The band Oasis .....

Oasis were the shit

Gotta agree with folks saying Radiohead were different class though

Radiohead pisses out things Oasis daily.

Best British 90s band:

the_wildhearts-4835487050.jpg

I can't stand Oasis for all the reasons already mentioned -
- ripping off the Beatles
- annoying singing voice
- pair of gobby twats

Nah. They are just some whiny brats
Red Hot Chilli Peppers were way better and bigger back then

They were a great band, I love their songs. But they are still known as a 90's Beatles knock off; Noel even ripped off the Beatles chord for chord in some songs.

Since I am the P4P biggest Beatles fan here, I don't particularly have a problem with them being a Beatles knockoff. 90's culture mixed with the Beatles, whats not to love?

Saying they chord for chord ripped off the Beattles is a bit of a stretch. There's definitely some riffs that are close, but entire songs chord for chord did not happen -unless they were covering something.

Also, theres some 'Stone Roses' influence imo in Oasis as well.

Great band in the beginning. Their 1st 2 or 3 albums were damn good, but they fizzed out over time.

Even tho it's played out now, 'Champagne Supernova' is one of my all timers with them. 1st time I heard that song the 'where were you while we were getting high' line was belting out while I was exhaling a bong hit. I was sold on them from there on out. In life their are moments you'll never forget -big and small- and that's one for me. A good memory I'll always asociate with that band, that song, and that moment.

They were a great band, I love their songs. But they are still known as a 90's Beatles knock off; Noel even ripped off the Beatles chord for chord in some songs.

Since I am the P4P biggest Beatles fan here, I don't particularly have a problem with them being a Beatles knockoff. 90's culture mixed with the Beatles, whats not to love?

Respect. Agreed 100%

But I think their heavier, faster stuff had its own style. My personal fav is Slide Away.

Liam purposefully sounding like John Lennon is great.

I really loved "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" but never really explored their other albums. Just one of those things.

Just like I bought every Incubus album up until ...Crow Left of The Murder and loved them all..but ignored them since

If you wanna get laid learn Wonderwall on the guitar.. Bitches love Wonderwall.

Yeah no kidding.. Oasis was big in the 90s maybe, but they weren't the biggest by any means.

Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, etc were just as big if not more popular throughout the entire 90s.

I'm sure Oasis thought they were bigger than they really were though. Liam and Noel were annoying twats.

Sometimes 90s music weirds me out. Creep is from 1992 which is right around the time
Of nevermind by nirvana. Which blew 80s rock out of water. But then by 97 you have OK Computer. That's a pretty large jump in 5-7 years. And granted most 90s music is GARBAGE but the good stuff is so fucking good...

I was a big fan of Oasis back in the day. Went to see em a couple of times but in truth only their first 2 albums were classics and they went off the boil pretty fast after that. Another tragic tale of creativity destroyed by overindulgence in the old Peruvian marching powder.

Liam really is a grade A wanker but he is a hella funny one

and here's my enduring favourite track of theirs...

not to use the cliche term 'sound track of my youth' but it really was if you grew up in 90s England.

Amazing band, kings of the pub-rock genre. You cant deny their chart success in the UK, no band has come close since.

definitley maybe is one of the best albums ever.

In fact Oasis might be my second favourite band, after the stone roses.

not to use the cliche term 'sound track of my youth' but it really was if you grew up in 90s England.

Amazing band, kings of the pub-rock genre. You cant deny their chart success in the UK, no band has come close since.

definitley maybe is one of the best albums ever.

In fact Oasis might be my second favourite band, after the stone roses.
stone roses are the shit bro! love them.

Yeah no kidding.. Oasis was big in the 90s maybe, but they weren't the biggest by any means.

Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, etc were just as big if not more popular throughout the entire 90s.

I'm sure Oasis thought they were bigger than they really were though. Liam and Noel were annoying twats.
I pretty much agree but post - Oasis, Noel is one of my favorite people to follow on social media. Dude just doesn't give a fuck and he's funny as hell.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...hings-noel-gallagher-has-been-mad-at-20150317

18. Kanye West
"Somebody needs to buy that dumbass a dictionary so he can look up the word "artistry".... Get him a dictionary from me, I'll fuckin' sign it and give it to him so he can look it up." –RS, Feb. 2015

19. Beyoncé
"[If the word "artistry"] applies to Beyoncé then fuck me." –National Post, Feb. 2015

Back