the Best Videogame Console you ever played?

PS2/PS3. PS3 might have gotten off to a slow start, but was kicking ass towards the end there. Hopefully PS4 follows the same track...

Megadrive, PS1, PS2, Xbox, N64. Can't rank them, though.

Had a sexy Analogue NT
analoguent.jpg

Sold it a couple months ago for a few thousand and preordered an AVS for $185. Just got it a few days ago. It's less sexy but more or less just as good or better than the Analogue NT.

Retrousb-avs-nes-black-angle.jpg

Sexy, crisp as fuck HD output. (click on image)
avsnesmegaman+14.jpg

Ps1 then the original gameboy. Traveled a lot as a kid and that thing was a huge part of my childhood

That's a really tough question but I'd probably say PS3. Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Grand Theft auto 4 and 5...I could go on and on but it all my years of gaming I may have put more hours into PS3 than any other system.

I am NOT surprised that no one has mentioned Sega Genesis.

Its debatable about the sporting games be OK but when graphics and sound are put side by side with SNES there is no wonder why it gets overshadowed.

Not to mention that shitty controller it came with.

Don't know about that. Graphics on the SNES were marginaly better and both consoles had sound chips with different characteristics that boils down to personal opinion. Crudely speaking, the SNES handled chord-like melodies better while the Genesis had better percussion instruments sounds. The SNES had scaling and rotation effects but also had a serious slow down problem when too many objects were on screen.

But the SNES was more succesful not because of it's hardware but because of it's established name and franchises. The Genesis was released two years earlier and most NES gamers only made the jump to 16-bit with the SNES.

Probably the 3ds. Never had a DS, so the combined library is completely bonkers, I like the form factor, and it makes me not want to kill myself on my commute.

Had a sexy Analogue NT
analoguent.jpg

Sold it a couple months ago for a few thousand and preordered an AVS for $185. Just got it a few days ago. It's less sexy but more or less just as good or better than the Analogue NT.

avsnesmegaman+14.jpg
Almost went and got one of the wooden consolized mvs systems analogue made, but I came to my senses. A thousand+ for the system and anywhere from 100 to a couple thousand for games is a bit much, especially when I got a complete romset.
Fucking sexy console though.
5IVhfB.jpg

Last edited:
Super Nintendo, PS1, and PS2. The jokes they call consoles nowadays....

Had a sexy Analogue NT
analoguent.jpg

avsnesmegaman+14.jpg
Have you played any of the Retro USB's original 8-bit games? They are like $45, and I am looking for a review before I invest.

Have you played any of the Retro USB's original 8-bit games? They are like $45, and I am looking for a review before I invest.
Not many. I have a lot of the 8-bit xmas games, but mainly just for collecting. You can probably find better info on nintendoage forums.

It's the XB1, but if we're going for Nostalgia I'm going to have to say NES.

Back