The best qb in the 2018 NFL draft who do you pick of these 8 guys?

If the Browns take Baker then they must think his ceiling is in the Drew Brees range. Because Baker is not the athlete that R. Wilson is. Drew is small but has deadly accuracy and has amazing anticipation. If Baker is willing to work as hard as Brees he could be great, but he seems like a douche. He didn't even try to learn the Chargers plays they wanted him to study. That might be a sign he just doesn't have the mentality of a great player, and is a bit lazy and immature.

I'd rather draft the high IQ football nerd who is obsessed with learning everything.

If the Browns take Baker then they must think his ceiling is in the Drew Brees range. Because Baker is not the athlete that R. Wilson is. Drew is small but has deadly accuracy and has amazing anticipation. If Baker is willing to work as hard as Brees he could be great, but he seems like a douche. He didn't even try to learn the Chargers plays they wanted him to study. That might be a sign he just doesn't have the mentality of a great player, and is a bit lazy and immature.

I'd rather draft the high IQ football nerd who is obsessed with learning everything.

Drew Brees was very accurate at Purdue. I remember him being ridiculously good. The only negative he had going into the draft was his height. His QB IQ in college seemed to be off the charts IMHO. Growing up in the era of Miami's pro style offenses beginning to dominate teams in college football I can remember saying to myself that Drew Brees was much more of an NFL ready QB than any of the Miami QBs.

Drew Brees was very accurate at Purdue. I remember him being ridiculously good. The only negative he had going into the draft was his height. His QB IQ in college seemed to be off the charts IMHO. Growing up in the era of Miami's pro style offenses beginning to dominate teams in college football I can remember saying to myself that Drew Brees was much more of an NFL ready QB than any of the Miami QBs.

Brees is so good when I watch him he seems like a robot. As Goldie would say, "his precision is precise." Brees is crazy. He is a workaholic.

Will Baker Mayfield ever inspire a retirement speech like that? That is why drafting a QB with a good work ethic and good attitude is paramount. I mean, holy shit that dude loves Drew. He would take a bullet for him. Baker might get shitfaced and fuck his wife. lmao

Man you called it

Ill have to say this is probably the most interesting QB class in a while, I wanna see how the top dogs do, Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar, Allen

Lmfao at this post.

“Baker is not the athlete Russel Wilson is” - Aka Baker isn’t black.

“Baker needs to work as hard as Brees”(aka brees is only good cuz his white man work ethic)

Who does this look more like, Rustle or Brees?

915f5330-59be-11e5-9ce1-fb8e5df1638a_baker.gif

MayfieldRun.gif

bakerblock.0.gif

1*8l85tuabpX6Y9SAuHhuJAw.gif

Gayfield
Darnold
Rosen
Lamar
Rudolph

Allen

Mayfield is a fucking stud, his only knock is that he’s not as tall as your prototypical qb. That rose bowl was one of the best games I’ve ever seen. Look at all the things he does. Throws accurately, inside and outside the pocket, quick release, throws on the run, throws downfield, looks off defenders, let’s plays develop, scrambles, good play fake, can throw with defenders in his face, can throw side arm.. hell he even catches a touchdown in this game lol. Hopefully the browns don’t fuck this up.

Last edited:
Lmfao at this post.

“Baker needs to work as hard as Brees”(aka brees is only good cuz his white man work ethic)

MayfieldRun.gif

bakerblock.0.gif

Wilson is a wizard and is way more elusive and much faster than Baker. Wilson ran a 4.55 and your boy Baker ran a 4.81.

Wilson is significantly more athletic.

Andrew Luck is 6'4" and ran a 4.59............... lmao, he is almost 240 pounds too.

Baker will not outrun guys with NFL speed. He isn't even as athletic as Jonnnny football.

Wilson is a wizard and is way more elusive and much faster than Baker. Wilson ran a 4.55 and your boy Baker ran a 4.81.

Andrew Luck is 6'4" and ran a 4.59............... lmao, he is almost 240 pounds too.

Baker will not outrun guys with NFL speed. He isn't even as athletic as Jonnnny football.

Johnny football was a lazy coked out junkie. Don’t even mention that can in the same sentence as GOATfield

Lmfao at this post.

MayfieldRun.gif

bakerblock.0.gif

Poor mans Keenum

If 40 times were the end all be all Al Davis woulda looked like a genius

Rosen gonna make RG3 look like Iron Man.

Maybe, but I think Rosen can have a nice career with an elite 3 down back like David Johnson on his side. They just need to focus on that o-line and get another WR since Fitz won’t last for too many more seasons.

Could anything be more overrated than a 'big arm' when evaluating a QB? The most important thing for NFL QB success is football IQ and attitude. Look at Tom Brady and P. Manning. They are both pretty horrible athletes. Neither guy could ever really move around. Both of them have average arms. But both had the right attitude for success. Same with Drew Brees. All of those guys are workaholic obsessed perfectionists. That is who you want to draft, as long as they also can throw an accurate ball.

Who cares that Josh Allen is huge, strong and has a massive arm. None of that really matters if he isn't accurate. And Baker? He could be the next R. Wilson, but he is immature and maybe he wont be a good leader.

Darnold seems to be the safest pick. He is a hard working guy who is boring. He says all the right things. He is a natural leader. His turnovers should be fixed fairly easily. However, I would probably take Rosen and pray he is durable. He seems to have the highest ceiling. His attitude problems are overblown.

For me it is Rosen > Sam > Baker > ???

Both of Brady and Manning have decent arms. Same with Brees. If you want to talk about medicore arms but smart quarterbacks, you have to talk about Brad Johnson, Case Keenum, Alex Smith. Some of these guys you list as having weak arms but they make up for it with great mechanics. Cutler could throw bombs off of his back foot that Brees would have to put his body into. Being a Vikings fan I have seen first hand what a good and bad arm is and what you get with it. Jeff George, Cunningham, and Culpepper all could stretch the field and keep the defense honest. With Johnson and Keenum, you had possession qb's that could win you games but you would be up shits creek if you ever fell behind enough that the defense knew you had to pass. A qb without a long ball doesn't open up the field for your short passing or running game or give you a chance to comeback in a game after you fall behind.

I swear this is all due to the dorky image of Montana, Manning, and Brady. People start associating smarts with their arm must be shitty cause they are dorks. Montana's arm was bad but there are a whole host of qb's that had very good seasons without being flee flicker dorks.

Back