The All-Purpose Rugby Thread (League and Union): Champions Cup Semi-Finals on Today

Damn couldn't watch today. Think I'll avoid all Irelands games now! Was it as much a demolition as the score suggests?

Yep apart from a few brief stretches were Italy were on the attack for a few minutes or two it was a complete dicking from first to last.

I like the extra point stuff they've added. Eddie Jones said he wants to turn Italy over, keeps the intensity up. Could still all be decided in Dublin.

2 super entertaining games today. England look set to 5-0 the tournament again tbh, Wales were very strong, played their game but England are fantastic, measured and technical.

I like the extra point stuff they've added. Eddie Jones said he wants to turn Italy over, keeps the intensity up. Could still all be decided in Dublin.

Yes like was it two years ago? England will probably crush Italy and Scotland at home but if Wales keep winning Ireland could spoil the party at the Aviva Stadium in the last game of the tournament. I'm pretty sure Wales will beat Ireland at home in the 4th round.

Still hopeful about Scotland though.

Nah I think France's pack will just be way too powerful for Scotland, plus home advantage. Wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but then again it suits us better if France win so I'll be cheering for them.

Last edited:
Laidlaw a big loss for Scotland. Good half, think France will pull away second half

Man wtf was that kick :eek: Needed to go in to touch, but ah well, great game. Ben Te'o is a fucking unit, always been great when he played for Leinster.
Jonathan Davies made a right hash of that kick, cost us the game essentially. Should have been Biggar in the pocket receiving it. Also taking off Ross Moriarty on the hour was a huge mistake, that dude was just a beast in the collisions all game.

Oh well, down to Ireland to stop England now.

Laidlaw out for the rest of Six Nations, big blow for Scotland. Maybe Italy fancy that game now?

Laidlaw out for the rest of Six Nations, big blow for Scotland. Maybe Italy fancy that game now?

Seen that, definitely a big blow but I don't think it's that big of a blow that Italy could beat them.

Good win for Ulster last week, even better performance against a top side in Glasgow.

We have the Italian sides in our next three games so we need to really put points on them and pick up bonus point wins if we want to have any hope of finishing in the top 4, our last three games of the season are all really tough.

And Super Rugby was back yesterday, always good to gave more rugby to watch! Hoping the Blues go well this year, don't really follow any one team in Super Rugby (though like all the New Zealand ones) but I have a soft spot for the Blues. They looked brilliant in their opening game, though I guess a lot of that was because the rebels were shite, but lots of good performances (Augustine Pulu looks a good signing). Rieko Ioane looks a gun, he's gonna be a star, no doubt about it...

And when Sonny Bill Williams is back from injury that's gonna be a freakish centre partnership.

And not long till the NRL is back now either.

Six Nations on again this weekend, big game for Ireland against France, I think it'll a really tough, physical game early on but I fancy our chances of winning. I think we've just go too much speed so if we can keep shifting the ball out wide rather than trying to play through the middle eventually their big forwards will tire.

Don't watch much premiership but this was a classy try, Veainu has a mean step on him.

Checking in. Plastic Welshman, watching the match at my girlfriend's folks place in Scotland.

Cymru am byth!

Back