the Best Videogame Console you ever played?

Fighting games sure seem like they did.
Some games like Bayonetta ran like absolute ass on PS3. Basically any game running Unreal 3 technology was better on 360.

Never heard that one before.

PS3 had better hardware, and the games were better optimized to consoles more often than less.
The hardware for the PS3 was more difficult to program for so there were a few instances of bad ports.

The exclusives shat on the 360 from a performance standpoint but multiplat games were generally even with the 360 sometimes getting the better port.

Throwing out nostalgia the answer is the PSone. Going from cartridges to cds was a game changer. I still remember where I was when I saw that first zombie in RE 1, dog jumping through the interrogation room in RE 2, and watching Aeris get killed in FF7. The PSone had it all. That was my peak as a gamer.

I will be in the vast minority here, but Sega CD.

It was around in the days of Genesis and Super Nintendo. The good games were rare, but I loved them -- Lunar Silver Star Story, Final Fight CD, Shining Force, and Snatcher were four games that I just loved playing on Sega CD.

But all things consiidered, the right answer is probably PS1 or 2.

Never heard that one before.

PS3 had better hardware, and the games were better optimized to consoles more often than less.
You've seriously never heard that before? The PS3 had more powerful hardware but was much more difficult to develop for.

3 way tie between the PS2, Dreamcast, and N64.

3 way tie between the PS2, Dreamcast, and N64.

Dreamcast was a good system. But for some reason it stopped being supported in the US (to this day I'm not sure why). It lived a long life in Japan though.

N64 by far. 4 man golden eye, Mario golf, Mario Kart with my friends after a long afternoon of riding bikes and backyard football was some of my best memories.

Dreamcast was a good system. But for some reason it stopped being supported in the US (to this day I'm not sure why). It lived a long life in Japan though.

I believe Sega decided it was better for business to just focus on games. Dreamcast was indeed very good, but it didn't fly off the rack in the North America. I think a lot of it's Japan support was like indie developers too.

I am NOT surprised that no one has mentioned Sega Genesis.

Its debatable about the sporting games be OK but when graphics and sound are put side by side with SNES there is no wonder why it gets overshadowed.

Not to mention that shitty controller it came with.

I owned and played on so many systems as a kid its too hard to choose so none are a distant second but I'd have to say from best to least with favorite app would be...

Playstation 1- WWF Smackdown 2/Tenchu

N64- Golden Eye/ WWF No Mercy

Dreamcast- Jet Grind Radio

PS2- tekken 5/WWF Shut Your Mouth

Xbox- Halo/Halo 2/Jet Set Radio Future

Xbox 360- Halo Reach

PS3- Battlefield Bad Company 2

Sega Genesis- Streets of Rage 2&3

My console history stops at the PS3 / XBOX 360 era.

I bought like 40 bootleg games in Thailand for XBOX 360. But they all stopped working due to some kind of "update needed". And my system got banned from online updates since it was modded. That pissed me off quite a bit. (I tried the whole "ghost disk update" but just couldn't figure it out)

So I played PS3 and beat GOW3 and Infamous. Then focused on online college. Haven't been back to the console world since.

Last edited:
That's a tough one depending on your age and where you've been. As a kid the Atari and then the NES were like a whole new world. HS had the SNES which was sweet but that ultimately took a backseat to actual backseats {<redford}<{jackyeah}>lol. But then I joined the military and anyone who has ever been in the military will tell you, there a lot of video games especially if you've spent time overseas <cheer>. Those years were the PS--Gameday was the shit, N64, Dreamcast--NBA 2K was the shit, Xbox--Halo was the shit, and the PS2 which were ALL the shit in their own way. Now it's boiled down to Microsoft or Sony, so take your pic.

Playstation 2 probably, from the game library, to the console design, to the loud deafening sound of the boot up at 2am in the morning.

Obviously biased but N64. Most of my childhood/early teens were spent playing its games. Nintendo DS is a distant second place, it's been over 10 years since its release and I still play and buy games for it.

Back