THE BATMAN v.2 (Robert Pattinson and Nicholas Hoult Screen Testing in Costume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Ben Affleck really, but he was dope in BvS. I thought he was one of the few shining moments of that movie. And you can tell in his scenes with Henry Cavill what a good actor looks like versus a crappy one. Cavill is the worst.
Ben isn't some great actor either. It's gotta be much easier playing Batman than Superman

Didnt Ben Affleck already confirm at San Diego Comic Con that he is returning?

Update: August 23, 2017

Director Matt Reeves Says His THE BATMAN is Not Part of the Extended Universe

Qleu2hr.jpg

Whether or not Ben Affleck is Batman, the character's titular film The Batman may not be reliant on the rest of the DC Extended Universe.

In a recent interview, The Batman director Matt Reeves revealed he was pitched on the standalone film as it being an isolated approach to Gotham's Dark Knight.

"When they approached me, what they said was, 'Look, it’s a standalone. This isn’t part of the Extended Universe,'" Reeves said on The Business podcast in July.

For Reeves, it's all about being able to tell his own story with the film. "I am also totally fine not doing Batman. It's not like I want to do any version of Batman. I want to do my version of Batman and if that's exciting to them, which so far everything we've talked about is, then that's incredibly exciting because it means, 'Wow! We're gonna do something we're all excited about!'"

"If they're not, that's completely their perogative," Reeves said. "This is their franchise. They own the characters. They're going to spend a tremendous amount of money. I'm not asking anyone to do what they don't want to do."

On Tuesday, the ground nearly shook when Deadline revealed a standalone Joker origin story film was on the way. It was the first news of DC Films and Warner Bros. introducing stories which exist in their own worlds outside of the DC Extended Universe, coming complete with a new actor in the titular Batman nemesis role who is not Jared Leto.

Speculation looking back on Reeves' comments paired with the Joker film in separate universe points to The Batman film existing in a similar, isolated world.

Matt Reeves Was Told 'The Batman' Is Not Part Of The Extended Universe

I think Reeves just misinterpreted it or what he meant to say that his Batman movie's story will be self-contained.

If not, then WB's DC Films is a trainwreck. :confused:

Time to clear the table and start all over again.

That better be a miscommunication/misunderstanding. 'cause if that's accurate, WB has no fucking idea what they are doing.

wb an dc need to get their shit together this is sad at this point

why even try to build an extended universe then?

theyre stupid as fuck

And this is why DC fails at nearly everything

They need let Bruce Timm take over.

Is DC comics that bad that thy feel the need to make so many Batman
related movies.

i hope the ww success doesn't go to their head are like we can do anything now

They need let Bruce Timm take over.

Is DC comics that bad that thy feel the need to make so many Batman
related movies.

Well if you saw Batman and Harley Quinn you may rethink that. While it did have some good points the bad/stupid parts brought it down IMO.

LMFAO fire every single person involved at wb/dc films. Every. Single. One.

Get a totally new crew from executives down to coffee boys. They're a total fucking joke & embarrassment.

<23>

Are they intentionally trying to fuck up the progress they ,are with Wonder Woman?

eh........i'm just going to pretend this is the live action multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back