The amount of people dying of drugs in West Virginia is staggering !

NIck Saban is like the greatest college football coach of all time. And Jimbo Fisher is HC of FSU I think. They grew up like 20 miles apart but only met for first time a few years ago when their teams played each other. WV is all mountains and rivers, so everyone lives in a little valley all to themselves.
Now they're filthy rich.

I go to school in rural Ohio, where heroin use and opioid addiction is everywhere. I intern at a local Rite Aid and pretty much all we sell is opioids. Isn't the death toll from overdoses in the tens of thousands nationally?

You'll hear a lot of talk on this site about how immigration and Islam is killing the white race, but sadly you don't hear much about things that literally kill tens of thousands of mostly poor white folk.

West Virginia is home to the greatest MMA promotion of all time
Shocked to hear these people have a drug problem though

OkesvsOdell_zpsdapzrval.jpg

Browningvs.Love_zpsxdnhajxm.jpg

McBridevs.Fisher_zpsmhyahuxn.jpg
Dennis Okes Jr. And Byron Odell are the same guy.

I'm not surprised by that at all. I know more people who have died from overdose than from natural causes.

You go to work, get jacked up on the job, go to the doc, get put on opioids.

The rest is all downhill...

Sadly.

I had read that 40% of unemployed white males are addicted to opioids.

There was an article just a couple of months ago that stated a particular road construction company (or was it a state's DOT) couldn't hire anyone because they couldn't pass the drug test. They kept being flagged for opioids.

So in three years there won't be any white men left in West Virginia?
100 people * .66 * .66 * .66 = 28 people left.

I shouldn't round down. Technically 28.74. And .74 of a person is pretty smart in Virginia.

Yes. But they have a lot of pressure on them. Nick coaches Bama, and Fisher at FSU. One or two seasons not in the playoffs means their heads will be called for.

They already have more money than they will ever need. Saban is worth $30 million and Fisher $13 million today. Saban makes $11 million a year and Fisher $3.6 million. I'm certain they can survive on another year or two of salary at that rate. They both likely have contracts that would continue to pay them even if they're fired.

I'd probably OD as well if I lived in that shit hole state

I suffered from addiction for years, and like most, it started with pain pills. I didn't decide I wanted to try heroin out of the blue one day. It took a lot of years of my life tho, and I was lucky to dig myself out. Once I got clean, I started training and have fought ever since.

You go to work, get jacked up on the job, go to the doc, get put on opioids.

The rest is all downhill...

Sadly.

This is the story that a lot of people push, to try to make it look like evil big pharma is turning all these random unsuspecting people into junkies after one quick trip to the doctor but it's largely bullshit. The vast majority of people who use painkillers don't end up that way. The people who do go from pills to H are cases where you're often already going to find a history of substance abuse. It's a very rare thing when some average person is going to go from picking up a prescription at a pharmacy to buying dope on the street. It obviously happens, but not the way people say it does.

As far as the topic of the thread, Charles Murray has talked about this and is someone worth listening to.

Need to watch this documentary on Netflix. 'Heroin(e)'. It follows three women fighting West Virginia's Opioid epidemic.

And heroin is dirt cheap now to boot.

I had a friend (his whole family is friends with mine) who was put on oxy by his doctor for a sports injury when oxy first came out. Of course he got hooked. Then he had to get clean. Well, it turns out he just started doing heroin instead and he OD'd s couple years ago and died. I have seen people do all major of drugs, but never in my circle has heroin ever even been seen. Apparently it is becoming so prevalent that he was able to get it through someone I would never have suspected as having those kinds of connections. It's insane.

Lol at 1/3 of all white males in WV dying from drug overdose. I can see how you came up with that figure, but you need to think a little bit harder about this, champ.

Being from West Virginia (mind you, I left the second I graduated high school) this is absolutely no surprise to me. There is fuck all to do there. Even in the part I was from which was 30 minutes from Maryland or Virginia there still wasn't shit to do without driving 35+ miles so kids have nothing better to do but get fucked up. My good friend from high school is now a cop in the town where I lived during middle and high school says the drug problem gets worse and worse, specifically heroin. Multiple people I graduated high school with have died of heroin ODs and plenty more are junkies. Total shit hole these days.

Can't they just pursue outdoor activities or trane UFC or something?

Can't they just pursue outdoor activities or trane UFC or something?
Possibly, but a good chunk don't. I also think it has something to do with the school system, at least in my area. The school system in my county was and still is shit. The high school gets the bottom of the barrel teachers that don't give two shits. I know they aren't there to be the parents but I'm sure it doesn't help either.

NIck Saban is like the greatest college football coach of all time. And Jimbo Fisher is HC of FSU I think. They grew up like 20 miles apart but only met for first time a few years ago when their teams played each other. WV is all mountains and rivers, so everyone lives in a little valley all to themselves.

i dont doubt there are people who get addicted to pain killers due to long term pain that they are dealing with. However, i doubt this case is the norm in many drug afflicted areas, some people are ok being junkies and escaping life. Even in third world poor areas there are people who are ok with being junkies as its an escape for the real world, a lot of people have depression issues which they dont deal with correctly. I truly do feel bad for those kids who get pulled into this world due to their environment.

Back