The Battle for Florida

That MaCarthy Era rhetoric might work on old fogies, but not on those 35 years old and under.
Well, he wants socialized health care, higher taxes, etc.

I'm so fed up with the blame the rich BS. A flat tax is the only way to truly be fair. Blaming the wealthy is simply jealousy.

Well, he wants socialized health care, higher taxes, etc.

I'm so fed up with the blame the rich BS. A flat tax is the only way to truly be fair. Blaming the wealthy is simply jealousy.

Whats so bad about bringing up the corporate tax rate from 5.25 to the 7 range and investing the funds into education?

Monkey this up. Unreal.
Every time someone says the word monkey, its not a racial slur. Settle down.

So, if I ask a black guy for a monkey wrench, am I offending him? If there are black kids playing on the monkey bars, can I state the obvious?

The racial climate in the US is at a ridiculous level of "gotcha" paranoia.

It ain't always racism.

It's quite amazing, I don't think I've ever seen another human being who's so deeply embedded themselves into the overall human psyche.

It doesn't matter what the headline is, someone will find some way to relate it to President Trump.

I wonder how many on the left are aware of the fact that they're doing the President's work for him.

Maybe that's Trump's endgame :

To Be Remembered as our President.

He apparently doesn't give a shit if he's remembered fondly or not, just as long as he's remembered for something.

Basically, Trump is an attention whore who is living the "attention whore's" Dream : Being POTUS and everyone talking about you everywhere.

So, if I ask a black guy for a monkey wrench, am I offending him? If there are black kids playing on the monkey bars, can I state the obvious?

It ain't always racism.

That may be true but that's not how the Voting public would view it, though.

It ain't always racism.
Dont know. He has been in a few elections already. Has he used that term for all of his opponents? What does he mean by monkey it up? Is that a regular term?

Dont know. He has been in a few elections already. Has he used that term for all of his opponents? What does he mean by monkey it up? Is that a regular term?
I don’t know, I guess it means to fuck it up. If the opponent wasn’t black, no one would give a shit.

It’s just a ridiculous semantics climate we live in today.

I've heard of the term "Man up" but this is the first time I've seen "monkey it up" being used.

He could've said "mess it up", "screw it up", or something like that but he used the word "monkey" so I think Ron knew what he was saying....and I'm still BAFFLED why he would jeopardize his opportunity at Governor like this.

I don’t know, I guess it means to fuck it up. If the opponent wasn’t black, no one would give a shit.

Right. So it could be a subconscious slip. Cant just dismiss it as not racist. Im not gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a simple slip up.

I've heard of the term "Man up" but this is the first time I've seen "monkey it up" being used.

He could've said "mess it up", "screw it up", or something like that but he used the word "monkey" so I think Ron knew what he was saying....and I'm still BAFFLED why he would jeopardize his opportunity at Governor like this.
No politician in their right mind would say something like that publicly and mean it that way.

C’mon guys. I get that the politicians will use it, but as regular people we should see this.

Lets see if more past issues come back now to bite him in the ass

Right. So it could be a subconscious slip. Cant just dismiss it as not racist. Im not gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a simple slip up.
Really? I’m guessing you lean left? Seriously, if this dynamic were any different, no one would even notice.

Back