THE BATMAN v.2 (Robert Pattinson and Nicholas Hoult Screen Testing in Costume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That studio needs a whole lot of uppercuts. Every time they make a statement it gets worse and worse. We'll see how Justice League turns out, but it's really looking like they need to overhaul everything ASAP.

I'll say it again

Old. Man. Bruce

Michael-Keaton.jpg

Michelle-Pfeiffer-The-Family-e1377651930435.jpg

LMFAO fire every single person involved at wb/dc films. Every. Single. One.

Get a totally new crew from executives down to coffee boys. They're a total fucking joke & embarrassment.

Weddon can hold up his end...as well as that chick who directed wonderwoman.

Outside of those two fire every exectuve board member because wow...they are fucking bad.

I fail to see how standalone would be an issue. That's a built-in explanation why the other films have no bearing on it.

But why??

What keep shooting yourself in the foot over and over again?

Any day now Reeves is going to give a statement saying he was misinterpreted,... oops never mind.

Update: August 24, 2017

Matt Reeves Clarifies THE BATMAN Movie Is Part of the DC Extended Universe

Matt Reeves tweeted: “Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN… In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn’t be filled with cameos servicing other stories — that it would be a BATMAN story.”

Wouldn't put it past them to have changed plans based on outraged reactions

I don't like the way Reeves is coming across. I just don't get a good vibe from him.

Update: September 11, 2017

ARROW Showrunner Drops Major Clue That Deathstroke is No Longer in THE BATMAN

47yAgOO.jpg

Collider recently interviewed Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim on the return of Manu Bennett's Deathstroke to the show and his larger presence in season 6.

Guggenheim commented, "It was a function of… you know, DC control these characters. We went through a period where DC was like, ‘We’ve got plans for Deathstroke that don’t include Arrow.’ That changed at the end of this year,” Guggenheim explained.

It doesn't take much to read between the lines and draw the conclusion that Matt Reeves' vision for The Batman doesn't include Deathstroke. When Reeves previously stated that he wanted a "detective, noir driven Batman" many fans surmised that his take had no room for a psychical adversary like Slade.

Arrow Showrunner Drops A Major Clue That Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke Is No Longer In The Batman

Update: September 13, 2017

Ben Affleck's BATMAN Script Reportedly Influenced by David Fincher's THE GAME

mkB4k4n.jpg

We'll probably never know what the original iteration of The Batman had in store for us and with Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns' screenplay ditched by Matt Reeves so he can start from scratch, that doesn't look like it will change in the near future. However, a Tweet from The Wrap's Umberto Gonzalez - which was actually liked by Joe Manganiello - reveals which David Fincher movie inspired Affleck.

That was 1997 mystery thriller The Game. Starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn, it told the story of a wealthy investment banker who is given a mysterious gift: participation in a game that integrates in strange ways with his everyday life. As the lines between the banker’s real life and the game become more uncertain, hints of a conspiracy become apparent. What does that have to do with The Batman?

It's been said that the movie would have been very detective focused, so chances are Affleck was looking at the thriller and conspiracy aspects of The Game for help in establishing the tone of this film.

On the plus side, Reeves has said his take on The Batman will be a "noir driven, detective version of Batman" so it could be that not all of what Affleck was going for has been lost. We don't know if Manganiello is going to appear as Deathstroke, though, or even if the former director will be suiting up as the Caped Crusader so the movie's future very much remains up in the air.

Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN Screenplay Was Reportedly Influenced By This David Fincher Movie

Poor Joe. Gets a big gig in a superhero flick and then that script gets cancelled.

Sad. Loved the game and I've wanted a more detective/ noir oriented Batman since forever.

Sad. Loved the game and I've wanted a more detective/ noir oriented Batman since forever.

It's looney how many issues DC has been having with their cinematic efforts. I think they need a "mum is the word" philosophy going forward. Sometimes less is more.

It's looney how many issues DC has been having with their cinematic efforts. I think they need a "mum is the word" philosophy going forward. Sometimes less is more.
They think they can duplicate MCU's success without laying a foundation. Its ridiculous.

They think they can duplicate MCU's success without laying a foundation. Its ridiculous.

At this point it seems like DC is just spouting out ideas to the press to see what gets positive feedback. That's not an awful approach but you'd think by this point they'd have a better idea of what their core group of fans want.

Plus for you:

Saw that the other day and really dug the style.

At this point it seems like DC is just spouting out ideas to the press to see what gets positive feedback. That's not an awful approach but you'd think by this point they'd have a better idea of what their core group of fans want.

Plus for you:

Saw that the other day and really dug the style.

cheers, thats fresh

Update: August 23, 2017

Director Matt Reeves Says THE BATMAN is Not Part of the Extended Universe

Qleu2hr.jpg

Whether or not Ben Affleck is Batman, the character's titular film The Batman may not be reliant on the rest of the DC Extended Universe.

In a recent interview, The Batman director Matt Reeves revealed he was pitched on the standalone film as it being an isolated approach to Gotham's Dark Knight.

"When they approached me, what they said was, 'Look, it’s a standalone. This isn’t part of the Extended Universe,'" Reeves said on The Business podcast in July.

For Reeves, it's all about being able to tell his own story with the film. "I am also totally fine not doing Batman. It's not like I want to do any version of Batman. I want to do my version of Batman and if that's exciting to them, which so far everything we've talked about is, then that's incredibly exciting because it means, 'Wow! We're gonna do something we're all excited about!'"

"If they're not, that's completely their perogative," Reeves said. "This is their franchise. They own the characters. They're going to spend a tremendous amount of money. I'm not asking anyone to do what they don't want to do."

On Tuesday, the ground nearly shook when Deadline revealed a standalone Joker origin story film was on the way. It was the first news of DC Films and Warner Bros. introducing stories which exist in their own worlds outside of the DC Extended Universe, coming complete with a new actor in the titular Batman nemesis role who is not Jared Leto.

Speculation looking back on Reeves' comments paired with the Joker film in separate universe points to The Batman film existing in a similar, isolated world.

Matt Reeves Was Told 'The Batman' Is Not Part Of The Extended Universe

This could still be a part of the universe. Just make it a prequel.

Batman is already batman in. bVs. He clearly has a lot of stories behind him.

You can still do a darker batman in this film series.

Perhaps even you can find a way to bridge the gap from a gritty noir style batman movie to the more fantasy style lf the current DC universe. Perhaps something happens that sets off the universe to start taking on this cartoonish atmosphere.

I'll say it again

Old. Man. Bruce

Michael-Keaton.jpg

Michelle-Pfeiffer-The-Family-e1377651930435.jpg

Batman Beyond would be awesome!

A few years ago, when they talked about rebooting Batman, I had hoped that it would be James Garner playing an elderly Bruce Wayne recruiting and training a young dude to take his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back