland, the ppv card could reasonably be:
Nate vs Conor 3 main event
Bisping vs Masvidal co-main
Mendes vs Artem
Duffy vs CVH

If the boxing match were in Boston or NY, the ppv card could reasonably be:
Nate vs Conor 3
Rumble vs Ngannou
Cody vs Choi
Cruz vs Cub

Then Zuffa/UFC boxing, has future fights like Stipe vs Rumble, Nick Diaz vs Bisping, Nick Diaz vs Masvidal, Nate vs Holloway, Nate vs Masvidal, Mendes vs TJ, Edgar vs TJ, DJ vs Edgar, Edgar vs Cejudo, Cody vs Cub, Cub vs Johnson, Aldo vs Johnson, Choi vs Cruz..

Say they do 3-4 ppv boxing events a year, plus add in some young prospect boxers and a few older boxers who have said they would box a mma athlete if the situation was right.. like Zab, Berto, Mayfield, Gervonta, Lomachenko, Garcia, GGG, Porter, etc.. like Paulie vs Conor, Roy Jones Jr vs Anderson Silva or Ngannou vs Fury, and the Duffy vs CVH fight I listed earlier for Ireland.

Though, I don't think the Zuffa Boxing model would work for the fighter per say, nor the company in the long run, because it would limit their current mma fighters to only take boxing fights under the Zuffa banner. Plus boxers and mma athletes under contract with a conflicting promotion, would limit who would be able to fight under the Zuffa Boxing banner, unless the UFC cross promotes. Which is a huge question mark if they do so..

Back