The best qb in the 2018 NFL draft who do you pick of these 8 guys?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by TidWell, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Ryan leaf had great mechanics and a quick release too.

Brady had shit mechanics and a shit release.

2. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

lol please don't compare Rosen to Leaf, also Brady is the exception, anyone who judged him off his combine ate crow, in game competition is what matters, Brady shined in tough situations. and his composure was top notch in college similar to Rosen.

funny you compare Rosen to Leaf, but not Peyton Manning who Rosen is more similar too. Leaf wasnt high IQ he was a hot head, Rosen is closer to Peyton than Leaf.

3. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

You obviously don't see many of my posts around here.

I've wished death on Hundley and Barr multiple times here.

4. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

yeah man you hate UCLA I can see that

5. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

I read that article yesterday actually. I dont really think they offered much outside of a reaching attempt to discredit him. There are zero metrics and zero comparisons to his peers. He just uses a couple plays that he didnt care for to write an article on an incredible total body of work.

Sure, there are guys like Mayfield who cant make the transition. But theres also a ton of guys who get drafted because they can throw far and are tall.

Imo, accuracy and playing well are hilariously more important than their size and whether they can throw the ball 80 yards.

I think that QB height has gotten as overrated as WR 40 times. If the guy was 5’9” and 180lbs then ok we have a problem, but hes not small. Mayfield measured just shy of 6’1” at the combine. Hes right there with Brees, Rodgers, Tyrod, etc.

lifelessheap and TidWell like this.
  6. El anciano

El anciano Green Belt

Lamar Jackson is easily the class of the draft. Unfortunately because of his color he is being devalued.

I tell you, if i were a team with poor to average qb play, i jump all over him and sign Kaepernick too. Similar abilities and Jackson can learn how to be a better player and man with Kaep as a mentor

7. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

It is absolute comedy how many of the Allen apologists are also Jackson critics. Mind boggling.

8. Makani

Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

I think it does have a bit of a racial element, but he is also a pretty raw talent. When it the last time a running QB got drafted and went on to great things? I guess Cam, but even he is getting worrisome with the injuries. I think Jackson with a 2nd round pick is a great gamble, but it is still a gamble. It's entirely possible his game doesn't transition when he's facing NFL defensive schemes and talent. That's an issue with all QB's, but I think coaches think they can compensate easier if the player is a more natural pocket passer, which Rosen and Darnold are. The biggest knock on Jackson is his accuracy, but he has home run potential.

I actually thought Cleveland should consider taking Barkley/Nelson and then Jackson with their next pick, but that plan can do wrong in a lot of ways.

9. TheTimeIsNotNow

TheTimeIsNotNow Black Belt

Guess I’ll post this in here too since it is more relevant

10. ens189

ens189 ELI-te Belt Platinum Member

Wtf lol. Chill out dude.

Egnuldt and TidWell like this.
  11. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen shouldn't be drafted in the first round at all, both of these guys have poor field IQ, Jackson has horrible placement he isn't good at gauging distance and space

Jackson is not going to do good in the NFL, probably will get injured from scrambling or running it.

Sam Darnold is the prototypical QB, but many times USC guys dont shine in the NFL, but if you go off his pro day this dude Darnold put himself head and shoulders, perfect spirals with speed during a downpour of rain.

the kid is legit, everyone else was throwing flappy balls, he was throwing some sharp rockets and well placed all with rain coming down.

12. Revolver

Revolver you sound poor Staff Member Senior Moderator

Rosen is the only qb in this class that throws with anticipation. He’s easily going to be the best qb from this draft.

TidWell likes this.
  13. ens189

ens189 ELI-te Belt Platinum Member

As a Giants fan I want Mayfield.

14. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

yup

You can just see the way he plays he will just get better and adjust, he doesn't buckle under pressure and is the best pure pocket passer in the draft

Sam Darnold is the prototypical QB, he can move, is strong, throws a rocket spiral, very good throwing mechanics almost always spirals the ball, good placement, but what I notice is he is too panicky he panics on the run, Rosen is just so relaxed, patient and composed always looking alert and analyzing.

The two worst are Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.

japman40 likes this.
  15. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

You think he will fit there?

16. NewbZor

NewbZor Brown Belt

Sam Darnold has pretty bad mechanics - Hitch in his throwing motion, pretty sure RW had the same coming out and has been able to shorten it. Here is a solid breakdown -

Also throwing a tight spiral is overrated. Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck both throw ducks and we know how good they are as passers. I think Darnold will be solid, just nitpicking your reasons

17. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Silver Belt

<{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}>

18. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

It will be hilarious if a guy like Falk ends up being the only HOFer out of this class.

19. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

Its possible

20. Easy The Great

Easy The Great A step below the top Yellow Card

Mayfield is fun to watch

Cake4Breakfast likes this.