The band Oasis .....

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
70 million albums sold, sold our arenas, stadiums, and large festivals. They were together from 1991-2011, good run. Most of their albums got rave reviews, and lead song writer Noel Gallagher wrote anthums most of the UK knows by heart.

In terms of influence and quality, is it fair to say they were the last great rock and roll band and weren't they biggest band, overall, from 1997-2007 ? Who was bigger, if not them ?

Great band, but they'll always carry around the stigma of stylistically ripping off The Beatles. And their best work was roughly from '94-'96. Beyond then, I would say several/many bands were "bigger", eg Linkin Park, Coldplay, Green Day, etc.

Last edited:
Last great band was S Club 7.

I like Wonderwall, but that's about it. And the voice is annoying so I'm sure lots of bands could have performed that song better. Don't really like or know anything else by them. They weren't really big here as far as I know. Always seen them as a one hit wonder.

Limp Bizkit was the greatest band of that era hands down. Yeaaah!!!

I like Wonderwall, but that's about it. And the voice is annoying so I'm sure lots of bands could have performed that song better. Don't really like or know anything else by them. They weren't really big here as far as I know. Always seen them as a one hit wonder.
Don't look back in Anger's anthemic chorus still send shivers down my spine.

Love Oasis but they aren't even the greatest British band of their era. That would be Radiohead

Don't look back in Anger's anthemic chorus still send shivers down my spine.

That name sounds familiar so I'm sure I've heard that song. But anyways, they aren't huge here. Known yes. Huge, not really.

Even Noel Gallagher hates Oasis videos.

Last edited:
Feelin Supersonic, gimme gin & tonic (p4p worst drink)

70 million albums sold, sold our arenas, stadiums, and large festivals. They were together from 1991-2011, good run. Most of their albums got rave reviews, and lead song writer Noel Gallagher wrote anthums most of the UK knows by heart.

In terms of influence and quality, is it fair to say they were the last great rock and roll band and weren't they biggest band, overall, from 1997-2007 ? Who was bigger, if not them ?
They were a great band, I love their songs. But they are still known as a 90's Beatles knock off; Noel even ripped off the Beatles chord for chord in some songs.

Since I am the P4P biggest Beatles fan here, I don't particularly have a problem with them being a Beatles knockoff. 90's culture mixed with the Beatles, whats not to love?

That name sounds familiar so I'm sure I've heard that song. But anyways, they aren't huge here. Known yes. Huge, not really.
They used the piano in Lennon's imagine as the intro.

The greatest rock n roll band, Oasis.
The greatest heavy metal band, Iron Maiden.

End of discussion.

I like Wonderwall, but that's about it. And the
voice is annoying so I'm sure lots of bands could have performed that song better. Don't really like or know anything else by them. They weren't really big here as far as I know. Always seen them as a one hit wonder.
After Definitely, Maybe and Morning Glory (two legit classics), their third album was one of the most anticipated in rock history, world wide. It just didn't live up to the hype.

They are much more than a one hit wonder, though.

Live Forever

Supersonic

Don't Look back in Anger

Some Might Say

Campagne Supernova

and a bunch more in the later years, like Little By Little, Songbird, Stop Crying your Heart Out (a sports anthem for a bit).

They are at their best when Liam stays home and Noel signs all the songs acoustically. Great shit.

Last edited:
I like Wonderwall, but that's about it. And the voice is annoying so I'm sure lots of bands could have performed that song better.
Glad I’m not the only one. I like their songs but can’t get over the annoying voice that sings them

Back