The best fight for Arum to make is Lomachenko vs Pacquiao at 140 or catchweight

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lomahenko seems to have a good surge after his fight with rigo, terence crawford will ko pacquiao easy, and since pacquaio is pretty much done and arum is looking to cash him out for good to one of his younger guys, i think having lomachenko be the one to beat him would be good for business.

Loma has charisma to him, like when he called himself no mas chenko, crawford is kinda boring personality wise, and doesnt have much appeal, he is like a tim bradley type.

Pacquiao is only five foot five, and loma is around his height, this would be a good passing of the torch? I dont think pacquiao will have the ability to hurt loma or catch him.

Should it be lomachenko vs pacquiao on espn or espn ppv? If its on espn i think it would be huge big ratings and gets lomas name oit to the masses.

It will also be nice to see freddie roach get humbled after talking trash on lomachenko

just a mis match at this point tbh. I'd rather see Garcia at 135 but i see your point TS

Move up to lightweight and start fighting them two at a time.

Really, move up, beat the piss out of Gervonta Davis, just for giggles..... good start, then move up again and fight Garcia, Lipinetz, Barthelemy.

NOBODY at 130 has a fucking chance in hell. NOBODY @ 135 has much of a shot either IMHO.

Move up to lightweight and start fighting them two at a time.

Really, move up, beat the piss out of Gervonta Davis, just for giggles..... good start, then move up again and fight Garcia, Lipinetz, Barthelemy.

NOBODY at 130 has a fucking chance in hell. NOBODY @ 135 has much of a shot either IMHO.

I agree but the best thing to get Loma superstar status is for him to take a spectacle fight, similar to when Pac went up from 130 to fight Oscar at 147

Have Pac comedown to like 138 or 140 and Loma can beat him and go back down to 130 and clean house and then go to 135.

Once he destroys Pacquiao on ESPN in front of millions of people it will help his brand big time

Pac just got beat by a school teacher and his lifelong trainer called for him to retire publicly. Now he's looking for a joke fight against an MMA guy who is 0 and 1 in boxing and got knocked out by a retired fighter.

There is no reason for Loma to fight Pacman. His name is meaningless at this point. It would probably just turn fans against him like when De La Hoya fought Chavez. To this day he still says it was the biggest mistake of his entire career because people never forgave him for doing it. Crushing legends that should have been retired is not a good look for young fighters looking to become superstars.

Pac just got beat by a school teacher and his lifelong trainer called for him to retire publicly. Now he's looking for a joke fight against an MMA guy who is 0 and 1 in boxing and got knocked out by a retired fighter.

There is no reason for Loma to fight Pacman. His name is meaningless at this point. It would probably just turn fans against him like when De La Hoya fought Chavez. To this day he still says it was the biggest mistake of his entire career because people never forgave him for doing it. Crushing legends that should have been retired is not a good look for young fighters looking to become superstars.

Pacquiao is a good name to add to his resume, nobody will turn against him you know how many fools actually thought Pacquiao beat Horn? twitter was swamped and with only two days promotion Pacquiao vs Horn with very little promotion just two freaking day son espn Thursday and Friday the fight peaked at like 4 million viewership, now imagine if they build Pacquiao vs Loma up for two months? those ratings will be huge and if they put it on ABC instead of ESPN? massive and great for Loma to shine.

Loma fighting old Pacman will catapult him, whats wrong with that fight? its a great way to pass the torch man.

So you think Crawford deserves it more than Loma, Crawford would wipe the floor with Manny he is too big and strong, Lomachenko at least will just humiliate Manny but he won't get the type of damage that Crawford or Horn would inflict again on him.

there is no other boxer in or around Lomas division that will catapult his name. Pac is the last of the big names it was him and Floyd, its a great passing of the torch in my opinion and easily made since both are under Top Rank. I rather see Manny get beat wtihout taking too much damage as opposed to having him left senseless from Terence Crawford out cold on the mat.

A recent ESNEWS video indicates that Pacquiao may be fighting Mikey Garcia. Mikey Garcia will win this and it will make the Mikey vs Loma fight even bigger.

I think Lomachenko will be fighting Berchelt next, or someone like Machado/Ogawa (the other belt holders).
Why is Mikey name even thrown around though? Mikey doing business with Bob Arum after he was left on the outs because of a lawsuit, didnt Mikey have to take two years off because he had a lawsuit on Arum and Mikey finally got out of it?

I dont think Arum would allow Mikey to take a win over any of his fighters unless Mikey was with Top Rank

From what I heard Arum wants Manny to finally fight a tune up or a gimme, just to keep him active for the Crawford vs Horn winner should Horn beat cocoran on Wednesday.

Back