The Best Biopic?

One that should've been mentioned immediately:

MV5BMTQxNDQwNjQzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQxNDYyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Also, even though I'm not a huge fan of Spike Lee, this is a very good film:

Malcolm-X-1452542503.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay fixed, I think. Check it again.

Jamie Foxx's performance in that movie was outstanding, but I didn't enjoy the story. His personal life was a lot darker than I expected to or wanted to see. And, in fact, Ray Charles' family life was an even bigger mess than the movie portrayed. They made it seem like he had only one wife over that time period when he actually had a couple and 12 children between 9 different women.

Jamie Foxx's performance in that movie was outstanding, but I didn't enjoy the story. His personal life was a lot darker than I expected to or wanted to see. And, in fact, Ray Charles' family life was an even bigger mess than the movie portrayed. They made it seem like he had only one wife over that time period when he actually had a couple and 12 children between 9 different women.

I can't say I know much about his personal life, but I thought the movie was excellent. I still remember going to see it.

I don't really smoke weed anymore but I did at the time and I got high before going into the theater. I remember thinking the music sounded SO GOOD and then my high wore off and I got pissed.

The story was not really as I expected but I was okay with it. I put Ray just below the slightly superior Walk The Line, another music biopic that I can remember going to see because it was just that good.

Back