The best division and it’s not even close

P4PSHERGOAT

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is fucking lightweight.
I mean Conor Mcgregor, Tony Ferguson, Justin gaychi, Edson barboza, Nate Diaz, Edward, Kevin Lee, micheal Johnson, Anthony pettis etc. no division has as many exciting fighters as lightweight. And even the no names are fucking animals. This division is so fucking deep you got guys like mairbek taisumov at #15 and is the hardest division to dominate if your champ tied with heavyweight, both have the title defense record at 3. Every other division has had a dominant champ except lightweight(and heavyweight)
Lightweight is the
<{JustBleed}>Division

Yep. lw>>>>>>>every other division.

There are so many solid guys in the division:

Conor, Khabib, Barboza, Ferg, Lee, Alvarez, Justin G, then you have a ton of solid fighters like: Poirier, Michael Chiesa, Nate Diaz, pettis,Dariush, Raging Al, Felder, Prazeres, Khabilov, Vick, Taisumov, OAM, Duffy, Islam M., David Teymur, Lando, etc.

Last edited:
It's been boring because as many great fighters as there are, none naturally gets a title shot. This dates back even before Conor where Gilbert jumped the line.

Division needs a jump start. We've been talking about Khabib needing to fight for belt since early 2014.

Last edited:
Im thinking male bantamweight is the best right now... some crazy good guys competing!

Im thinking male bantamweight is the best right now... some crazy good guys competing!
I don’t know, like I said the majority of the top 15 in lightweight are exciting fighters and even unranked guys are exciting, this even spreads to other organizations

I don’t know, like I said the majority of the top 15 in lightweight are exciting fighters and even unranked guys are exciting, this even spreads to other organizations
Lightweight has the benefit of having that average male size around the world, which turns this weight division really full of competitors. u know, a healthy and fit 175-180 adult male probably can compete at 155.

best division of all time was 2009-11 Welterweight

GSP
Condit
Diaz
prime Koscheck
Prime Fitch
BJ Penn
Matt Hughes
Rumble Johnson
Prime Alves
Paul Daley
Matt Brown
prime Ellenberger
Prime Hendricks
Martin Kampman
young Rory MacDonald

It's the deepest but IMO featherweight has a more interesting mix of fighters and puts on better fights.

It's the deepest but IMO featherweight has a more interesting mix of fighters and puts on better fights.
Maybe, the matchmaking could be much better and the division seems to be stalled, I wonder why ;)

Is fucking lightweight.
I mean Conor Mcgregor, Tony Ferguson, Justin gaychi, Edson barboza, Nate Diaz, Edward, Kevin Lee, micheal Johnson, Anthony pettis etc. no division has as many exciting fighters as lightweight. And even the no names are fucking animals. This division is so fucking deep you got guys like mairbek taisumov at #15 and is the hardest division to dominate if your champ tied with heavyweight, both have the title defense record at 3. Every other division has had a dominant champ except lightweight(and heavyweight)
Lightweight is the
<{JustBleed}>Division

It's been the most stacked division for a minute. Nothing new

Personal Fav is men's BW right now. I mean the top 10 is still ridiculous right now despite losing Michael McDonald and Faber not too long ago.

18I7bJV.png

Could you imagine if Frankie was just like, fuck it and dropped to BW?

Nothing lightweight about the lightweight division. loads of potentially great fights in there.

Personal Fav is men's BW right now. I mean the top 10 is still ridiculous right now despite losing Michael McDonald and Faber not too long ago.

18I7bJV.png

Really, from 135-155(would add 170 but it’s in a low point right now ) all have a case for being the best division, but I will still go with 155

I think lightweight is, but bantamweight is giving it a run for its money. Featherweight and Welterweight are slowly picking up. The rest are dead.

18I7bJV.png

I agree. And they don't even have Faber and Barao anymore
Not only Frankie, imagine MM on there too

I think lightweight is, but bantamweight is giving it a run for its money. Featherweight and Welterweight are slowly picking up. The rest are dead.
Exactly, to me 145-170 and the top 3 at bantam and top 5-10 at 185 are all I care about. The other divisions are trash. Besides 1 fighter here or there

Back