The Big Four

Which band is best

• Total voters
Just one vote for Anthrax? Out of the big 4, I'll say they have the best singer in John Bush.

So you played for a couple of bands? What instrument? The reason I ask is because I really want to learn how to play the guitar...I'm 30 so I don't want to try and become a rockstar or anything, but I do think it would be awesome to just play.

Guitar. I'm more rhythm than lead tho. You're never too old to learn something new, so I say go for it as far as learning goes. I don't play with anyone anymore for the most part (aside from the very occasional invite to a friends place to jam, which I turn down half the time now anyways lol), but I still jam out at home on my own. It's just a hobby now at this point and something to help get my mind off things.

Lol, I know close to nothing about this genre, so I have to vote for the Band I know the most out of these, Metallica.
And this is why Metalica wins polls, albums sales and ticket sales. Casual appeal.

Hey, man. To be fair, this is what Slayer looked like in their early years.

429706c0be74a8d571df3c1eec37ff8e--jeff-hanneman-thrash-metal.jpg

They looked like a carbon copy of Journey. Hell, even Mustaine told Kerry King to ditch "those poseurs" and makeup and all and join a real thrash metal band.
True

Every time I feel pissed off at the world I listen to this song and I feel a little better:

This is also one of my top 3 Megadeth songs.

Written right after Dave found out about Cliff's death.

Metal and just rock in general will always be my favorite music...it's funny because I didn't give a shit about rock until I was 15 years old ( being Mexican and raised around gangsters in Cali) but once I started paying attention and listening I got addicted fast. I started off with Korn and I thought that they would be my favorite band forever but man was I wrong.

Now that I'm 30 I still find all kinds of awesome metal treasures and I absolutely love it! And Metal fans I find are the most awesome and most passionate and loyal fans that I have ever witnessed.

Metal till I die!!!!
Let me bridge those two worlds for you

Back